After a catastrophic injury, your life will not be the same. Though you can experience some level of recovery, catastrophic injuries bring permanent damage. It is likely that you will not be able to work or move through your daily activities and your life as you could before the injury, making it essential for you to receive sustaining financial compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
To ensure this fair compensation, secure legal representation from a catastrophic injuries lawyer in Dunwoody as soon as you can following your accident.
Causes and Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can happen anywhere. They can occur at your job, perhaps through malfunctioning equipment or by slipping on a wet but unmarked floor. You can be injured during recreational activities or training, through a motor vehicle accident, by tripping over an uneven sidewalk, or taking a fall.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Just as catastrophic injuries can happen anywhere, they can also affect just about any part of your body. Common examples of traumatic injuries include
- Trauma to the brain
- Damage to internal organs
- Permanent damage to the musculoskeletal system (shattered bones, for example)
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Vision, hearing, or speech loss
Though the specific consequences depend on the nature and severity of the injury, what is common to all victims is that the injuries bring significant life changes.
to find a John Foy office near you
How Your Life Can Change Following a Catastrophic Injury
The effects of a catastrophic injury are often comprehensive, affecting most or even all areas of your life and the lives of your loved ones.
Most injuries will bring intense physical pain at least at first, and a lengthy, demanding period of rehabilitation as you recover to the extent possible. It is probable your mobility will be limited, and you may not be able to care for yourself independently either for a time or in the long term. These physical effects will require many medical consultations and procedures.
Being unable to work leaves you and your household without the necessary income. You may also face new expenses, such as home care or child care and structural adjustments to your living environment and/or vehicle to accommodate your new situation. If your injuries prevent you from returning to work, you will lose potential lifelong earnings as well.
Physical pain and loss of mobility and independence are often followed by emotional and mental suffering. It is likely you will experience mental anguish for those losses. You may not be able to interact with loved ones as you once did, bringing a sense of grief to all affected.
Effects on Quality of Life
Your reduced ability, or inability, to socialize, and engage in leisure activities, vacations, or other events diminishes your quality of life, as does the experience of chronic pain. Losses, even of just the simplest pleasures in life, can be devastating.
Dunwoody Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
A Fair Settlement Protects Your Future
Sustaining a catastrophic injury does not come with permission to stop paying your bills. In fact, you will face new expenses because of your condition. A substantial settlement can provide for the needs of you and your loved ones for the long term, and with a Dunwoody catastrophic injuries lawyer from John Foy & Associates fighting for you, you will almost surely receive a higher settlement than if you work your case on your own.
Your settlement can cover your medical expenses and estimated future medical costs and recover your lost wages and estimated potential income. In other words, your settlement can relieve the financial crisis you and your household face in the aftermath of your accident.
A settlement can cover costs to repair or replace property damaged in your accident, fund property adjustments to help you live more independently, and give you financial access to new therapies or opportunities to improve your quality of life. It can also provide you with a sense of justice, serving as an acknowledgment of your pain and anguish.
Put Your Case in the Capable Hands of a Dunwoody Catastrophic Injuries Attorney
Pursuing a settlement requires knowledge of the law, legal proceedings, the ability to negotiate well, time, and effort. After experiencing a catastrophic injury, your time and energy are best spent working toward recovery and adjustment. Your Dunwoody catastrophic injuries lawyer from the Strong Arm of Georgia will manage the legalities, including:
- Your lawyer knows what types of evidence build a strong case and will not leave any avenue for collecting evidence unexplored.
- Submitted legal documents must be error-free and filed within their legal deadlines. By consulting with a lawyer soon after your accident, you can be certain all documentation will be prepared accurately and within the statute of limitations.
- Under Georgia’s modified comparative fault system, if you hold a percentage of fault for the accident, your compensation is reduced by that percentage. Your lawyer will ensure the at-fault parties do not falsely inflate your degree of responsibility to avoid a large payout.
- Negotiating substantial compensation: Your lawyer knows the value of your case, will know when at-fault parties and their insurance companies are offering less than you deserve and will demand better.
- Serving as your representative at trial: If at-fault parties refuse to offer a reasonable settlement, you may choose to take your case before the court. Your lawyer will present you with your options and potential outcomes so you can make an informed decision and, should you go to trial, your lawyer will represent you in all proceedings.
Attorneys from John Foy & Associates know the importance of attention and communication. Your lawyer will give your case the attention it deserves and will stay in consistent contact, providing updates on the progress of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injuries lawyer serving Dunwoody, call 404-400-4000
Start Working Toward Financial Relief Today
Lower your anxiety and start rebuilding your future. Make an appointment for a free consultation with a catastrophic injuries attorney in Dunwoody today. Visit our contact page to can call or send a message, and we will respond promptly. Knowing you have a caring legal expert on your side will help bring you peace of mind and hope for your future.