The popularity of rideshare services has steadily increased throughout recent years, and therefore accidents involving these services have also demonstrated a steady increase.
All drivers in Statesboro, including rideshare drivers, are at risk for motor vehicle accidents, just like everyone else, thus the need for a Statesboro rideshare accident lawyer such as John Foy & Associates. These personal injury lawyers in Statesboro will review your case for free and determine how they can best help you recover your losses.
Eligible Rideshare Accident Injury Compensation
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation if you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident. Your lawyer can help secure compensation for:
- Health care bills
- Loss of income
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Emotional and psychological pain and suffering damages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Finding a skilled attorney in Statesboro who can assist you in obtaining compensation for your injuries can be very challenging. All paperwork needs to be gathered and presented to the insurance company as soon as possible, as well as a demand letter requesting the full compensation.
Your only chance of receiving compensation may be gone if you fail to provide the right forms of documentation or if your case is not filed on time. You may be led to believe that the low settlement they are offering is your only option to take advantage of your words. Effective legal representation is imperative for many reasons.
Get the strong arm
What to Do After a Statesboro Rideshare Accident
Even when you are just a passenger in an Uber or Lyft accident, there are some steps you should take to protect your legal rights and ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
- Contact the police: Call the police immediately after an accident occurs. To claim the negligent driver, you’ll need documentation that proves who was at fault.
- The insurance company may deny your claim if you fail to call the police after an accident. When you fail to obtain written documentation stating who is at fault, the insurance company may try and deny your claim no matter how nice or honest the person who hit you seems.
- Consult eyewitnesses: Witnesses should provide the police officer with a written statement if they saw the accident. You may benefit from their testimony if the other driver tries to blame you for the accident.
- Take photos: You might consider taking pictures of the accident scene, especially the weather/road conditions, the damage to your vehicle, as well as visible injuries.
Images may prove useful during the trial. By displaying the extent of your injuries to the judge or jury, you may help them better comprehend what happened at the time of the accident.
- Consult a doctor: If you file a compensation claim, an experienced medical expert will be of great assistance to you. To receive full coverage for your medical bills, you will have to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident and that you required medical treatment as a result of your injuries.
- Get an attorney: You should seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney whenever you are injured by the negligence or recklessness of another person.
In addition to navigating the compensation claim process, legal representation will be able to assist you with obtaining all necessary documentation, as well as negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Uber and Lyft Have Similar Insurance Policies
In Uber and Lyft car accidents, the source of recovery differs from normal accidents. A commercial insurance policy is required by Uber and Lyft. If your rideshare app is on, you will normally be covered by your company’s insurance policy.
Your coverage amount will, however, be determined by whether you took part in an Uber and Lyft ride either as the driver or as the passenger.
A commercial insurance policy of $1 million often protects both the driver and passenger on an active ride. You are covered if your rideshare driver causes an accident while you are a passenger.
The insurance company of the driver who caused the accident is usually responsible for paying for the damages. If the at-fault driver does not have adequate insurance coverage, the rideshare company’s underinsured motorist coverage kicks in.
When to Call a Rideshare Accident Attorney in Statesboro
In the event of a rideshare accident, determining fault is the first step. Both Uber and Lyft provide some insurance to their drivers, but some people work for both companies, so it is sometimes unclear which company is responsible for an accident.
In such a case, your driver should contact emergency services immediately and pull over. Gather as much information from the driver as possible while you wait for emergency services and law enforcement.
Statesboro residents who were injured in a ride-sharing accident have rights. You may be able to recover compensation related to property damage and medical bills if you were struck by a ride-sharing vehicle while in your car.
Rideshare Accident Data Tells a Scary Story
Rider safety has been raised as the number of rideshare users increases. How safe are rideshares compared to regular taxi cabs? Do rideshare accidents happen often? Researchers have examined this over the years.
Ridesharing vehicles, such as Uber and Lyft, may reduce drunk driving, but others say they increase traffic congestion.
A study from 2020 found the following:
- The number of fatal accidents and fatalities linked to ride-sharing is up 3 percent, affecting not only drivers but pedestrians as well.
- There are 987 additional deaths each year as a result of this increase.
- Accidents involving trucks and busses rose by 3-4 percent over the weekend and at night in particular.
- Nearly 1,000 car accidents are caused by ride-sharing vehicles every day.
- Uber vehicles were involved in 97 fatal accidents from 2017 to 2018.
- A total of 107 people died in those accidents.
Call a Statesboro Rideshare Accident Attorney Today
Taking advantage of a Statesboro rideshare accident lawyer familiar with Georgia law is in your best interest since these cases can be complex. John Foy & Associates represent the rights of Uber and Lyft passengers injured in rideshare accidents in Statesboro.
If you have been injured, contact us today. All ridesharing accident victims are eligible for free case reviews to better understand their rights and legal options.