Any time you go into a store or a restaurant like Arby’s you expect to be safe. This is a reasonable assumption because it is the responsibility of every business to make sure there are no dangerous hazards on the premises. This is their “duty of care” to you, their customer.
If Arby’s breaches this responsibility and you slip and fall on their property because of employee negligence, you may be able to sue for financial compensation. Slip and fall injuries can be expensive and emotionally taxing, but you do not have to face these burdens alone.
Contact the slip and fall attorneys at John Foy & Associates to find out how we can help. If you were injured because of a slip and fall accident in a Georgia Arby’s, we will fight for you. Call any time of the day or night at (404) 982-4326.
More About Arby’s
Arby’s has offered roast beef sandwiches as a fast-food alternative to the traditional hamburger since the company began in 1964. Brothers Forrest and Leroy Raffel (Arby’s stands for Raffel Brothers) opened the first Arby’s restaurant in Boardman, Ohio. As more locations were added, Arby’s menu expanded to include other unique offerings like curly fries and the Jamocha shake.
The company was sold and merged with other fast-food companies in the years that followed, and Arby’s is now owned by Inspire Brands with its headquarters outside of Atlanta, Georgia. There are thousands of locations across the U.S. and around the world, with 158 Arby’s stores in Georgia alone.
Arby’s was one of the first quick-service restaurants (QSR) to offer lower-calorie options for its health-conscious customers. In the 1990s the chain introduced a full “lite” menu, with a variety of salads and sandwiches that were less than 300 calories.
In spite of Arby’s commitment to customer health, costly mistakes can happen when employees and management do not properly maintain the property or remove hazards.
to find a John Foy office near you
Arby’s Slip and Fall Hazards
A slip and fall accident can occur if there is a hazard that causes you to lose your footing. Dangerous conditions can happen in any place of business, but some slip and fall hazards are more likely to occur in a fast-food restaurant like Arby’s:
- Food or condiments on the floor
- Overflowing garbage cans
- Fast-food tray dropped in the walkway
- Drinks or ice spilled near the fountain machine
- Dining room chairs left in high-traffic areas
- Damaged carpet or floor mats
Georgia Arbys Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Slip and Fall Injuries
When you lose your footing and fall, you may not notice any injuries at first. The symptoms of your injuries could develop over time, or they may be immediate and severe. If you have serious injuries after your slip and fall accident, go to the nearest emergency room for immediate treatment.
Possible injuries that can occur from a slip and fall accident include:
- Broken or sprained wrist — This is a common slip and fall injury because of the instinct to reach down to break your fall.
- Concussion or other head injuries — You may hit your head on the counter or the floor.
- Neck or back pain — A jolt like what you experience during a fall could cause whiplash or a back injury.
- Cuts or abrasions — You may bleed from these cuts, especially if you have a gash on your head. Do what you can to stop the bleeding as soon as possible.
- Twisted ankle — You could damage your ankle tendons and ligaments if you trip over an object or on damaged flooring or uneven sidewalks.
Slip and Fall Compensation
Slip and fall injuries can be minor, or they can be painful and life-altering. If you are facing mounting medical bills or are unable to work after an accident caused by Arby’s employee negligence, you can request financial compensation from Arby’s through a slip and fall lawsuit.
To strengthen your claim for compensation, take the following steps to gather evidence and document your injuries as soon as possible after your fall:
- Take pictures of the spot where you fell and the surrounding areas. Look for hazards that might have caused your fall and security cameras covering the vicinity.
- Request a copy of the security camera footage.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- See a doctor for additional diagnostic tests and treatment for your injuries.
- File an incident report with the manager on duty.
- Gather names and contact information of witnesses who can corroborate the circumstances surrounding your fall.
Do not admit fault by, for example, saying that you should have been more careful. If Arby’s asks you to sign a statement, read it carefully and contact a slip and fall attorney to look over the document before you agree to anything.
For a free legal consultation with a arbys slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Georgia, call 404-400-4000
Call John Foy & Associates
The slip and fall lawyers at John Foy & Associates have been serving Georgia victims of negligence since 1999. We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case, so there is no risk to you. Call us at (404) 982-4326 today to schedule your free consultation.