When most drivers are on the road, they are at some kind of risk of accidents and injury. However, for motorcyclists, that risk is much greater. In fact, the Georgia Department of Driver Services states that there were 3,948 motorcycle accidents in 2019, and 170 motorcyclists died in crashes.
Because motorcyclists have less protection and are at greater risk, the hospital bills and other damages from accidents tend to be greater, too. If you weren’t at fault, you shouldn’t have to deal with those alone. The Stone Mountain motorcycle accident lawyers at John Foy & Associates can help you get compensation.
What Not to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
After your motorcycle accident, there will be predatory lawyers, insurance adjusters, and other parties trying to take advantage of you to make money or reduce your compensation. It’s important to know what to look out for and how to avoid making a mistake that could mean less money or no settlement at all.
- Do NOT take cash from the other driver at the scene of the crash. If a driver isn’t insured or wants to avoid a lawsuit, they may try to pay you on the spot. Chances are, they’re not paying you all the money you’re owed, and if you accept the cash you could lose out on the rest of your compensation.
- Do NOT admit any level of fault, even if it’s a minor level of negligence. If you mention to the other driver, a witness, or the insurance company that you could have done more to avoid your accident, someone could use that against you to reduce your settlement.
- Do NOT refuse medical attention or treatment. Your safety should be your first priority, and that means getting treatment, even for a minor injury. Those injuries can become worse down the road if not treated, and you’ll need a diagnosis to get compensation for your injuries.
- Do NOT hire a lawyer that seeks you out at the hospital or your house. It’s illegal to solicit someone like that, and those lawyers will most likely take more money than they deserve and not give you the best service possible.
- Do NOT give a statement to the insurance company until you’ve talked to a lawyer. The insurance company is looking for any excuse they can get to save money. To do that, they will twist your words to show that you were partially responsible or don’t deserve maximum compensation.
The best thing that you can do to avoid someone taking advantage of you is to get a personal injury lawyer who can make sure you’re making all the right moves.
to find a John Foy office near you
Is It Worth Hiring a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
If you have any injuries or other damages that another driver caused, then yes, chances are good that it’s worth hiring a lawyer for your claim. Even if you have minor injuries or small damages, those can often become more expensive than you think. With the right motorcycle accident attorney, you won’t even have to pay anything up front.
That’s because firms like ours take contingency fees, which only come out of a portion of your compensation. That way, you won’t pay more than you receive, and you’ll never shell out legal fees for a claim that doesn’t result in a settlement.
If you’re thinking about taking on your claim alone, tou should know that a lawyer makes filing your claim easier. Their knowledge and experience mean you could get more compensation than you would without the help of an attorney.
If you’re not sure whether you should hire a lawyer for your motorcycle accident or how they can help, you can talk to a member of our team for free. At your initial consultation, an attorney can assess your case and tell you what they can do for you, as well as whether they think your claim is worth pursuing.
Stone Mountain Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Stone Mountain Can Help
When a lawyer is working on your accident case, they are bringing the skills, experience, and know-how that can make the difference between paying for hospital bills out of your own pocket and getting compensation for your expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Some services that your motorcycle accident attorney in Stone Mountain can provide include:
- Investigating your accident and gathering evidence
- Contacting experts who can testify that you were the victim in your crash
- Calculating all your damages so that you know exactly how much you’re owed
- Negotiating with the insurance company to get you the best settlement possible
- In the rare event that the insurance company refuses to settle, representing you in court
Your lawyer will help you through every step of the claims process to make sure your rights are represented.
Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Stone Mountain Today
Since motorcyclists are at more risk than other drivers, it’s important that you have someone to help you get every penny you’re owed by the at-fault party. Insurance adjusters and judges are biased against motorcyclists, too—they think bikers are more dangerous to themselves and drive more recklessly.
The Stone Mountain motorcycle accident lawyers at John Foy & Associates can help you fight the bias and recover the damages that you deserve. We’ve been serving accident victimns in Georgia for decades.
Call us or contact us online today for a FREE consultation. Someone from our firm is available to talk to you all day, every day.