Slip and fall accidents can be a lot more serious than they seem in Locust Grove. Just one, unexpected fall can leave a victim with serious injuries, costly medical bills, and many other damages. If you were not at fault for your slip and fall, you should not have to pay—but it’s rarely that easy to get the compensation you deserve.
Thankfully, a Locust Grove slip and fall and premises liability lawyer can help.
At John Foy & Associates, we know what it takes to win these types of cases. We have helped countless slip and fall victims win what they deserve for the past 20 plus years.
We only work for injury victims, and we know how to handle insurance companies.
Our slip and fall lawyers do not take a fee unless we win you money. Plus, the consultation is free, so there’s no risk in contacting us or working with us. To get your FREE consultation today, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
What to Know About Slip and Fall Cases in Locust Grove
Slip and fall accidents fall under the scope of premises liability in Locust Grove. Premises liability applies when someone is injured by an unsafe or dangerous condition on someone else’s property. This could be someone’s private and personal property, public property, or at a business where employees are expected to prevent hazards.
Premises liability comes down to negligence, which is basically a legal term for carelessness. If a property owner or employee is not careful to maintain safe premises and it leads to an injury accident, it’s a form of negligence. That means the owner or business is legally liable for the damages (Georgia Code § 51-3-1).
Unfortunately, slip and fall cases are rarely easy or straightforward. Many people struggle to recover the money they deserve after a slip and fall accident. There are several reasons for this:
- Many property owners or businesses try to deny liability for the accident and instead try to blame the victim.
- Slip and fall victims are often led to believe the accident was their fault, which can prevent them from trying to recover more money.
- Insurance companies are skilled at dealing with these types of cases, and they often use many tactics to try and deny or reduce the value of the claim.
- Many businesses where slip and fall accidents happen have a lot of money and are not afraid to fight a premises liability claim to avoid the penalties.
Before you assume one way or the other about your claim, it’s best to speak with an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Locust Grove. They will be able to examine the case and determine the facts. Plus, having a lawyer often shows the at-fault party and their insurance company that you are serious about fighting for your rights.
Get the strong arm
Determining Who Was at Fault for Your Slip and Fall Accident
As mentioned above, property owners and occupiers have a duty to keep their premises safe, which includes:
- Regularly checking for potential hazards or dangerous conditions
- Cleaning up or fixing hazards as they see them
- Blocking off or warning customers or visitors about hazards that cannot be immediately cleaned up
If there is any chance the owner or business was at fault for your accident, speak with a slip and fall lawyer as soon as you can. These types of cases can be complicated, and it can be difficult to prove fault and liability. However, a lawyer will know how to examine the case, gather evidence of the owner’s or business’s liability, and help prove your damages.
To protect your legal rights and begin gathering evidence of fault soon after the accident, you’ll want to do things like:
- Taking pictures of the accident scene, the hazard or dangerous condition that caused your fall, and your injuries
- Reporting the accident to the property owner or store manager
- Talking to any witnesses and getting their contact information
- Keeping track of all expenses you face from your accident
- Getting a slip and fall lawyer on your side who can help you gather additional evidence for your case, such as store video footage and expert testimony
Many slip and fall victims are worried that they hold some fault in the accident. Even if you do end up being partially at fault, you might still be able to seek compensation as long as you are not 50% or more at fault. Again, it’s best to have a lawyer look over the details and help you show what truly happened.
How Much does a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Locust Grove Cost?
Slip and fall lawyers are personal injury lawyers. Most of these lawyers work under contingency, which means:
- There is no upfront cost to begin working with them.
- You do not pay a fee unless they win money for you in your case.
- The lawyer’s fee is taken as a percentage of the settlement or award they win you.
This is how we operate at John Foy & Associates because we believe you should have access to legal representation without worrying about upfront costs. A contingency fee model also helps ensure your lawyer has your best interests at heart throughout the entire process. A win for you is a win for us, and vice versa.
Plus, most slip and fall lawyers offer a free consultation. During the consultation, you can discuss the details of your case with the lawyer and they can give you an idea of your legal options. Even if you decide not to work with someone, the insight you gain during the free consultation can be invaluable.
Talk to a Locust Grove Slip and Fall Lawyer for Free
Our slip and fall lawyers at John Foy & Associates have been helping injury victims win the recovery they need and deserve for more than 20 years. We know how serious, complicated, and stressful these types of cases can be. We’ll handle every aspect of the case—including communication with the insurance company—for you so you can focus on healing.
Call us today and we’ll give you a FREE consultation to get started. To schedule your FREE consultation and get matched with the best lawyer for your case, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.