Charles E. Johnson III ("Trip")Attorney
Charles E. Johnson, III (“Trip”) joined Foy & Associates in 2014. His practice focuses exclusively on the most serious personal injury claims on behalf of the firm. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Rhodes College in 1988. Since graduating from Emory University School of Law in 1991, Trip’s practice has been focused primarily on personal injury litigation for both plaintiff and defense.
After beginning his career with a small firm in Macon, Georgia, Trip served as in-house counsel for Travelers Insurance Company, St. Paul Insurance Company, and Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. He has also used his insurance defense knowledge and experience to represent many injured plaintiffs throughout his career.
Trip has been admitted to all Georgia state trial and appellate courts, U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Trip obtained a $7.7 million jury verdict in the State Court of Fulton County in 2017 resulting from a motorcyclist’s death. The case was featured on the front page of the Fulton County Daily Report. In September 2022, Trip obtained a $5 million jury verdict in Fulton County Superior Court against MARTA as a result of his client’s collision with a MARTA bus in Atlanta, Georgia.
In the Media
- The Verdict – Full Article (spring, 2018): Who Really Loses When Medical Funding Becomes an Issue at Trial?
- Fulton County Daily Report Front Page Article (September 25, 2017): Fulton Jury Awards 7.7M in Motorcyclist’s Fatal Wreck
- Georgia State Bar, 1991
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1992
- Georgia Supreme Court, 1993
- USDC Middle District GA, 1991
- USDC Norther District GA, 2001
- All State Trial
- Rhodes College, BA, 1988
- Political Science
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 1991
As Featured In:
CONTACT US NOW!
- 3343 Peachtree Rd NE #350,
Atlanta, GA 30326
- (404) 400-4000