Getting into a car accident is never a fun experience. It often happens at the worst time — and painful injuries or expenses are the last thing you want to deal with. In Suwanee, an auto accident can leave you with high medical bills or costly damage to your vehicle. And some can have long-term consequences, even if they seem minor at first. This is why it’s good to have the law on your side by speaking with a car accident lawyer in Suwanee.
John Foy & Associates are ready to ease your burden after a car accident. We bring more than 20 years of experience to every case, and we work exclusively on behalf of accident victims. Our number one goal is to get you the money you deserve so you can recover from damages suffered during the car accident. And we’d like to offer you a FREE consultation today. Call us at 404-400-4000 or simply fill out the form to the right and we’ll talk with you about your claim.
4 Things Most People Don’t Know About Car Accident Claims
Following a car accident, knowledge is important. Here are four things most people don’t consider about car accidents in Suwanee.
- Insurance companies aren’t always on your side
It would be nice if car insurance companies had your best interests in mind after a car accident. Unfortunately, that’s often not the case, even if you weren’t at fault. We’ve seen insurance companies use a variety of tactics to make a profit by paying out as little as possible in automobile accident claims.
Here are some examples of what insurance companies can do:
- Argue against your injuries and try to claim they’re less extreme than you say (even if you have a doctor’s report).
- Use any positive things you say about an injury or the experience against you.
- Delay payment for many months, hoping you’ll feel pressured to accept a lower offer to pay for increasing medical bills while you wait.
- Offer you quick cash for the accident. This might seem like a good thing, but it doesn’t give you time to asses the full cost of damage or injuries, meaning you’re left with less than you deserve.
These tactics are very hard to fight or understand without the help of a lawyer on your side.
- It’s rarely “nobody’s fault.”
Car accident victims are prone to blaming themselves or assuming the accident wasn’t anyone’s fault. But usually, accidents occur because somebody wasn’t fully attentive or obeying traffic laws while driving. This means they (or their insurance company) is legally responsible for compensating your losses.
Even if the person at fault is uninsured or it was a hit and run, you may still be able to recover money in the case.
- Your car accident claim has a deadline.
For this reason, it’s really in your best interest to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. Waiting for too long could rob you of the chance for a financial claim.
- You may be able to recover more than you think.
There are a number of ways you can suffer financial loss after a car accident in Suwanee. If you have medical costs, such as doctor bills or prescriptions, car repairs, or you lose money from time off work, you can probably recover costs for it.
That’s not to mention more serious injuries, such as loss of a loved one, serious pain, or disabilities from an accident, which may make you eligible for a much larger sum. Nothing can completely make up for the pain or suffering you endure from an accident, but receiving financial relief you deserve can help make the road to recovery easier.
to find a John Foy office near you
What are the most common injuries in a car accident?
Injuries suffered by victims of car accidents can range from minor to severe, and all are valid reasons to seek compensation. Some of the most common injuries we see include:
- Neck and back injuries like whiplash (especially in rear-end accidents), sprain or strains, or herniated discs
- Head or brain injuries like concussions, lacerations, skull fractures, or traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones, especially in the arms and torso
- Leg or knee injuries and other painful joint injuries
- Spinal injuries, which can cause loss of feeling or movement in the lower areas of the body
- Burn injuries, which can vary in severity but may result in scarring or necessary skin grafts
- Soft tissue injuries to muscles, ligaments, or tendons
Suwanee Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Do I need to go to the doctor after a car accident?
Yes! Going to the doctor is one of the most important things you should do after an automobile accident—even if your injuries are minor or you don’t think you need to get checked out. In case you have injuries that are more serious than they seem at first, the best option is immediate treatment.
If you aren’t taken to an emergency room directly from the accident scene, a good choice is heading to a walk-in urgent care clinic right away. This will ensure you get checked for any issues you don’t notice right away, such as a concussion, which can be dangerous if not treated promptly. In addition, whiplash is a common injury that tends to have more pain the following day.
Seeing a doctor can minimize your pain and provide you with a clearer head as you deal with the accident aftermath.
Talk to a Suwanee Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Car accidents can leave you feeling blindsided and unsure of where to turn next. Don’t suffer alone. At John Foy & Associates, we’re here to help you get back on your feet and figure out the best next steps. That’s why we offer a FREE, no-risk consultation. We charge nothing unless you get the money! So give us a call today at 404-400-4000 or complete the form to the right to get started with your free consultation.