Augusta has plenty of injury lawyers. And, like in any profession, some of them are going to be better than others. When you’ve been injured, you have a right to expect the best—and you need to know that the lawyer you hire will get you the most money possible. But how can you tell?
It turns out, finding the best injury lawyer isn’t hard, as long as you know what to look for. Below, we’ll look at three strategies for identifying the best. You can use one or all three of them—and most of the time, they’ll lead to the same place.
The 3 Strategies for Finding the Best Injury Lawyer
- Trust the opinions of others. An experienced lawyer has worked on hundreds of cases. That means hundreds of clients who all have an opinion on how good of a job they’ve done—and often, hundreds of other lawyers who have seen them in action. All of these factors add up to a reputation, and the best way to get to know that reputation is to ask around. You can do this in a few different ways:
- Check review sites. Don’t just believe the testimonials the lawyer puts on their own site—of course they’ll choose the best ones. Look at independent review sites. What is their average rating? How many reviews do they have total? When you skim the reviews, do you see a trend in what people are saying?
- Look at awards. Many awards are voted on within the legal community itself. This means that other attorneys have a chance to recognize the impressive work they’ve seen both in and out of court. This can tell you a lot about your lawyer.
- Ask for references. Does the lawyer offer past clients you can contact? These clients will probably have favorable opinions in general, but can also give candid answers to questions about how attentive the lawyer was or what it was like having them on the case.
- Do the research. “Research” here means taking the time to talk to several lawyers, ask the right questions, and compare their answers. Reputable injury lawyers will usually give a free consultation, so there’s no cost to meeting with three separate attorneys. Specifically, you want to ask them what cases just like yours they’ve taken on before; how they approached those cases; and what kind of results they got. If they haven’t already won cases similar to yours, keep looking.
- Trust your gut. A big part of an injury lawyer’s job is simply understanding and caring about your case. And whether they’re the kind of person who can do that is something you can tell very easily in the first meeting. When you go in to meet them, pay attention to your gut feeling: do you like them? Are they kind to you? Do they remember details you gave them over the phone? How much do they seem to care about your case? If you feel respected, that’s often the best sign you get.
Of course, you can make your search easier by going straight to the most reputable and respected law firms—like John Foy & Associates. We built our practice from a small local firm to one of the largest and most successful in the state. We offer a FREE consultation with top injury lawyers so you can get the answers you need, and decide for yourself if we’re the lawyers for the job. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.