Slip and fall accidents at movie theaters like Regal Cinemas are surprisingly common in Georgia. While visiting a theater to see the latest showing, anyone can suffer a sudden slip and fall if the business is not careful enough to maintain safe premises. To get help seeking compensation for your damages, reach out to a Regal Cinemas slip and fall lawyer in Georgia today.
John Foy & Associates specializes in personal injury law, including slip and fall cases. We have more than 20 years of experience, and we are not afraid to fight for your rights. To find out if you have a valid case and discuss your best legal options, call us for a FREE consultation at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
What to Know About Regal Cinemas in Georgia
Regal Cinemas, which used to go by Regal Entertainment Group, is an American chain of movie theaters. The company was established in 1989 in Knoxville, Tennessee, and grew quickly from there. As of 2016, Regal was the second-largest movie theater circuit in the country, operating in 42 U.S. states with over 540 theaters.
Several Regal Cinemas theaters are found in Georgia, including:
- Regal at Austell
- Regal Atlantic Station ScreenX, IMAX, RPX & VIP, Regal Perimeter Pointe, and Regal Tara Cinemas in Atlanta
- Regal Augusta Exchange & IMAX
- Regal Hollywood Cinemas – Gainesville
- Regal Hamilton Mill in Dacula
- Regal McDonough
- Regal Arbor Place & IMAX in Douglasville
- Regal Dawson in Dawsonville and
- Regal Mall of Georgia IMAX & RPX in Buford
Regal Unlimited was launched in 2019, which allowed users to see an unlimited number of movies and get a 10% discount on any concession stand items. Although unlimited movies sound like a great deal, it’s not so fun if one of those movie trips ends in a slip and fall accident.
If you were injured at a Regal Cinemas location in Georgia, you have legal rights. You may be entitled to financial recovery for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more.
to find a John Foy office near you
How Slip and Fall Cases Work Against Movie Theaters in Georgia
Slip and fall cases in Georgia come down to premises liability laws. Premises liability addresses injured that happen because of an unsafe condition on someone else’s property. If the property owner or occupier does not exercise ordinary care and that lack of care results in an injury, the owner or occupier may be liable for the damages.
To have a valid claim after a slip and fall at Regal Cinemas, negligence must exist. In other words, your slip and fall accident must have occurred because:
- Someone who worked for Regal Cinemas should have recognized a hazard (and had a reasonable amount of time to do so), but they did not OR
- Someone who worked for the theater did know about a hazard but failed to fix it or remove it within a reasonable amount of time
If the business hadn’t been negligent, your slip and fall accident wouldn’t have happened, even through your own carelessness. You will need to demonstrate this in your injury claim against the theater. It’s not enough to simply have been injured on the property; you have to prove negligence and liability.
A slip and fall lawyer will know how to best show fault in your case. To speak with an experienced attorney for FREE today, call John Foy & Associates at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
Georgia Regal Cinemas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents at Theaters Like Regal Cinemas
If employees are not careful, there are many different types of hazards or dangerous conditions that can be created at theaters like Regal Cinemas. Here are just a few examples:
- Spilled beverages or other liquids that have been left on the floors, in walkways, or on stairs
- Torn or curled up carpeting or rugs in walkways that have not been fixed or covered
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see where customers are walking, increasing the risk of slips and falls
- Dropped food items that can become slippery
- Wet or slippery floors from employees mopping without putting out a “wet floor” sign
- Theater merchandise, employee equipment, or other items left in movie aisles or walkways out of theaters
Anyone who has attended a movie at the theater probably understands just how messy the premises can get. Food, sodas, and other items can easily get spilled on just about every surface. Bathrooms can become messy and have wet floors if employees are not careful to regularly clean them.
Theater employees must be careful to watch out for hazards and fix them within a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, a slip and fall accident can happen that the business is responsible for. In your slip and fall claim, you will need to show how the theater was at fault for your fall and resulting damages.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries at Theaters in Georgia
Slip and fall accidents at theaters can lead to a variety of injuries. Here are some of the most common ones we see:
- Head injuries like concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and fractures, such as broken wrists, ankles, arms, or hips
- Shoulder injuries, such as dislocations
- Neck or spinal injuries
- Herniated discs
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Sprains and strains
Be sure to keep track of exactly how you are injured after a slip and fall. See a doctor as soon as possible after leaving the scene, even if you feel okay. Some slip and fall accidents take time to manifest, so they might worsen with time.
Also, keep track of all the costs of your injuries, such as medical bills and prescription medication receipts. You will need to include these in your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a regal cinemas slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Georgia, call 404-400-4000
Speak with a Regal Cinemas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Georgia for Free Today
If you suffered a slip and fall accident at a theater in Georgia, you don’t need to handle your case alone. At John Foy & Associates, we can help you build a strong claim to seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact us today and we’ll give you a FREE consultation to discuss the details.
To schedule your FREE consultation and get matched with the best slip and fall lawyer for your situation, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online today.