You never walk into a sub restaurant like Jersey Mike’s thinking you’re going to get injured. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents (and other injury accidents) can happen anywhere—including at food places. If you were hurt at one of these stores, you need to know your legal rights. A Jersey Mike’s slip and fall accident and injury lawyer in Georgia may be able to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait to get help with your injury claim. The store may have been more negligent in your accident than you think. Talk to one of our experienced and compassionate slip and fall accident lawyers at John Foy & Associates for FREE today. Call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Jersey Mike’s and Slip and Fall Accidents in Georgia
Jersey Mike’s is a submarine sandwich chain that began in Manasquan, New Jersey in 1956. The current SEO, Peter Cancro, was 17 when he purchased the business. Jersey Mike’s locations serve made-to-order sub sandwiches and are found in various states throughout the United States.
As harmless as a fast food place like Jersey Mike’s might seem, there are various hazards that may lead to injuries. If managers and employees are diligent in watching for potential hazards and cleaning them up within a reasonable amount of time, the store may be liable for resulting injuries. If you can show that the store was negligent, you may have a case for compensation.
Injuries That Can Occur from Slip and Fall Accidents at Jersey Mike’s
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by spilled food or drink items, water, grease, or ice on the floors, uneven flooring, curled up rugs, and so much more. It’s no wonder slip and fall accidents produce some of the most common injuries that occur in the food industry.
When someone slips and falls in a store like Jersey Mike’s, they can face injuries like:
- Broken arms, wrists, legs, ankles, or other broken bones
- Sprains or strains
- Concussions or other head injuries
- Dislocated shoulders
- Cuts and bruises
- Damaged knees
- Nerve or spinal damage
Slip and fall accidents can leave victims with all types of accidents. No matter how you were injured or what injuries you suffered, the store may be liable.
Jersey’s Mike’s Duty of Care in Georgia
All businesses in Georgia have a duty to exercise ordinary care in keeping their premises safe, according to Georgia Code section 51-3-1. If they breach that duty and it leads to injuries, the store is liable for the damages.
Damages you might face from a slip and fall accident in a Jersey Mike’s store include:
- Doctor bills
- Hospital bills
- Tests, surgeries, and other procedures
- Prescription medications
- Travel to and from doctor appointments
- Lost wages from missed work time
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering damages
Under Georgia law, you should not have to pay for costs that weren’t your fault. However, the burden is still on you to file an insurance claim against the store, prove negligence, and demonstrate your damages.
What You Need to File an Injury Claim Against Jersey Mike’s in Georgia
To have a valid claim, you will need to show that the employees at Jersey Mike’s were negligent. To be negligent in a slip and fall injury claim, a store must have failed to recognize and fix a slip and fall hazard within a “reasonable” amount of time. This is not always easy to prove, so you’ll need to consider:
- Whether or not the dangerous condition that caused your fall was present long enough for the store to have reasonably removed it
- Whether or not Jersey Mike’s employees had a process for regularly checking for potential hazards (and if there is any record or log of this process)
- Whether or not the creation of the dangerous condition was justified
- If store employees could have made the dangerous condition less hazardous through methods like moving it to a better location or blocking it off
- Whether or not limited visibility or poor lighting played a part in the cause of your accident
These considerations will help you demonstrate the store’s negligence and liability for your injuries. You might need additional evidence at the scene to back up your claim, such as store video surveillance footage, pictures from the scene, and more. A Jersey Mike’s slip and fall accident and injury lawyer in Georgia can help you obtain this kind of information.
Gathering Proof of Your Damages
Besides proving liability, you will need to show the damages that you face because of the accident. This includes:
- Seeing a doctor as soon as possible after your slip and fall accident
- Keeping track of all medical bills, receipts, and past pay stubs
- taking pictures of your injuries, the accident scene, and the hazard that caused your fall
- Keeping a diary of how the accident happened and how it has affected your day-to-day life
An experienced lawyer can advise you on the most important pieces of evidence to gather for your case. They can also help calculate the full value of your damages so you know how much money to seek as a settlement from the store’s insurance company.
You’ll also want a lawyer on your side from the beginning, as the insurance company will likely offer a lowball settlement. Your lawyer will be there to communicate and negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement amount that you actually deserve.
Talk to a Jersey Mike’s Slip and Fall Accident and Injury Lawyer in Georgia for Free Today
Seeking a fair settlement from a chain restaurant like Jersey Mike’s is not easy—but it’s entirely possible. Don’t suffer through the aftermath of your accident alone. At John Foy & Associates, we can stand by you every step of the way and fight for the compensation you deserve.