Krispy Kreme is a doughnut and coffeehouse chain that started in the late 1930s in Winston-Salem, North Carolina as a wholesale supplier to local grocery stores. Their doughnuts became popular enough for the company to open retail stores throughout the south. Further expansion followed, and Krispy Kreme now has stores across the U.S. and around the world.
With 32 Krispy Kreme retail outlets throughout Georgia, many Georgians can stop in and get their morning coffee and doughnut on their way to work. However, dangerous conditions like slippery floors could cause painful injuries and serious downtime from work.
A Krispy Kreme slip and fall accident could leave you with expensive and painful injuries, but you don’t have to endure these hardships alone. The experienced slip and fall attorneys at John Foy & Associates can help you obtain financial compensation for injuries caused by Krispy Kreme’s negligence. Schedule your free consultation by calling (404) 400-4000.
Negligence and Your Slip and Fall Claim
Like all Georgia businesses, Krispy Kreme must keep their stores safe for customers. This includes both inside and outside the building. If they neglect this duty of care, hazardous conditions could lead to a slip and fall accident.
Some potential hazards that can occur because of negligence in a Krispy Kreme retail outlet include:
- Dim lighting from burnt-out lightbulbs could make it hard to see objects in your path
- Wet tile floors could be caused by:
- Leaky plumbing
- Spilled coffee
- Foot traffic on rainy days
- Newly mopped floors
- Food dropped on the floor that is not promptly cleaned up, especially doughnuts with cream or jelly fillings
- Objects like trash or chairs blocking a walkway
- Outdoor tripping hazards like cracked pavement or sidewalks
Krispy Kreme may have to pay financial compensation for your injuries if you fall due to their negligence. To file a premises liability claim against Krispy Kreme in Georgia after a slip and fall accident you will need to establish that:
- There was a hazard somewhere on the Krispy Kreme premises.
- An employee or manager knew about the hazard.
- The hazard was not removed, and customers were not warned about the dangerous conditions it created.
- You fell and sustained injuries because of this hazard.
- Your injuries caused you financial or emotional damage.
to find a John Foy office near you
Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents at Krispy Kreme can cause potentially serious injuries including:
- Dislocated shoulder
- Ankle or wrist pain
- Blood loss
- Broken bones
- Neck or head injury
- Back pain
- Spinal cord damage
If your injuries are serious or life-threatening, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room for immediate help.
Georgia Krispy Kreme Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
What to Do After You Slip and Fall
You may not know right after your slip and fall whether you will seek compensation from Krispy Kreme. You may have to investigate to determine whether negligence was involved, and injuries are not always obvious in the moments after you fall.
There are some actions you can take to gather evidence after your fall and preserve your options in case you decide to file a claim.
- Take photos — Include the entire area where you fell to document hazards, the lack of warning signs, any visible injuries, and security cameras that might have captured your fall.
- Talk to the manager on duty — File an incident report and make sure the hazard is cleared after you have taken photos. Ask for copies of the incident report and security camera footage.
- Talk to witnesses — Ask bystanders if they saw you fall. Write down their names and contact information so you or your slip and fall attorney can get in touch later if necessary, to help build your case.
- Make an appointment with your doctor — Have your injuries examined and treated. Keep copies of your medical records and bills.
- Do not admit fault — Under Georgia’s “modified comparative negligence” rule, any damage award you win could be reduced or eliminated if a jury decides your injuries were even partly your fault.
- Hire a slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible — It is important to call an attorney soon after your accident. This is because Georgia’s statute of limitations only gives you two years to file your slip and fall claim. He or she can investigate your case, negotiate with Krispy Kreme on your behalf, and make sure you meet crucial filing deadlines.
Call John Foy & Associates
The experienced slip and fall attorneys at John Foy & Associates are dedicated to helping Georgia residents injured because of negligence. We charge no fees upfront and we only get paid if we win your case, so there is no risk to you.
Call John Foy & Associates any time of the day or night at (404) 400-4000 to discuss your no-obligation consultation. Our “Strong Arm” approach can help you get the compensation you deserve.