If you’ve been injured in any type of accident in Norcross, you could have a legal right to a large financial recovery. This money can help with medical bills, lost work time and other costs related to your injury.
Almost any kind of injury can qualify—but insurance companies are not eager to pay up. Don’t allow yourself to be left holding the bill for an injury that wasn’t your fault. You need to talk to a Norcross personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates can help you. Our Norcross personal injury attorneys have been helping injury victims for more than 20 years, and we have built up a reputation as one of the most trusted and capable law firms in the state.
When you contact us, we will offer you a detailed, in-person consultation on your case, where we can answer your legal questions and help you understand your options. Let us show you what we can do for you.
The Two Things to Do after Any Injury in Norcross
Taking any kind of action can be difficult when you’re dealing with an injury. You may be living with pain, stress, frustration and fear about medical bills. In many cases, the people our law firms work with don’t know if they will ever recover from their injury—or already know that it has changed their life forever.
But you don’t have to face your injury alone. You can take simple, basic steps to protect your own rights and look out for your financial future.
To get a financial recovery for your accident, there are just two things you need to do:
- Talk to a lawyer. The laws and insurance rules around injuries are complex, and there is no substitute for a professional legal opinion. Insurance companies want to pay you the smallest amount possible or nothing at all. They may use misleading tactics to get you to accept less than you deserve. Always talk to a lawyer after an injury.
- Don’t sign anything from the insurance company. There are two ways insurance companies will try to get you to accept a small payment. They may offer you the money quickly, before you know the full extent of your injuries or how much they cost. Or, they may drag out your claim for months, waiting until you face extreme financial pressure to offer you a lowball amount. Either way, the check will come with paperwork saying you waive your right to further money. Don’t fall for it. Never sign anything unless your lawyer tells you to.
Get the strong arm
How do I Know How Strong My Case Is?
It’s hard to know until you have a legal opinion. The most important rule is not to blame yourself. It’s normal to assume that you could have done something differently, or that your injury was a freak accident that no one could have prevented. But this is not the way the law views it.
Under the law, the key to every personal injury claim is “negligence.” Negligence is simply a legal term that means someone was careless, and that their carelessness led to the accident. Examples of negligence include:
- An apartment manager doesn’t repair a loose railing in the stairwell
- A driver changes lanes without checking his blind spot
- Someone spills milk in a convenience store, and no one from the store comes to clean it up
These are all situations where a little carelessness puts someone else in danger. No one in these examples meant to hurt anyone, but all of them failed to take simple precautions to protect the people around them. As a result, anyone who gets injured by their negligence has a right to a financial recovery.
What Are the Most Common Types of Accidents that We See in Personal Injury Claims?
- Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents
- A car hitting a cyclist or a pedestrian
- Tripping, slipping or falling
- Being injured by a criminal
- Nursing home abuse
- Faulty products
- Harmed by a prescription drug
- Prescription was filled wrong
- Medical malpractice
Do I Have to Go to Court for My Personal Injury Claim in Norcross?
Not usually, but it can happen. Sometimes the insurance company will fight us every step of the way, refusing to bargain or offering unfairly small amounts. If this happens we will give you our best recommendation on whether we should take your case to the local courts.
The choice is always yours to make. If you choose to go ahead, we will handle the entire process for you.
In most cases, however, we can force the insurance company to the bargaining table. Insurers do not want to go to court unless they’re very sure they’ll win. That’s why Norcross, GA personal injury attorneys start your case with our own investigation, gathering evidence and establishing exactly what happened—including who is at fault and how much it cost you.
Then we hammer the insurance company in negotiations and push them up to a higher number. In many cases this is all it takes to get you the money you deserve.
How Much does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in Norcross?
At John Foy & Associates we don’t believe you should have any financial barrier to getting good legal representation. That’s why we don’t charge up-front fees or steep hourly rates. Instead, we only get paid as a percentage of whatever money we win for you. Our promise is simple:
- Your consultations are always FREE
- You pay nothing out of pocket
- You pay nothing ever unless we win you a financial recovery
We believe this system is best because it makes sure we are working in your best interest, and it protects you from any risk.
How Much Time do I Have to File an Injury Case in Norcross?
The deadlines are short. Norcross follows deadlines set by state and federal law, known as statutes of limitations. The specific deadline depends on your case. Sometimes you might have up to two years to start your claim, but other times you may have only a few weeks. If you miss the deadline, you may lose your change for a financial recovery. This is why it’s so important to talk to a lawyer immediately.
Talk to a Norcross Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates we always take the side of the accident victim, never the big insurers. Let us help you win your case. We will give you a free consultation and help you make an informed choice on how to proceed. Contact us or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.