Slip and falls are one of the leading causes of accidental deaths and injuries in Carrollton. If you have experienced a painful fall which has caused you to miss work or seek medical attention, there’s a good chance you have the right to recover money. Your claim could help you pay for medical bills, lost work time, and other costs. Don’t give up your rights. You need to speak with a Carrollton slip and fall lawyer.
John Foy & Associates is ready t help. Our legal team includes many of the most respected slip and fall lawyers in the state of Georgia. We have served injury victims exclusively for more than two decades, and we’ve earned our successful reputation by fighting for the rights of people just like you. Our legal team doesn’t just knows how to get results—we listen and we care. Let us give you a FREE consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What if I was fell at a business, or in a public building?
In law, slip and fall cases considered “premises liability,” a legal concept that comes into play when someone was injured as the result of an unsafe or defective condition on someone else’s property. The causes of these accidents can run the gamut from simple to complex, including:
- Improperly marked construction or maintenance
- Loose flooring
- Wet floors
- Faulty staircases and unstable or missing handrails
- Product spills
- Unmarked hazards like steps or broken pavement
- Balconies or elevated areas that have an unsafe railing
For a case to be valid in Georgia, we must determine if the property or business owner knew of or should have known about the hazard. Even if they did not know the hazard was there—or claim they did not know—there’s a good chance they should have known about it if they or their employees were properly maintaining the space. If that’s the case, and if you were not properly warned of the hazard, then you most likely have a right to recover money.
to find a John Foy office near you
What if I was injured at a friend or family member’s house?
These cases can feel more personal, but your rights are the same no matter the circumstances or location. It’s important to remember three things:
- Your friend likely had no intention to hurt you or make their home unsafe, and you do not have to claim they did.
- Your case is not against your friend personally. It’s against their insurance policy.
- A true friend or loved one will want you to get the medical care and resources you need, and will understand why you need to file a claim.
Of course, not everyone is this understanding, and these situations can be stressful. But you should not have to walk away with medical bills for a fall that wasn’t your fault, especially when insurance money is available. Our attorneys can help you handle your claim in the most respectful way possible.
Carrollton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
What evidence do I need to prove my slip and fall case?
If you slip and fall in a public place, you might assume there is security camera footage of the incident, but this is not always the case. You should always take measures right away to document where the incident occurred and speak with anyone who may have seen something.
Steps you can take include to establish your claim include:
- Use your phone to take photos or video of the area
- Report the incident to a manager
- Collect names and contact information from any witnesses
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel the injuries are minor (pain often sets in later)
Not only is this information important in helping establish the validity of a claim, it also becomes incredibly useful if the case progresses to the court system.
Of course, not everyone has the chance to gather this kind of information immediately after a fall. If time has already passed since the accident, the best thing you can do is speak to a personal injury lawyer immediately. Your attorney will have their own investigator who can help put together evidence, even drawing on internal records from the business where you fell.
What kind of damages am I entitled to for a slip and fall in Carrollton?
No two claims are ever alike, and the amounts paid out in slip and fall cases can vary substantially. However, Georgia allows injury victims to pursue two different avenues of financial recovery:
- First, you should be compensated for medical bills and other immediate costs, including physical therapy, missed work due to the injury, and any other financial liabilities directly caused by the fall.
- Second, our clients are often able to recover money for the impact the injury has on their life. This may including pain and suffering, emotional distress, any resulting disability or chronic condition, or the loss of the ability to take part in activities and hobbies you once enjoyed. These life changes can range anywhere from adjustments in living arrangements to devastating disabilities requiring considerable ongoing medical care.
In many cases, this second type of damages is what will make up the largest part of your settlement—and it’s the part that you get to “keep” to help rebuild your life and move forward. Depending on how severe your injures are, we have seen falls that have brought financial recoveries of $10,000 all the way up to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call 404-400-4000
Talk to a Carrollton Slip and Fall Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates has experience, empathy, and proven track record to make a difference in your case. Our policy is simple: you pay us nothing unless we recover money for you. Let us give you a FREE consultation and help you get started. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.