Going into one of Chick-Fil-A’s 254 Georgia locations to buy one of its signature boneless breaded chicken breast sandwiches you do not expect to get hurt. If the floors are wet or damaged, you could slip and fall and suffer serious injuries.
If you suffer a Chick-Fil-A slip and fall accident contact John Foy & Associates at (404) 400-4000 for a free consultation. We will review your case and determine if you are eligible to recover financial compensation from Chick-Fil-A.
More About Chick-Fil-A
Chick-Fil-A is an Atlanta-based quick-service restaurant chain founded in Georgia in 1964. The first Chick-Fil-A restaurant opened in 1967 in the Greenbrier Mall in the Atlanta suburbs. The company now has more than 2,400 restaurants in 47 states.
to find a John Foy office near you
Elements of a Valid Premises Liability Claim
If you slip and fall in a Chick-Fil-A restaurant, you could sustain serious and expensive injuries. Every business must ensure safe conditions on their premises, and Chick-Fil-A may be held liable for damages if they fail to fulfill this duty of care.
You may choose to sue Chick-Fil-A for compensation through a premises liability claim if the following conditions are true in your case:
- There was a hazardous condition on Chick-Fil-A property. This could be anywhere customers are present including:
- the dining and condiment areas.
- at the counter.
- by the soda fountain machine.
- the restrooms.
- outside the building on walkways or parking lots.
- Chick-Fil-A employees or management knew about the hazard
- Nothing was done to remove the hazard, block off the area, or warn customers to be careful
- You were not aware of the hazard
- The hazard caused your fall
- You were injured by your fall
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Injuries Caused by a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident can bruise more than just your ego. Physical injuries may be obvious immediately after your fall or they could develop in the days or weeks that follow.
Slip and fall accidents can potentially result in the following:
- Sprained ankle
- Broken arm or wrist
- Bruised or broken ribs
- Head injury
- Lacerations and bleeding
- Back pain
- Spinal cord damage
- Whiplash injury
You should see a doctor as soon as possible after your fall to evaluate your injuries and begin treatment. Keep track of medical expenses associated with your diagnosis and treatment, and document lost wages from time you have to take off work because of your injuries. These losses will be calculated to help you determine how much to ask for in compensation.
Slip and Fall Hazards at Chick-Fil-A
The following hazardous conditions could lead to a Chick-Fil-A slip and fall accident:
- Fried or grilled chicken and their accompanying sauces can create slippery conditions if dropped on the floor.
- Customers carry their food to the dining area using a plastic tray. If one of these trays ends up on the floor and is not promptly picked up, you could step on it and lose your footing.
- Wet floors caused by:
- Cleaning and mopping
- Ice or liquids from the soda fountain machines or spilled by other customers
- Rain-soaked shoes or umbrellas
- Objects like food containers, uneven floor mats, or chairs left in a walkway
- Inadequate lighting and burned-out lightbulbs
These hazards are bound to occur from time to time in a busy restaurant like Chick-Fil-A, but they must be addressed promptly for the premises to remain safe for customers. Chick-Fil-A could be found negligent if its employees and management ignore protocols like placing safety signs on freshly mopped floors.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Georgia, call 404-400-4000
When You Slip and Fall
If your injuries require immediate medical attention, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room for treatment. Taking care of your health should be your top priority.
In some cases, you may be able to remain on the scene after your Chick-Fil-A slip and fall accident. If you can, take the following steps to gather evidence and prepare for potential litigation:
- Note whether the restaurant has security cameras mounted on the wall or ceiling in the area where you fell. If so, ask for a copy of the video footage.
- Talk to other customers in the vicinity and ask if they saw your fall. Write down their names and phone numbers in case they can serve as witnesses in your case.
- Photograph the area of the store where you fell, including any hazards that could have caused your fall. This should be done as soon as possible before the hazard is removed
- If you have visible injuries, make sure to photograph them soon after your fall.
- Refrain from saying the fall was your fault or you should have stepped more carefully. This could reduce the amount of compensation you receive.
- Note the date of your fall, because under Georgia statute of limitations you have exactly two years after this date to file your slip and fall lawsuit.
- If Chick-Fil-A asks you to sign any paperwork, read it over carefully. You may also want to consider hiring an attorney to review the document. He or she can make sure you do not sign anything that will weaken your case.
Reach out to John Foy & Associates
The slip and fall attorneys of John Foy & Associates are dedicated to serving victims of negligence in Georgia. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve for your slip and fall injuries. Call us at (404) 400-4000 today to schedule your risk-free consultation.
John Foy & Associates has been fighting and winning for more than 20 years, and we will fight for you.