After experiencing an injury from a motorcycle accident, you will face significant challenges affecting your physical capabilities, emotional well-being, and financial security. As soon as possible after your accident, consult with a Brookhaven motorcycle accident lawyer from John Foy & Associates.
Your attorney will manage the legal elements of your situation, helping you obtain the maximum compensation so you can move toward restored physical, emotional, and financial health.
What You Should Do After Your Motorcycle Accident
Your first order of business is to seek medical attention. It is often best to call for emergency services so you do not cause further injury to yourself.
If possible, you or your companions should collect photo and video evidence from the scene of the accident and of your injuries, along with witness contact information.
Then, call a motorcycle accident lawyer in Brookhaven for a consultation. With John Foy & Associates, your consultation is free, and you will not pay any fees until you have won a settlement.
to find a John Foy office near you
Why You Need a Brookhaven Motorcycle Accident Attorney
After your motorcycle accident, you will likely be in physical pain and may experience anxiety or depression from the trauma of the accident. Navigating the legal system and negotiating with insurance companies are difficult tasks when you feel your best.
In your injured and vulnerable state, your best option is to have a skilled lawyer from the “Strong Arm of Georgia” take your case through the process and stand firm against insurance companies who may try to offer you low-ball settlements or even use unethical means to avoid paying compensation.
Brookhaven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Determining Who Is at Fault for a Motorcycle Accident
According to the Georgia Motorcycle Traffic Safety Fact Sheet, the Atlanta metro area sees more motorcycle accidents than most other parts of the state. The most recent data shows that 42% of Georgia motorcycle crashes happened in the Atlanta region. In many cases, the fault is with the driver of a vehicle who is
- Driving while distracted
- Driving under the influence
- Driving recklessly
- Ignoring rules of the road
If the accident is the result of a malfunctioning or defective vehicle, vehicle manufacturers may be at fault. If damaged roads or roadway lighting, poorly maintained road signs or traffic signals contributed to the accident, the related government offices may be held responsible. Your attorney from John Foy & Associates is fully prepared to determine accountability and file for compensation.
Your Lawyer Knows What Is Required to Prove Negligence
Proving negligence involves four elements:
- Duty of Care: You must prove the defendant is obligated to refrain from behaviors that would cause you harm. Drivers owe all other drivers on the road a duty of care to drive responsibly and follow traffic laws.
- Breach of Duty: You must prove the defendant’s failure to fulfill their duty of care. If the other driver was distracted, drunk, or speeding at the time of your accident, such behavior represents a breach.
- Causation: You must prove the defendant’s breach of duty of care caused the accident.
- Damages: You must prove that your life has been seriously altered by the effects of the accident, whether through physical injuries, financial losses, emotional trauma, or other consequences.
Your lawyer from John Foy & Associates knows how to build your case so you can prove negligence and hold those responsible for your injuries accountable.
Your Lawyer Understands the Legal Process and Georgia’s Negligence Laws
Under the Georgia statute of limitations, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim. It is best to file your claim quickly, but not if that means you will file a weak or haphazard claim. Your motorcycle injury attorney in Brookhaven has the expertise to file your claim promptly, without missing important details.
Your lawyer also understands how Georgia’s modified comparative negligence laws. Under this system, damages are awarded in proportion to fault. If you are 10% responsible for the accident, you collect 90% (a 10% reduction) of the full settlement. If the plaintiff (you) is found to be more than 49% at fault for the accident, you cannot recover any damages.
It is no surprise that insurance companies or other parties responsible will work hard to put the brunt of the fault on you. With a Brookhaven motorcycle accident lawyer fighting for you, those parties will not get away with discrediting you or with any other unfair practices.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Brookhaven, call 404-400-4000
How a Motorcycle Injury Can Affect You
The Georgia Motorcycle Traffic Safety Fact Sheet shows over 700 motorcyclists experienced suspected serious injuries, over 2000 required emergency transport to a medical facility, and over 1400 patients in Georgia’s trauma centers were receiving treatment for motorcycle-accident-related conditions for the most recent year of data collection.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcycle riders have less protection than other motor vehicle operators, accidents usually result in some sort of injury, including
- Broken or fractured bones
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concussion and/or trauma to the brain
- Internal bleeding or damage to internal organs
- Lacerations or amputations
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Do not dismiss your injury as minor. Road rash can become infected, and the effects of some brain injuries present gradually, so it is always best to seek medical care to avoid worsening your condition.
Damages Your Brookhaven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Seek
Getting back on your feet, both physically and financially, after your accident will be challenging. Your Brookhaven motorcycle accident lawyer from John Foy & Associates will help you through the challenges by fighting for a maximum settlement to cover:
- Medical care, which may be continuous, and other medical expenses
- Property restoration for property damaged in the accident
- Restoration of wages lost due to missed work and recovery of future earnings if you can no longer work
- Financial acknowledgment of the pain and suffering you experienced from the accident and injuries
- Death benefits. If your loved one was killed in the accident, your attorney can sue for coverage of end-of-life expenses.
Consult with a Brookhaven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, they need to provide compensation for those injuries and the life changes you’ve experienced. Contact a Brookhaven motorcycle accident attorney from John Foy & Associates today. Your expert lawyer will not settle for less than you deserve.
Call or text 404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form