The workers compensation system is supposed to make it easier to recover money if you get hurt on the job in Johns Creek. But a workers compensation claim can easily leave you battling an insurance company that says you’re making up or exaggerating your injuries. You have a right to workers comp benefits and it’s frustrating when you can’t get the money you need for treatment that will help you recover and get back to work. If you have been injured at work, you need to talk to a Johns Creek workers compensation lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has more than 20 years of experience helping workers get the money they are due in workers compensation claims. We know how the system works and the games insurance companies like to play – and we get results. Let us give you a free consultation to talk about your claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
Who is covered by workers compensation?
Every employer in America, no matter how big or how small, is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. That means that if you are an employee, you are probably covered. This is true no matter what your status – workers compensation covers you if you are hourly, part time, just started your job, work in a factory, work in an office. It even covers you if you are a top company executive.
to find a John Foy office near you
What does workers compensation do?
The workers compensation system (or “workers comp”) completely replaces lawsuits in the local courts for injuries that happen at work. If you get hurt on the job, your employer’s workers’ comp policy is supposed to pay the full cost of your injury. The workers’ comp system is good for employees in two ways:
- A workers comp claim can usually be resolved far more quickly than a lawsuit, meaning you, as an injured worker, get paid faster.
- With a workers’ comp claim, you don’t have to prove how you were injured or who caused it. All that matters is that you were hurt on the job. This helps employees feel more comfortable making claims, because they don’t have to blame their employers or co-workers for what happened.
- Workers compensation insurance ensures that insurance money is available to pay for your injuries. Many employees are relieved to know that their claim won’t cost their employer money.
Some people think workers compensation is a government or company handout, but that’s simply not true. Workers compensation is insurance designed to protect you, just like the insurance you have for your car. The premiums your employer paid were probably partly covered by deductions from your paycheck. The insurance is there for you, and you should not hesitate to use it.
Johns Creek Workers Compensation Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
What does workers compensation cover?
Workers compensation covers any injury that happens at work in the City of Johns Creek. Although workers comp claims are commonly associated with construction or factory accidents, that’s only one type of injury that is covered. Workers comp covers injuries that happen in offices, company delivery trucks, loading docks, and even in break rooms and bathrooms. The injury doesn’t have to have any relation to your job duties – all that matters is that it happened at work.
This means that workers compensation covers a very broad range of accident and injuries, but it does not usually cover injuries that happen when you are not at work, including injuries that happen while you are commuting to your job. There are some exceptions, however, and you may be able to file a claim if:
- You were injured at a meeting or other off-site event for work
- You were injured while on business travel
- You were injured running an errand as part of your job
- You were injured at a job site or other remote working location
- You were injured while traveling in a company vehicle
What will workers comp pay for?
Workers comp should pay ALL of the costs of your injury, including the cost of missing time from work. Typically, this means you can recover:
- Your medical expenses, such as tests, doctors, prescriptions and hospitals
- Therapy, such as physical and occupational therapy, that you need to recover from the injury and get back to work
- Counseling and treatment for any emotional trauma that you are experiencing in addition to your physical injuries.
- Vocational training, if you need it to get back to work
- Your pay, until you are able to work again.
There are additional benefits available if your injury has caused a serious condition or disability. If you are a family member whose loved one lost their life in a workplace accident, workers comp can pay benefits to you as well. No one pretends that money can undo an accident or restore your life to the way it was. But we have found that when injured people are relieved from the crushing stress of medical bills and time lost from work, they have an easier time recovering and putting their lives back together.
For a free legal consultation with a workers compensation lawyer serving Johns Creek, call 404-800-4408
Do I need a lawyer for my workers compensation claim?
In a perfect world, workers compensation insurance would simply pay you the full value of your claim, but that’s not how things typically work. ALL insurance companies are out to make a profit, and workers comp insurance companies are no exception. That means that even if your employer is supportive, the insurance company may question your claim and look for ways to avoid paying you.
The insurance company may claim your injury didn’t really happen at work, or it may accuse you of making up your injury or exaggerating how bad it is. The insurance company representative may ask you to give a recorded statement and then try to trick you into saying things that will hurt your claim. A lawyer is your ally in making sure the insurance company doesn’t pull these stunts. A workers compensation lawyer will put together a strong claim to get you ALL the money you deserve.
Talk to a Johns Creek Workers Compensation Lawyer
At John Foy & Associates, we’re known as The Strong Arm because we don’t tolerate any nonsense from insurance companies. We can help you with your workers comp claim. Let us give you a free consultation to discuss your injury and how we can put our years of experience to work for you. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.