Truck accidents in Stonecrest can cause serious, potentially life-threatening injuries that impact victims and their families for years after. When they happen due to negligence on the part of the truck driver, the company they work for, or others involved, John Foy & Associates provides the fierce legal representation you need in filing a claim.
Known as ‘The Strong Arm’ throughout Georgia, our personal injury lawyers in Stonecrest have a proven reputation for big wins. Our case results show our success in obtaining more than $1 billion in settlements and jury awards over the past 20 years. To get the compensation you need to recover, call or contact our office online and request a consultation today.
Get a Truck Accident Attorney in Stonecrest on Your Side
Truck accidents happen in a variety of ways. At John Foy & Associates, we act as fierce advocates on the side of victims. An experienced Stonecrest truck accident lawyer helps clients get compensation in the following types of cases:
- Blindspot truck accidents. These are a serious risk for drivers when traffic forces them to travel directly alongside, in front of, or behind a truck.
- Blowout truck accidents. This can occur in a number of ways where defective or improperly inflated tires cause the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Jackknife truck accidents. These incidents occur when sudden stops cause the truck trailer to ride up alongside the truck cab.
- Rear-end truck accidents. This is common on downgrades and when truckers follow motorists too closely.
- Rollover truck accidents. Rollovers can happen when going too fast around curves or due to shifting loads.
- Underride accidents. This happens when smaller vehicles crash directly under a truck due to a lack of safety protections.
Get the strong arm
Common Causes of Stonecrest Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 125,000 truck accidents occur each year. When truck accidents in Stonecrest happen, you can count on John Foy & Associates to determine why and who is responsible. Among the most common causes include:
- Driving mistakes and recklessness: This includes speeding, aggressive driving, and driving under the influence.
- Improper loading practices: This increases the risk of rollovers and other types of crashes.
- Poor truck maintenance: This includes failing to inspect tires, brakes, couplings, or other parts and make needed repairs.
- Trucking company negligence: Practices such as failing to properly train drivers or monitor their schedules and behavior on the road are common.
Truck drivers, trucking company executives, mechanics or other employees, and even truck part manufacturers can all be held liable when a truck accident in Stonecrest occurs.
What to Do If a Truck Accident Happens in Stonecrest
If you are involved in a truck accident in Stonecrest, take the following steps to protect yourself and your rights in a claim:
- Notify the police immediately so that a truck accident report can be filed.
- Get the name of the truck driver, their driver’s license and vehicle registration number, and their insurance information.
- Get the name of the trucking company they work for and contact information.
- Get names and contact numbers for witnesses at the scene.
- Take photos or videos of the accident site, your vehicle, and your injuries.
- Get treated at a local emergency room or your doctor’s office right away.
- Attend follow-up visits and refrain from work or other activities until cleared by your doctor.
Within days of a truck accident in Stonecrest, you will likely be contacted by the trucking company or their insurers. Before making any statements that could jeopardize your rights, contact our experienced Georgia truck accident lawyers first.
Get the Compensation You Need to Recover from a Truck Accident Injury
Injuries you suffer due to a truck accident in Stonecrest can affect you and your family for years after. Insurance companies representing the truck driver or the trucking company may try to offer an immediate settlement, but it will likely be far less than what you need or deserve. To avoid paying out-of-pocket, speak with our Stonecrest truck accident lawyer before accepting any settlements.
Our experience and reputation dealing with insurers help you the maximum amount you need to recover in a claim. If your losses are severe or a claim was denied, we may be able to file a lawsuit against those at fault. Under OCGA §51-12-5.1, types of compensation available include:
- Reimbursement of current medical expenses
- Coverage of future diagnostic testing, treatment, medications, and rehabilitation costs
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Compensation for short and long term disabilities
- Compensation for pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life
You may also be entitled to punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the truck driver or trucking company engaged in willful misconduct or acted with wanton negligence. As the name implies, these are designed to punish those at fault and prevent others from engaging in similar behavior. Punitive damages can total up to $250,000 or even more if the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash.
Contact a Stonecrest Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you are injured in a truck accident, John Foy & Associates provides the respect, superior care, and trusted legal representation you need in filing a claim. We have a proven track record of success and you pay no fees until we win.
To get ‘The Strong Arm’ of Georgia on your side, call or contact us online to request a consultation today.