Truck accidents can have catastrophic and long-lasting impacts. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident, the trucking company may be responsible for your financial damages sustained. A Dublin truck accident lawyer will help you resolve your claim for the maximum restitution.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Dublin
There are so many trucks on the road that there are bound to be accidents. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are as follows:
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Reckless driving
- Distracted Drivers
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Speeding or driving too fast for the conditions
- Poorly maintained truck
- Lack of training the trucker
- Failure to secure cargo
- Poorly marked traffic signs
- Texting or talking on the telephone while driving
It is essential to determine the cause of an accident. This is a crucial component of assigning liability. Responsibility for the accident may be the driver’s, the trucking company or even the entity responsible for maintaining roads and signage.
Get the strong arm
What to Do if You Are Involved in a Truck Accident
When you have been in a truck accident, it can be frightening and painful. After an accident, there are some steps you should take to protect yourself and your passengers. Here is what you should do next:
- Call 911. Do this immediately, if you can, so emergency services are on their way. Time is of the essence if anyone involved has sustained life-threatening injuries.
- Do not leave the scene of even the most minor accidents. You could be charged if you do.
- Take photos if you are able. Photos and videos can detail important information about the scene of the accident. Your Dublin truck accident attorney is trained to see details you might otherwise miss.
- Limit your interactions with those involved. Checking on those involved and relaying their conditions to the 911 operator is fine.
- Stay in your vehicle to avoid further injury if traffic or unsafe road conditions occur.
- Do not admit fault or apologize. The urge to apologize is often intense, even without a clear picture of why the accident happened. Override that impulse.
- Go for medical treatment even if you don’t feel injured. Some injuries are not immediately evident, especially if you are in shock or experiencing a spike of adrenaline.
- Attend all follow-up appointments. When proving damages from an injury, you must take the prescribed directions from medical professionals seriously.
- Obtain a report number from the officer at the scene. The officer will note everyone’s insurance information when filing the report.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. Alerting them immediately may be a condition of your policy.
- If you experience pain even days after the accident, go to the emergency room. Some injuries are not evident immediately.
Your Accident in Dublin Will Be Considered an At-Fault Collision
Georgia is an at-fault state. If you have been in a truck accident, fault will be assigned. Compensation is due to drivers who are less than 50% at fault. Trucking companies stand to lose a lot of money, so they are primed to prove that you are at least 50% responsible for the accident.
Your truck accident attorney in Dublin will use all of the resources they have at hand to prove that you should not shoulder the blame.
How Does a Truck Accident Lawyer in Dublin Determine Liability Afterwards?
There are some things that we look for when investigating an accident. The trucking company will have significant insurance backing, and we need to prove liability. These are some of the factors we are looking for:
- Did the driver break the law? Whoever violates the traffic laws is at fault.
- Driver negligence causes most accidents. They would be at fault if the driver were not paying attention because he was texting or eating or the like.
- Poor Truck Maintenace can cause accidents. Brakes that aren’t adequately serviced or signal lights that are not functioning can lead to accidents, for example.
- Rear-end wrecks are usually the driver who was following too closely’s fault. Because of their proximity to the other driver, they could not stop their truck when needed to avoid an accident.
- Driver impairment, be that illegal drugs, alcohol, or prescription medications. A driver who is impaired likely is at fault.
Your truck accident lawyer in Dublin knows what to look for and how it can improve your chances of proving liability. They want you to get all of the compensation that you are due.
What Types of Evidence Does a Dublin Truck Accident Attorney Need to Prove Liability for a Truck Accident?
John Foy & Associates will investigate your accident, review the police report, interview eyewitnesses, and gather information about the driver, the road, weather conditions, the state of the truck, and the trucking company’s attention to maintenance.
Police reports provide substantial evidence of its determination of responsibility. If the officers at the scene of the accident have found that the driver is at fault, we will use that information when dealing with insurance companies and filing claims on your behalf.
Video and photographic evidence before, during, and after the accident can go a long way when it comes to understanding the causes of an accident. There can be dashcam video, security video camera footage, and photos and videos taken after an accident. These can be taken by witnesses or by those involved in the wreck.
Proving You Are Not at Fault
Taking all of the evidence into account may still not be enough to prove that you are less than 50% to blame for the accident. If a claim cannot be resolved through negotiations with the trucking company’s insurance, those involved in the accident must go to court.
It is sometimes beneficial to hire experts to interpret the evidence and explain to a jury how they should understand what happened. Their extensive knowledge makes them a respected source whose explanation will be respected. They can also be called on to provide written information to the insurance company.
Recovering Monetary Damages Is Vital to Returning to Normal After a Dublin Truck Accident
Contact John Foy & Associates as soon as possible. We are equipped with the knowledge, experience, and resources to get you the most generous settlement possible. The sooner you reach out, the sooner Georgia’s Strong Arm can begin working for you.