If you or someone you love has been hurt in a Lithonia car accident, you need to talk to a lawyer. Even seemingly minor injuries can end up costing far more than you expect, and the insurance company will not want to pay you the full amount you need. More serious accidents can result in medical bills totaling tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. A good Lithonia car accident lawyer can help you get the financial settlement you deserve.
John Foy & Associates can help. For over 20 years we have been helping the victims of car accidents and their families, and we’ve become one of the most respected law firms in Georgia. We’ve built up this reputation by always putting clients’ needs first. We work exclusively for the victims of accidents, never for the insurance companies. Let us help you. When you call we will give you a free consultation to discuss your case and your legal options. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get a free consultation today.
What should I do if I was injured in a car accident in Lithonia?
The best thing you can do is to start looking out for your rights from the beginning. Even at the scene of the accident, there are basic steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Take photos. Get pictures or a video of the damage to the cars and the overall scene of the accident. This footage can serve as evidence later on.
- Don’t pretend you aren’t hurt. Many accident victims will put on a brave face and downplay their injuries. Others don’t fully feel the pain at first because of the adrenaline. But you could still have a serious injury. Don’t tell anyone you’re “fine” until you see a doctor.
- Speak to witnesses. Anyone who saw the accident could prove to be a valuable witness later on. Talk to bystanders and ask for their contact information if they saw the accident.
- Always call 911. In many accidents, one driver will say, “Let’s work this out between you and me.” This is always a bad idea. If you don’t call the police, you have no official accident report of what happened and it’s very hard to initiate an insurance claim. Call 911 and wait for police to arrive.
Most importantly, talk to a lawyer right away. Never sign something from the insurance company unless you have spoken to a legal professional.
to find a John Foy office near you
What can a Lithonia car accident lawyer do for me?
Your lawyer is your ally and will deal with the insurance company for you. Insurance companies do not want to pay out your claim, even if you were badly injured, and when they do pay they want to give you as little as possible. Their only concern is their bottom line.
Some of the tactics we’ve seen insurance companies use include:
- Rushing you to sign paperwork before you’ve gotten full treatment for your injuries
- Delaying your claim to put financial pressure on you
- Calling with confusing or misleading questions and then using your answers against you
- Referring you to a doctor who you don’t feel has your best interests at heart
Every insurance company has a team of lawyers. Their job is to use the law to pay you as little as they can, even if it doesn’t cover your medical costs. When you have a lawyer of your own, you even the odds. It’s very difficult to negotiate with insurers without a lawyer.
Lithonia Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
What damages could I recover after a car accident in Lithonia?
In the City of Lithonia, you can recover up to 100% of all the costs related to your accident. This could include:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Any lost wages caused by missing work
- Car repairs
You could also be awarded a substantial amount of money if you suffered a serious loss like a disability or severe physical pain. This extra money cannot make up for what happened to you, nor can it reverse it. But it can help reduce the financial impact and grant you stability and peace of mind as you move forward.
How do I know if I have a valid claim?
The best way is to talk to a lawyer. An experienced lawyer will have worked on car accident cases like yours before, possibly dozens of times or more. They will have a clear sense of how strong your claim is and how likely you are to win.
As a general rule, however, if you were hurt in an accident and it was not your fault, or not entirely your fault, you have a claim. Some types of accidents we have successfully represented include:
- Head on crashes
- Rear end accidents
- Whiplash cases
- Accidents involving faulty tires
- Drunk driving/distracted driving accidents
- Hit and run
- Uninsured motorists
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Lithonia, call 404-800-4408
Do I have to go to court?
Not usually. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate, or will not offer a reasonable amount for the costs you face, we may recommend bringing your case all the way to the local courts. If this happens we will represent you every step of the way and make the process as easy as possible.
However, most car accident cases are resolved with a settlement—an out-of-court agreement. This is our goal in nearly every case. We will start out by investigating your accident and getting you the best medical diagnosis possible. We’ll then document all expenses to get you back to the best possible health, and put this case in front of the insurer. Often, we can drive them to the bargaining table and get you a larger recovery on the spot.
What is the deadline for filing my car accident claim in Lithonia?
Lithonia courts use deadlines known as statutes of limitations, which are set by state and federal law. These deadlines are strict: if you miss one, you lose your right to recover any money at all. But the exact deadline will depend on the specifics of your case. There are cases that have up to two years, and others that have only weeks. These deadlines are why it’s so important to talk to a lawyer immediately.
Speak to a Lithonia Car Accident Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates was founded for one reason: to help the victims of accidents. When you call us we will give you a free consultation wherever is most convenient for you. We’ll help you understand your case, your legal rights, and what the law says—with no obligation. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.