Dillard’s stores offer clothing, shoes, lingerie, handbags, and other items for shoppers in Georgia. While most people leave a Dillard’s with nothing more than new purchases, some are unfortunate enough to leave with injuries. Slip and fall accidents can happen in Dillard’s if the store is negligent. To find out if you have a case for compensation, all a Dillard’s slip and fall accident and injury lawyer in Georgia.
After a slip and fall accident at Dillard’s, you may be eligible for compensation for costs like medical bills and lost wages. Our lawyers are John Foy & Associates can make sure you are seeking the highest recovery possible. Contact us today to schedule a FREE consultation and discuss the details. Call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for your FREE consultation.
What to Know About Georgia Dillard’s
Dillard’s Inc. is a chain of department stores spanning 29 states throughout the United States. Their headquarters is in Little Rock, Arkansas, where the company began in 1938. Dillard’s has clothing for men, women, juniors, and kids. They also sell shoes, handbags, accessories, jewelry, and home and beauty items.
There are 12 Dillard’s stores in the following Georgia cities:
No matter which store you were shopping in when your slip and fall accident happened, the store may be liable for your damages. If the store’s actions (or inactions) led to your injuries, they are responsible.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen at Dillard’s
There are many ways you can slip, fall, and become injured in a Dillard’s store. These stores have a lot of merchandise, a mix of tiled and carpeted flooring, and various areas where hazards may be present. Here are some of the most common reasons for slip and fall accidents we see:
- Fallen merchandise in aisles or walkways
- Poor lighting in certain parts of the store
- Wet flooring from mopping or beverage spills
- Folded or broken rugs or carpeting
- Uneven or cracked flooring
- Unmarked steps near entrances, exits, bathrooms, or stairs
Although these are some of the most common reasons for slip and fall accidents, basically anything can cause a customer to slip and fall in the store. What matters most is who was at fault for the accident.
Negligence and Slip and Fall Accidents at Dillard’s in Georgia
In order for a store to be liable in an injury accident, there must hold a degree of negligence. Negligence means the store failed to exercise reasonable care to prevent harm to their customers. If a Dillard’s store should have known about an unsafe condition—or should have had practices in place to prevent that condition—they may be liable if a customer becomes injured.
At John Foy & Associates, we believe you deserve full compensation for your damages when a store is negligent in your accident. A slip and fall accident can easily rack up thousands of dollars (or more) in medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you were not at fault for your accident, you should not have to bear this financial burden.
Call us today for a FREE consultation to discuss the store’s role in your slip and fall accident. We will determine if you have a valid claim and talk about how we can help. Call (404) 400-4000 to get started.
Ways a Georgia Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help Your Injury Case
There is a statute of limitations for injury cases in Georgia. In some situations, you have two years from the date of the accident to bring your claim. Since this goes by quickly in legal cases, it’s best to contact a Dillard’s slip and fall accident and injury lawyer as soon as possible.
An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help you by:
- Visiting the scene of your slip and fall accident
- Gathering evidence that supports your claim
- Interviewing any witnesses who saw your accident happen
- Requesting records that support your claim, such as video surveillance footage in the store
- Communicating with Dillard’s insurance company on your behalf
- Making sure every action you take is helping your case, not hurting it
The type of attorney you work with matters. While most personal injury lawyers will take on slip and fall accident cases against Dillard’s, you need someone with actual experience working these types of claims. These might seem like a daunting task, but most injury lawyers (like John Foy & Associates) will offer a free consultation where you can ask about their experience.
Many personal injury lawyers also work on a contingency basis. This means that they do not get paid unless they actually win you money. Then, their fee is simply taken as a percentage of your settlement or awards. You will not have to worry about paying anything upfront, which removes the stress of paying for a lawyer while you recover.
Six Things You Should Do After a Slip and Fall Accident at Dillard’s
Even before you contact a lawyer, there are ways you can begin building your case. If you can, do the following after your accident:
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and the unsafe condition that caused you to fall.
- Report the accident to the store’s owner or manager. If they ask you to complete an accident report, that’s okay.
- Do not apologize or admit any blame, even if the store (or their insurance company) tries to blame you.
- See a doctor as soon as possible after you leave the scene. This will document your injuries for your claim.
- Keep track of all losses from your accident, including medical bills, lost wages, and notes on how the accident has impacted your life.
- Talk to your slip and fall accident lawyer regularly, and be honest with them about every aspect of your case.
Get a Free Consultation With a Dillard’s Slip and Fall Accident and Injury Lawyer in Georgia
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident at Dillard’s, you may be eligible for compensation for your costs. John Foy & Associates can help you with your case. Call us today for a FREE consultation to discuss the details. Contact us at (404) 400-4000 or reach out online to get started today.