Papa John’s is a pizza restaurant chain headquartered in Kentucky. Although a few of Papa John’s 5,000-plus stores offer dining rooms where you can eat your pizza, most locations are limited to carryout and delivery service. This means that most customers who walk into a Papa John’s store are only there for a short time to pick up their orders.
It only takes a split second to have a slip and fall accident at Papa John’s and end up with serious injuries. These injuries are not only painful but expensive.
Thankfully, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills and possibly emotional trauma if your injuries were caused by Papa John’s negligence. Contact John Foy & Associates at 404-260-2412 for your free case review. We are committed to helping you recover every dollar you deserve.
More About Papa John’s
“Papa” John Schnatter opened the first Papa John’s pizza location in 1984 in the back of his father’s tavern in Jefferson, IN. After becoming popular enough to need a larger space, he moved his restaurant next door and began offering dipping sauces to accompany the pizzas.
The company grew in the years that followed, selling franchise opportunities, and in 1993 they went public. Papa John’s currently has more than 5,000 stores throughout the U.S. and around the world, including several locations in Georgia.
to find a John Foy office near you
How a Slip and Fall Accident Affects You
The injuries sustained during a slip and fall accident can range from minor cuts that will heal to long-lasting pain and even permanent disability.
Potential slip and fall injuries include:
- Ankle injury
- Back or spinal cord injury
- Broken ribs or other bones
- Broken wrist or arm
- Head Injury
- Hip fracture
- Lacerations and bruises
- Neck pain including whiplash
- Traumatic brain injury
If you can demonstrate your injuries were caused by Papa John’s negligence, you can file a lawsuit for financial compensation. This will help cover expenses you incur due to your injuries including:
- Lost wages if you were temporarily or permanently unable to work after your accident
- Bills for doctor visits, including examinations and treatments
- Costs for diagnostic tests
- Rehabilitation and therapy bills
- Travel expenses
- Emergency room and ambulance fees
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
Slip and Fall Hazards at Papa John’s
Every Georgia business, including Papa John’s, must maintain safe conditions for every person that enters its premises. Companies that fail to do this are liable for injuries that may happen as a result. This is called premises liability.
When Papa John’s does not follow proper standards of cleanliness and maintenance, the following hazards could contribute to a slip and fall accident:
- Wet floors with no barriers or safety signs to protect customers. This could be the result of a leaky roof, spilled soda, or freshly mopped floors.
- Pizza sauce, or other food, dropped onto the floor and not cleaned up quickly.
- Full trash cans overflowing into high-traffic areas.
- Dim lighting if a burned-out lightbulb is not replaced promptly.
Next Steps After A Slip and Fall Accident
In the confusion and chaos that can occur following a slip and fall accident, it may be difficult to think ahead to the possibility of a premises liability claim. There are, however, actions you can take in the moments after your fall to preserve evidence and strengthen your case:
- down the names and phone numbers of people who may have seen you slip and fall and may be able to serve as witnesses.
- Visually inspect the area where you fell, looking for hazards you may not have seen before. Take pictures of the entire area to document these hazards before they are removed.
- Look for security cameras and request a copy of any video that may have caught your slip and fall accident.
- File an incident report with the Papa John’s manager. Obtain a copy of this report for your records.
- Carefully read any documents provided to you by Papa John’s. Do not sign anything until a slip and fall lawyer has had the opportunity to review it for you.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible after your fall to have your injuries documented and treated. Follow all of your doctor’s instructions and show up to all of your appointments. Make sure to save copies of all your medical reports and bills.
- Do not take the blame for your fall either verbally or in writing. Even stating that you fell because you were not paying attention could weaken your case and reduce the amount of compensation you receive.
- Make a note of the date that your slip and fall accident occurred. Under Georgia’s statute of limitations, you have two years from the date of your fall to file your personal injury claim against Papa John’s.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Georgia, call 404-800-4408
Contact John Foy & Associates
For more than 20 years John Foy & Associates has been a trusted and respected law firm serving the residents of Georgia. We have helped thousands of families recover hundreds of millions of dollars for their pain and suffering, let us do the same for you.
Call the slip and fall accident and injury lawyers at John Foy & Associates at 404-260-2412 and schedule your no-risk consultation. Call us day or night and get the Strong Arm.