If you’ve been injured in Riverdale, you could be eligible for a large financial recovery. The money you receive can help you pay for your medical bills, cover the cost of missed work time, and offset other losses you’ve suffered because of your accident. Unfortunately, many people who are injured never realize that they have a right to this money—and the insurance companies are not quick to help you. Don’t let yourself get pulled into paying the bill for an injury that wasn’t your fault. Talk to a Riverdale personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates can help. For over 20 years, we have been assisting injury victims and their families and helping them put their lives back together. Starting as a small local law firm, we have risen to be one of the most respected and reputable personal injury law offices in Georgia. We work exclusively for those who were injured—never for the big insurance companies. Let us give you a free consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get your FREE consultation today.
What should I do after an injury in Riverdale?
We always recommend that you should be your own best advocate in any injury case. You do not need to be an expert on the law to protect yourself and assert your rights. Here are some simple steps you can take:
- Document everything. Write down exactly what happened in your own words. Include the date and time of the injury and the names of anyone else involved. Make this record as soon after the injury as possible, so that no details are lost. If possible, take photos of the place where it happened and everything involved.
- Don’t accept blame for something that isn’t your fault. It’s normal to want to apologize, even if you are the one who was hurt. Don’t do it. We have seen slip and fall victims apologize to store owners, and pedestrians apologize to the driver that hit them. These statements weaken your own case because they make it look like you did something wrong. Don’t let your own words be used against you.
- Never sign anything from the insurance company until you’ve talked to a lawyer. Insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying you or to pay you as little as possible—even if it’s not enough to cover your medical bills. The money they offer you may seem like a godsend, but it comes with a waiver you have to sign to give away your rights. Fight the temptation and get legal help before you accept or sign anything.
- Get a professional legal opinion. It’s hard for a layperson to know what their legal rights are and how much their injury could end up costing them. Consulting with a lawyer is easy and doesn’t have to cost you anything. At John Foy & Associates, we offer a 100% free consultation to anyone who was injured, and we can come to your home or office to do it.
What kinds of injuries qualify for a personal injury claim in Riverdale?
Almost any kind of accident or injury can qualify. The key to any personal injury claim is the idea of negligence. In legal speak, negligence just means that someone else was careless, and it was that carelessness that led to your injury. This can take many forms:
- The owner of a building never bothered to fix a loose handrail on the stars
- A spill never gets cleaned up in a fast food restaurant, and no caution sign is put next to it
- A driver aggressively changes lanes without signaling
No one in any of these situations meant to hurt anybody. None of them are necessarily bad people. But what they all have in common is that someone exercised poor judgement and failed to take basic steps to ensure the safety of those around them. If any situation like this leads to an injury, it’s a valid personal injury claim.
The most common types of claims we see are:
- Auto accidents
- Car hits a pedestrian or bicyclist
- Slipping and falling
- Being injured by a criminal
- Injuries in nursing homes
- Defective products
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- Pharmacy gives you the wrong medication
- Faulty medical devices
Will my Riverdale personal injury claim go to court?
This is rare, and usually happens only if the insurance company refuses to bargain. We know the local courts well and, if this happens, we can handle the entire process for you.
In most cases, however, your claim will never go to court. Instead it will be resolved through negotiation. John Foy & Associates has been given the nickname “the Strong Arm law firm” because we know how to crush insurance companies at the bargaining table. We launch a full investigation of your injury, back up every detail with hard evidence, and hammer away until they give you the amount you deserve.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost in Riverdale?
We believe it should be as accessible as possible. That’s why we offer very simple payment terms:
- All consultations are FREE
- You never pay anything out of pocket
- You pay us nothing, ever, if we don’t win you money
If we do secure you a financial recovery, we take a percentage out of it and you keep everything else. This way you have absolutely no risk.
Is there a deadline for filing my claim in Riverdale?
Yes, and the deadlines are tight. In the City of Riverdale, deadlines are set by both state and federal law, and they vary depending on the type of case you have. In some cases you could have up to two years, but in many cases you may have only weeks. This is why it’s crucial to get legal help as soon as possible.
Talk to a Riverdale Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates has one purpose: to help people who have been injured. Let us give you a free consultation to discuss your case and help you make an informed decision. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.