Drunk driving accidents in Doraville have a devastating impact on victims and their families. Due to the reckless and illegal actions of other motorists, you could suffer severe, potentially life-threatening personal injuries that impact your health and financial security for years to come. At John Foy & Associates, we hold drunk drivers accountable.
Known as The Strong Arm throughout Georgia, you can count on our Doraville car accident lawyer to provide the fierce, aggressive legal representation you need in this situation. We make drunk drivers pay for the harm they cause, with case results showing over $1 billion recovered over the past 20 years. Give us a call or contact our office online and request a free consultation today to get us fighting on your side.
Get Trusted Legal Guidance from a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Doraville
A John Foy & Associates, we represent clients injured in drunk driving accidents in Doraville. You can count on us for the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim against the at-fault driver involved. A Doraville personal injury lawyer represents clients who have been in the following types of crashes:
- Drunk driving car accidents, impacting both drivers and their passengers
- Drunk driving motorcycle accidents, one of the most potentially deadly types of crashes
- Drunk driving pedestrian accidents, which often impact victims while walking at night or in the early morning hours
- Drunk driving bicycle accidents, which often result in life-threatening injuries
- Drunk driving accidents involving buses and other types of public transit, for which both the driver and the company they work for can be held responsible
Get the strong arm
The Effects of Drunk Driving in Doraville
Being under the influence of even small amounts of alcohol or drugs impacts your driving abilities and increases potential dangers for you and others on the road. Common effects of drunk driving in Doraville include:
- Decreased visibility makes it harder to see the road and other motorists around you.
- Impaired reflexes make it harder to respond to sudden changes in road, weather, or traffic conditions.
- Lack of coordination makes it challenging to perform the various tasks associated with driving.
- Lack of proper judgment and reasoning makes drunk drivers less aware of the danger they pose themselves and others.
Despite increased public awareness regarding the potential dangers of drunk driving, the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety reports that it continues to be one of the most common causes of car accidents in Dekalb County. It is responsible for roughly 25 percent of all fatal collisions, claiming the lives of more than 20 people each year and leaving hundreds of other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and cyclists with severe personal injuries. If you or a family member is hurt in this type of crash, reach out to our Doraville drunk driving accident attorney right away.
A Doraville Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Holds Those Liable Accountable for Your Damages
Under the Georgia Code (O.C.G.A. §40-6-391), driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08 or greater is illegal. Drivers can also be charged if they appear visibly impaired due to being under the influence of any amount of alcohol, illegal ‘street’ drugs, or medications. In Georgia, criminal penalties for DUI include heavy fines, an automatic driver’s license suspension, and a potential jail sentence upon conviction. Drivers can also face civil liability for any injuries they cause others.
Regardless of whether any criminal charges are filed in your case, John Foy & Associates can help you hold drunk drivers in Doraville accountable for the harm they cause you and your family members. If they have insurance coverage in place, we can represent you in filing a claim. A drunk driving accident attorney in Doraville aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf to get you the maximum amount in a settlement.
What if the Driver Is Uninsured?
If the driver is uninsured, underinsured, or your claim is disputed, as often happens in drunk driving accident cases, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them and anyone else involved. The compensation you may be entitled to in a drunk driving lawsuit filed through the DeKalb County Civil Court includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs associated with a drunk driving accident in Doraville, including property damages, current and future medical expenses, and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for pain, suffering, mental anguish, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life.
- Punitive damages: An additional amount we can push for, punitive damages punish the drunk driver and prevent others from engaging in similar behavior. This type of damages can total up to $250,000 or more, on top of any other compensation you receive.
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win
Drunk driving accidents in Doraville can have devastating impacts on your health and finances. You can count on John Foy & Associated to provide the legal help you need during this difficult time. With over 20 years worth of experience serving residents in our community, we have a proven reputation for getting big wins. In addition, a Doraville drunk driving lawyer typically works on a contingency basis. This means there are no upfront attorney costs. You pay nothing unless we win for you.
Contact a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney in Doraville Today
To get the full amount of compensation you need to recover from a drunk driving accident in Doraville, reach out to John Foy & Associates. We provide the aggressive legal representation required in these cases and treat you and your family with the care and respect you deserve. So give our office a call or contact us online and request a free consultation today.