Baskin-Robbins is an American-based ice cream shop known for its inventive and ever-changing menu of ice cream flavors. The slogan “31 flavors” highlights the fact that you could visit their store every day of the month and try a different ice cream flavor every day.
A slip and fall accident during one of your visits to Baskin-Robbins, however, could leave you with painful injuries. These can range from minor abrasions to severe and long-term damage like broken bones or a traumatic head injury.
The financial burden of medical care and other expenses can add to the stress of these injuries. If Baskin-Robbins neglected to provide you with a safe environment in their store, you may be able to seek financial compensation for the following damages:
- Ambulance transport fees
- Bills for treatment in the emergency room
- Expenses for other medical treatment including:
- Doctor visits
- Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages if you are temporarily or permanently unable to work because of your injuries
Baskin-Robbins and their attorneys will fight to keep you from getting the compensation you deserve, but you don’t have to face this fight alone. Reach out to John Foy & Associates at (404) 400-4000 for a free consultation if you were injured in a Georgia Baskin-Robbins. An associate is now available to take your call.
Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins were brothers-in-law that founded Baskin-Robbins in 1945. What started as two independent ice cream shops eventually merged with a shared goal to offer a wider variety of flavors than the traditional strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream being served by other shops.
In spite of various sales and mergers in the years that followed, the company remained true to this original creative vision. More than 1,300 different ice cream flavors have been served at Baskin-Robbins over the years. Now owned by Dunkin’ Brands, they continue to offer new ice cream flavors each month in nearly 10,000 locations in the U.S. and around the world.
to find a John Foy office near you
Baskin-Robbins Duty to Customers
Every business including Baskin-Robbins is expected to provide safe conditions for customers shopping in their store. This “duty of care” covers the entire premises, both inside the building and outside on the parking lot and sidewalks. Baskin-Robbins could be liable for any injuries that occur on their premises because of unsafe conditions.
To file a successful premises liability claim against Baskin-Robbins after a slip and fall accident, you will need to prove each of the following:
- There was a hazard on the premises that created an unsafe condition. This could include, wet or slippery floors from dropped ice cream or drinks, dim lighting, cracks in the sidewalk, or objects on the floor, or blocking a walkway.
- Employees were aware of the hazard but did nothing to correct it or cordon off the area.
- You did not know about the dangerous conditions caused by the hazard.
- You slipped and fell on Baskin-Robbins premises because of the hazard.
- You sustained injuries from the fall.
Georgia Baskin Robbins Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Preserving Your Right to Compensation
The scene immediately after a slip and fall incident can be confusing and chaotic. You may not know right away whether you will have a case to seek compensation from Baskin-Robbins. There are some actions you can take in the aftermath of your slip and fall accident to create a stronger case if you do eventually file a claim.
- Photograph the scene to document any existing hazards and the lack of warning signs.
- Take photos of visible injuries and visit your doctor for a medical evaluation and treatment. Go to the emergency room or call 911 if your injuries are severe.
- File an official incident report with the manager on duty.
- Do not say or sign anything that admits even partial fault for your fall. Baskin-Robbins and their attorneys will try to prove you were to blame for your fall. This could reduce their liability and would decrease or eliminate your compensation.
- Look for security cameras. If you see security cameras that might have captured video of your fall, ask for a copy of the footage.
- Gather statements from witnesses who saw your fall. Collect their contact information so you and your lawyers can reach out to them later if necessary.
- Hire a slip and fall attorney to help you navigate the legal requirements of a personal injury lawsuit.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Do for You
The experienced slip and fall attorneys at John Foy & Associates are committed to serving people in Georgia who are victims of negligence. We will put our Strong Arm to work for you by:
- Investigating your fall and any contributing negligence on the part of Baskin-Robbins.
- Negotiating on your behalf with Baskin-Robbins and their attorneys.
- Making sure your case meets important legal deadlines like Georgia’s two-year statute of limitations. A judge will not hear your case if you file even one day after this deadline.
Reach out to John Foy & Associates today by calling (404) 400-4000 to discuss your free consultation.