Job-related accidents, injuries, and illnesses can impact workers in any occupation. Unfortunately, these can leave you unable to work or perform specific tasks required on your job while facing a mountain of medical expenses. Workers’ compensation provides a lifeline in this situation. At John Foy & Associates, our job is to ensure you get the maximum amount of benefits you deserve.
Our Doraville workers’ compensation lawyers provide the fierce and effective legal representation needed when your claim is denied or delayed. In our 20 years of experience working in the community, we have recovered over $1 billion for clients. Known as The Strong Arm in Georgia, our results show a track record of big wins. Find out how we can help you. Call or contact our office online and schedule a free consultation today.
We Protect the Rights of Injured Workers in Doraville
You rely on your job to provide a sense of satisfaction and the income you need to support yourself and your family. Unfortunately, when on-the-job accidents happen, the results can be devastating. You may be unable to work now and for years into the future while also facing the need for costly and ongoing medical care. At John Foy & Associates, we are here to help.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), close to 80,000 workers are injured on the job in Georgia each year. When this happens to you or someone you care about, you can count on our workers’ compensation lawyers in Doraville to protect your rights.
We help you get the maximum amount of benefits you are entitled to. Common causes of work-related injuries and occupational illnesses in cases we handle include:
- Slips, trips, and falls from heights
- Getting struck by or against machinery or other equipment
- Work-related vehicle transportation accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Overuse and overexertion
- Acts of violence
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and hazardous substances
to find a John Foy office near you
Common Causes of On-the-Job Injuries in Doraville
Among the top industries in the City of Doraville include construction, manufacturing, transportation, retail services, and public safety administration. These types of jobs carry high risks for injuries, but accidents can happen in any occupation.
When they do, reach out to our Doraville workers’ compensation lawyer at John Foy & Associates. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. Common types of occupational injuries suffered by clients in cases we handle include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as damage to vertebrae or herniated discs
- Broken bones, which may involve multiple fractures
- Burn injuries, causing permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Crushing injuries, causing loss of limbs and damage to internal organs
- Cuts and laceration, resulting in infections and amputation of body parts
- Head injuries, which can cause lasting physical, emotional, and cognitive impairments
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon sprains, strains, or tears
- Spinal cord injuries, causing permanent paralysis
In addition to physical injuries, workers may suffer illnesses as well. For example, asthma and other respiratory conditions, certain types of cancer, and heart disease are all common and may entitle you to workers’ compensation benefits.
Doraville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Your Right to Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Doraville
Workers’ compensation is a national program administered on the state level. It acts as a form of insurance, protecting injured workers from lost wages and having to pay out-of-pocket for medical care. In Georgia, benefits are processed through the State Board of Workers’ Compensation.
When an on-the-job accident happens or you are diagnosed with an occupational illness, you have the right to file a claim. To protect your rights, notify your employer immediately, make sure to have your condition documented by a doctor, and follow all of their instructions regarding work and activity restrictions. Common types of benefits available through workers’ compensation include:
- Coverage of medical expenses associated with your condition
- Reimbursement for lost wages during the recovery period
- Compensation for any permanent disabilities you suffer
- Job retraining programs, if you are unable to return to your prior occupation
Sadly, the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) reports that job-related injuries and illnesses prove fatal for an average of 200 workers throughout the state each year. In these cases, workers’ compensation benefits in Doraville can cover funeral costs and make sure that family members are provided for in the future.
Why You Need an Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Doraville
While workers’ compensation benefits in Doraville are available to many employees, getting your claim approved is often challenging. Your employer may balk at submitting a claim, or the workers’ compensation board may dispute either how your injuries happened or the severity of your condition.
To make sure you get the maximum amount of benefits you are entitled to in the least amount of waiting time possible, get a workers’ compensation lawyer on your side. Acting as a strong legal advocate on your behalf, we can take the following actions:
- Communicate with your employer to ensure your claim is filed correctly
- Make sure your claim contains all required supporting documents
- Communicate with the state board to ensure your claim is processed promptly
- Review any request for additional information you receive
- Examine the causes if you currently have a denied or delayed workers’ compensation claim
- File an appeal on your behalf and take your case to court, if needed
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Doraville, call 404-400-4000
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Doraville Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
Workers’ compensation benefits can provide a lifeline for you and your family when work-related injuries and occupational illnesses happen. For help in getting the maximum amount of benefits you are entitled to, reach out to John Foy & Associates.
As The Strong Arm in Georgia, you can count on us to provide the professional legal representation and superior client care you deserve. We get big wins, and you pay nothing unless we win for you. You have just a short amount of time to file a claim, so do not delay. Call or contact our workers’ compensation lawyers online today to schedule a free consultation.
Call or text 404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form