Cash Advance On Your Case
Access To Top Medical Care
Pay Off Your Medical Bills
Recovery Of Lost Wages
Repair Or Replace Your Vehicle
We Come To You
Get Help With Transportation
Get the Strong Arm and Get Cash for Your Injury
GET a FREE PAYOUT EVALUATION
100% Privacy Guaranteed! Get Help From Attorneys That Care »
Find Out Exactly How Much You Could GET PAID For Your Car Accident Case In Athens! It Only Takes 10 Seconds!
We Get Big Results For You
- $7.7 MILLION Auto vs Motorcycle
- $6.6 MILLION Auto vs Tractor Trailer
- $2 MILLION Auto vs Auto
- $1.2 MILLION Auto vs Auto
JOHN FOY & ASSOCIATES
THE STRONG ARM
Are you the victim of a car accident in Athens, GA? If so, you may be feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next. An experienced personal injury attorney in Athens from John Foy & Associates can provide invaluable assistance in navigating the legal system and fighting for the maximum compensation that you are entitled to.
We understand the complexities of the Georgia legal system and have provided skilled representation for victims of negligence or reckless driving since 2003. Our record of recovering over $1 billion in settlement funds is proof we understand how insurance companies work and will boldly fight for you.
5 Benefits to Hiring a Large Established Read about it
Law Firm Over a Single Attorney
Six Ways to Legally Protect Yourself Following a Car Accident
In the chaotic aftermath of a collision, it isn’t easy to think clearly about your legal rights. However, certain actions taken at the accident scene can significantly impact your future injury claim. To protect yourself:
- Seek prompt medical attention, even for minor pains, to get evaluated and create a record of your injuries.
- Call the police immediately to document the negligent party and preserve evidence through an official accident report.
- Photograph property damage and surroundings while memories are fresh.
- Collect contact information from witnesses who can attest to facts.
- Be cooperative but cautious with insurance adjusters, avoiding any recorded statement until you consult an Athens, GA, car accident attorney.
- Refrain from posting anything about your accident online or discussing the collision’s details with anyone who is not your attorney.
Taking these key steps can strengthen your case and prevent the negligent party’s insurer from taking advantage during this vulnerable time.
Types of Negligence in Car Accident Cases
Car accidents can be caused by many forms of negligence by an at-fault driver. Our experienced auto accident lawyers in Athens, GA, regularly see cases arising from aggressive driving, drunk driving, drowsy driving, truck accidents, multi-vehicle pileups, and collisions caused by inexperienced teen drivers.
Regardless of what led the negligent driver to cause the collision that harmed you, our legal team can conduct a thorough investigation to establish fault. We obtain police reports, interview witnesses, reconstruct the accident scene, subpoena driving records, and take all necessary steps to identify the fault party and hold them financially accountable.
By demonstrating the specific negligent actions that resulted in your motor vehicle accident, we build strong injury claims, resulting in maximum compensation for our deserving clients.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Handling Cases in Athens Help You?
A lawyer from our law firm can help you by taking over the more complicated and confusing aspects of your case to ensure that everything is handled smoothly and on time. Our car accident attorneys serving Athens, GA, will help you by:
- Gathering evidence to prove the other party’s liability.
- Hiring accident reconstruction experts to recreate the accident and help prove the fault.
- Calculating your damages to negotiate the fairest settlement amount possible and reviewing any offers you receive.
- Filing a demand letter with the other driver’s insurance company.
- Litigating your case, if it comes to that.
Financial Damages Available for Car Accident Victims
The total amount of money you can recover will depend on the types of damages you can recover. The following are examples of possible damages:
- All of your current medical expenses related to the injury, including medical devices
- The estimated total of all future medical care the injury will still need
- The cost of seeing a specialist
- Physical therapy or other rehabilitative therapy
- Medicine costs
- The total amount of wages you lost because you couldn’t go to work
- Payment to offset any disability or life-altering injury
- The cost of repairing your car or getting a new car
It is highly unlikely that your insurance company will offer to cover all of these expenses for you. Never settle for less than the true amount you’re owed.
Additional Damages Available
In certain instances, a personal injury case may include additional or alternative damages in addition to paying for the economic losses listed above. An experienced legal team may collaborate with experts to uncover the following damages:
- Non-economic losses: Not all losses are quantifiable, like injuries, and may require the help of specialists to calculate. These losses are commonly known as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, and loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages: While a rare occurrence, some car accident cases include exemplary damages that are paid to the victim as a way to punish the offender for their egregiously negligent behavior. For example, a drunk driver may be ordered to pay additional funds to the victim to deter a repeat offense.
- Wrongful death compensation: Fair compensation can be sought by the surviving loved ones of the deceased victim. The responsible party would pay for funeral costs, burial expenses, medical bills, and other damages like loss of services if the decedent were a caregiver.
The Insurance Company Is Not Your Friend
You pay your insurance company to protect you. According to your policy, they are supposed to step in and cover medical costs in the event of a car accident. But no insurance company wants to pay a penny more than they have to—and they have an army of lawyers helping them find ways out of their contract with you.
We have seen insurance companies use every trick in the book, including:
- Accuse you of lying or exaggerating your injury.
- Call to see “how you’re doing” only to use anything positive you said against you.
- Steer you toward a doctor who will claim your injury is not severe.
- Offer you quick cash today to fool you into signing away the rest of what you’re owed
- Record conversations on the phone with you
- Pressure you to sign papers before you know how serious your injury is
- Delay payments for weeks or months so that you face financial pressure to sign
Insurers get away with this because they know that most people won’t get a lawyer. They assume that you will get frustrated and sign whatever they want, even if it means you’re left with medical bills or a lifelong injury. Beat the insurers by getting an accident lawyer who will fight for the full amount you deserve.
How Do You Know If You Have a Valid Car Accident Injury Case?
Car accident cases are complex. The best way to get a definitive answer is to talk to a car accident attorney serving Athens. You should be able to sit down, explain what happened, and discuss your case for free, with no obligation. It takes 30-60 minutes to get a professional opinion on whether you might have a case.
Anyone injured in a car accident in Athens, GA, may have a case. It doesn’t matter how the accident happened or whether the injury seems major or minor.
If you need medical attention after an accident, there’s a good chance you will have ongoing problems that will cost far more than the insurance company offers.
Types of Car Accident Injury Claims Our Clients Have Won
We have seen defendants win their cases for all kinds of car accident claims, including:
- Slippery/ foggy roads
- Brain injury
- Distracted driving
- Faulty tires
- Head-on collisions and rear-end collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Hit by an uninsured motorist
Will You Have to Go to Court?
Contrary to popular belief, most car accident claims are resolved without needing to file a lawsuit or go to trial. Our first step as your attorneys is to investigate and document every aspect of your accident thoroughly.
We will meet with you for an in-depth interview, examine the accident scene, obtain police reports, and connect you with a medical specialist to fully evaluate your injuries. Building the strongest evidence-based case is crucial for achieving maximum compensation through insurance negotiations.
With diligent preparation, we can often secure fair settlements from insurers without litigation. However, some cases do require applying intense negotiation pressure or pursuing court damages when insurers refuse reasonable offers.
If needed, our team of highly experienced trial attorneys is fully prepared to take on your case in local court. We will clearly explain your legal options and provide skilled, aggressive representation at every stage. Our priority is obtaining the maximum compensation you deserve, whether through settlement or trial.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Athens, GA?
At John Foy & Associates, we keep to a simple promise:
- You pay nothing for our initial consultation or any consultation
- You pay nothing upfront
- You pay nothing; we don’t win you money
The only way we take a fee at all is if we get you a financial recovery. Our fee comes out of the money you’ve won, so you never spend a cent out of pocket. We structure our fees this way to ensure that you face no risk in hiring us.
Talk to a Greater Athens Area Personal Injury Lawyer Today for Free
Car accident cases have tight deadlines. If you wait too long to file your claim, you could lose your rights forever. Please don’t wait until it’s too late.
Call John Foy & Associates and let our Athens, GA, car accident lawyers help you. Contact us by phone or fill out the form and get your FREE consultation today.
Our Car Accident Specialists
Basically, be cautious in everything you do or say after a car accident. Avoid admitting blame, apologizing, or downplaying your damages—and get a trusted lawyer on your side who can help you take the right actions for your case. The goal is to protect your legal rights to full compensation for all the damages you face because of the other driver’s negligence that led to your accident.
for every case!