If you or someone you care about got hurt in a car accident in Stockbridge, speaking to an experienced lawyer right away is essential. Even when an injury seems minor, it can become a more serious condition, leading to years of pain and ongoing medical treatment. Don’t pay for an accident that someone else caused.
The car accident lawyers in Stockbridge at John Foy & Associates have been protecting the rights of car accident victims for more than 20 years. Our goal is to help you heal as completely as possible from your accident by getting you enough money to pay for the care and treatment you need.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Lawyer?
Many people assume that if they have an accident, the insurance company will provide compensation without issue. However, insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and they’ll put their own profits ahead of your well-being. Therefore, it’s in their interest to pay you as little as possible with several tactics:
- They phone you and seem concerned about your well-being. But anything you say may be used against you when they evaluate your claim.
- They offer you cash as soon as you report your accident before you’ve had a chance to be thoroughly examined by doctors. If you accept their settlement, you give up your right to any additional money.
- They delay processing your claim for months. They hope that you’ll get tired of waiting or get desperate enough to accept whatever they finally offer you.
- Sometimes, insurance companies blame you, even though you didn’t cause the accident. Or they claim that your injuries are less severe than they indeed are.
Without a lawyer, it’s hard to fight your insurance company. Unfortunately, insurance companies have plenty of attorneys, and they know that most accident victims can’t effectively represent themselves in a complicated legal claim.
When you hire a lawyer, you put yourself on an equal footing with the insurance company. Many accident victims get better offers from their insurance companies simply because they have a lawyer on their side.
Get the strong arm
What Will Your Stockbridge Car Accident Lawyers Do for Me?
Our Stockbridge car accident lawyers do more than just give you legal advice. We can handle the entirety of your claim or trial for you so that you can focus on recovering from your accident. In addition, we will help you win against the insurance company by:
- Gathering critical evidence that supports your claim
- Consulting with experts in various fields to provide supporting testimony
- Get the statements of witnesses to your accident
- Help you find good medical care
- Ensuring that all the legal work required with filing a claim gets completed
- Handling all communications with other parties
- Representing you and your best interests at all times throughout negotiations or at trial
We want to see you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your car accident in Stockbridge. Our lawyers are dedicated, experienced, and have the resources necessary to level the playing field against insurance companies. Don’t let them cheat you out of getting the settlement you rightfully deserve.
What Damages Can I Pursue After My Car Accident?
Your insurance claim may cover almost every expense caused by your car accident. The most common expenses include:
- The cost of medical treatment, including doctors and hospitals
- Prescription drugs
- The cost of fixing your automobile
- Compensation for the time you were away from work because of your accident
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
- Disfigurement or disability
Of course, money can never fully compensate you for a permanent injury or death, but it can help minimize your financial stress. We hope that holding the negligent driver accountable for their actions can help you find closure and that the financial reward you receive in your settlement helps you move forward from your accident.
How Much Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Worth in Stockbridge?
The average car accident settlement is generally worth several thousands of dollars. How much your car accident in Stockbridge will get in compensation depends on the severity of your damages and the unique circumstances surrounding your case. No two car accidents are the same, and there are many variables involved in calculating a settlement.
You don’t have to worry about your settlement value with our lawyers. We will always strive to pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible. Our primary goal is to get you the funds you need after the accident. We use various formulas and consider the entirety of your accident when doing calculations. We won’t leave any damages out or undervalue anything.
How do I Know If I Have a Strong Case?
It’s a mistake to try to evaluate your car accident claim yourself. Always consult with a car accident lawyer in Stockbridge before you decide whether your claim is worth pursuing. It’s common for car accident victims to think they were partly at fault or decide that the accident was just the result of chance or coincidence.
In Georgia, car accidents fall under the comparative negligence rule as outlined in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) § 51-12-33. To file a claim, you need to prove negligence and show that you were less than 50% responsible for your accident. Proving negligence isn’t easy, but we have successfully handled car accident claims that resulted from:
- Cars colliding with each other head-on
- One car rear-ending another
- “T-bone” collisions
- Hazardous driving conditions such as fog or ice
- A driver being distracted
- Driving while intoxicated
- Tires that were defectively made
- Neck injuries such as whiplash
We may even be able to recover money in cases where the other driver fled the scene or did not have auto insurance. Remember, it doesn’t matter how your accident occurred or what type of injuries you suffered from. As long as a negligent party was a part of your accident, you have the legal right to file a claim. We will help you prove your case.
Will My Claim Go to Court?
The vast majority of the accident victims we represent reach a satisfactory settlement with their insurance company. But if your insurance company is unwilling to negotiate, your best alternative might be the local courts. Before pursuing that option, we will advise you on your chances of winning at trial, and you will have a chance to decide whether you want to move forward.
If your case does go to court, you can rest assured that we will take care of everything. Usually, however, we can negotiate a settlement by presenting a strong case to the insurance company on your behalf. When you hire us, we will investigate your accident ourselves, looking at police reports, testimony from eyewitnesses, and doctors’ expert opinions.
We will build a story showing how your accident occurred and what kind of treatment and care you’ll need in the future. In many cases, this is enough to convince the insurance company to propose a settlement that will compensate you fairly.
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Stockbridge Car Accident Lawyer?
At John Foy & Associates, our Stockbridge car accident attorneys don’t charge you upfront for our services. You only pay if we can win money for you.
- Consultations cost you nothing
- There are no upfront fees
- If we don’t recover any money on your behalf, we simply don’t get paid
If we do reach a settlement or win your case at trial, we will keep a percentage of your recovery as our fee. Everything else is yours. We like this system because it allows you to get good legal representation without any financial risk.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Stockbridge
In general, OCGA § 9-3-33 gives you two years to file your car accident claim. However, in some instances, you only have a few weeks after the accident occurs. If you miss the deadline to file a claim, you will probably be unable to recover any money at all. To avoid this, it’s critical to speak to a qualified lawyer right away.
Talk to a Stockbridge Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Car accidents – even minor ones – can be traumatic. John Foy & Associates has been helping accident victims get the money they need to heal from their injuries for over 20 years.
Contact our Stockbridge car accident lawyers for a free consultation and find out how we can help you too. Call us at (404) 400-4000 or fill out our form and schedule an appointment at no risk or obligation to you.