Car accident victims in Kennesaw have the right to fight for compensation for injuries, damages, and any other losses—whether the other driver is insured or not. If you or someone you love has been hurt in a car accident, don’t try to negotiate with the insurance company alone. A Kennesaw personal injury attorney can help you.
At John Foy & Associates, we founded our law practice with a single mission: to protect those who have been hurt. We know that at-fault drivers don’t want to pay – and neither do their insurance companies – but that doesn’t stop us from getting our clients the money they deserve. Call us at 404-400-4000 to set up your free consultation today.
What are your rights in a car accident case in Kennesaw?
If you did not cause the accident, you have several rights:
- Your costs will be paid by the at-fault driver or their insurance
- This includes all of your medical bills and car repair costs
- It also includes money for other losses, like severe pain
This isn’t just the law in the City of Kennesaw. It’s Georgia state law. And it means that accident victims have the law on their side from the start. Unfortunately, insurance companies know that not every accident victim will get a lawyer, and they count on you being willing to settle for less than you deserve. This is why the most common advice you hear about insurance companies is “don’t take any money until you’ve talked to a lawyer.”
to find a John Foy office near you
What if the other driver has no insurance?
This makes the situation more complicated, but it doesn’t change your rights.
Georgia law requires that all vehicle owners carry a basic level of insurance on their vehicles. So, every car should be insured, either by the person driving it or whoever the owner is. But that doesn’t always happen.
When an uninsured driver causes an accident, they become personally liable for the costs. In other words, they have to pay the money out of pocket to cover your injuries. Most uninsured drivers can’t afford this, but you can still get your money over time.
With a good lawyer, the courts may:
- Order the uninsured driver to make payments over time
- Place a lien on property that the driver owns so that you will be paid when it’s sold
Additionally, you may be surprised at what other insurance policies may cover in an accident even if the driver had no car insurance. Your lawyer can investigate other policies that may pay your costs.
Kennesaw Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
What can you do if the insurance company says you don’t have a claim?
Never accept the insurance company’s position at face value. Most insurance companies follow the rules, but they also have a lot of leeway in how they interpret and respond to claims. And they have a simple, obvious profit motive: the less they pay you, the more profit they make.
That means you may have been wrongly told any of the following:
- The insurance company doesn’t believe your injuries are really caused by the accident
- They believe your injuries got worse because you didn’t seek treatment right away (“blame the victim”)
- They are blaming YOU for causing the accident, or
- They simply think you should get far less money than you really need
Remember that none of these responses are written in stone. Insurance companies offer whatever reason they can to deny your claim and hope you won’t fight it – but you can, and the best way is with a trained legal professional at your side. Your lawyer can:
- Launch an independent investigation into the accident and who caused it
- Dig up evidence from police records, insurance records, doctor opinions, and eyewitnesses to support your claim
- Help you get a doctor who understands your particular injury, so your diagnosis supports your claim
- Use all of this evidence as leverage to force the insurance company to pay
Usually, all of this can be done without even filing a lawsuit. Simply having a lawyer build a strong case is often enough to get the insurer to offer you money—or dramatically increase their offer.
How much does a car accident claim typically pay out in Kennesaw?
There is no single “typical” amount. The amount depends on the costs of the accident. We have seen financial recoveries from $2,000 to $2 million—sometimes more.
What we can say, however, is that the first amount you’re offered is almost never the amount you deserve under the law. This is because insurance companies typically base their first offer on only the immediate medical costs of the accident. They hope you’ll take the money before you realize you have other costs and may deserve more.
Types of damages you can include in your claim
Some of the costs you may be entitled to include:
- Money for long-term treatment or recovery
- Money for additional procedures if there are complications with your recovery
- Lost income if the accident kept you home from work
- Help to pay for any mental health treatment you need following the trauma of the accident
- Money to offset serious losses like a permanent injury, or pain and suffering
- Wrongful death claims if your loved one died in the accident
All of this money is designed to help protect you from long-term costs, and make it easier to remain stable after a tragedy that cannot be reversed. Because you may have a right to any or all of these costs, it’s not uncommon for a car accident recovery to be $100,000 or more.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Kennesaw, call 404-400-4000
Do you need to hire a car accident attorney?
You can try to pursue your claim on your own, but you may find you’ll have better luck with legal representation. Why? Because insurance companies tend to take you more seriously if you’ve “lawyered up.” If you try to go it alone, they may think your claim isn’t important enough to warrant you securing legal help.
Further, a lawyer knows the law and, perhaps more importantly, has more direct experience with average settlement amounts in cases like yours. He or she will know what’s fair and will argue strongly against any settlement offer that isn’t.
Talk to a Kennesaw car accident attorney today for free
Car accidents have serious, life-altering effects. You don’t have to face them alone. Get the money you deserve. Let the attorneys of John Foy & Associates put 20+ years of experience to work for YOU—and give you a free consultation. We never charge anything unless we win you money. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.