There is no better feeling than getting on your motorcycle and hitting the roads in Georgia, especially with the state’s abundant collection of scenic attractions, including lush forests, coastline, and mountains. However, this feeling can come at a price, especially when a rider is involved in a motorcycle accident.
Motorcycle collisions are serious accidents, often resulting in catastrophic injuries that can leave riders fighting for their life or left to suffer a lifetime of pain and debilitating trauma. That is why if you or a loved one have been harmed in a Hampton motorcycle accident due to another person’s wrongful actions, you should reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Hampton as soon as possible. Our Hampton motorcycle accident lawyers are not only here to help you get through this devastating time in your life, but they are also ready to go after the financial recovery that you are entitled to.
Who Is Responsible for a Hampton Motorcycle Accident?
To pursue legal action following a motorcycle accident, you first need to prove that another person was at fault for this crash, and this crash caused you extensive harm. Yet, what many people may not realize is there can be numerous parties responsible for this horrifying collision, including:
- Motorcycle mechanics responsible for maintaining the bike and its parts
- Motorcycle dealerships, if these dealerships sold a motorcycle knowing the bike had a problem and there was an accident because of these known issues
- Manufacturers of a faulty motorcycle or defective motorcycle parts which caused the crash
- Other drivers, including negligent motorists, truckers, motorcyclists, or pedestrians who caused the accident
- Governmental entities responsible for road maintenance and road design
Yet, if you were harmed in a Hampton motorcycle collision and are not sure who was responsible for your accident, you should reach out to an experienced Hampton motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. These lawyers can review your accident, figure out who was responsible for your crash and help you hold all the parties responsible accountable for the harm and losses you endured.
Get the strong arm
Compensation You Can Pursue Following a Hampton Motorcycle Collision
Following a Hampton motorcycle accident, if you were seriously injured due to another person’s wrongful actions, you may be entitled to certain monetary damages. In Georgia, these damages generally include both economic and non-economic damages, which include compensation for the following losses:
- Past and current medical bills
- Future ongoing medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Personal property damages, including replacement costs and repair expenses
- Replacement domestic services such as child care, grocery shopping, or cleaning services
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of quality and enjoyment of life
Yet, because these damages include both easily measurable losses, as well as subjective losses that are challenging to prove, it is important you reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Hampton following your accident. These attorneys can not only determine which of these damages you may be able to pursue, but they can also help you fight for the maximum compensation you need.
The Statute of Limitations Following a Motorcycle Accident in Georgia
The statute of limitations refers to a regulation that dictates the amount of time a person has to file a legal suit following an alleged offense. If these individuals do not file their case within that allotted period, they can be stopped from pursuing legal action to obtain compensation for their harm and losses.
In Georgia, you will only have two years from the date of your Hampton motorcycle accident to file an injury claim. However, it should also be noted that there may be exceptions that apply to these regulations that can impact this filing period. For these reasons, it is usually in your best interest to reach out to a knowledgeable Hampton motorcycle accident attorney following your crash.
These lawyers can review the facts of your case, determine exactly how much time you have to file your claim and make sure your legal documents and motions are prepared correctly and filed with the appropriate court before time runs out.
How Can a Hampton Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You Fight for the Compensation You Need?
After a motorcycle collision, you are likely going through a lot. Between your excruciating pain, devastating injures, and other hardships, the last thing you want to do is look for relevant evidence and prepare legal arguments to prove your case. Thankfully, when you retain a Hampton motorcycle accident lawyer to take on this legal fight, you will not have to worry about handling this challenging legal claim on your own.
Instead, when these lawyers are hired, they can:
- Go over your case, figure out if you have a viable claim, and help you determine the legal options you should pursue.
- Thoroughly investigate your motorcycle accident and gather the evidence needed to show what happened and who was at fault.
- Answer all the questions you have regarding your case and the legal process involved.
- Hire experts to validate your claim, such as accident reconstructionists, engineers, doctors, and financial specialists.
- Handle all the negotiations and discussions with the insurer and the other side and fight for a fair settlement offer.
- Proceed to trial if the other side is not willing to offer you a just settlement amount and go after maximum financial damages.
Contact John Foy & Associates for a Free Case Consultation
If you or a loved one sustained severe harm in a Hampton motorcycle accident, do not wait to secure the legal assistance you need. Instead, contact John Foy & Associates today for a free case evaluation and find out how these skilled legal professionals can help you fight for your rights and the justice and compensation you deserve.
404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form