Property owners have a responsibility to maintain safe premises for guests. That includes keeping walking spaces free from clutter and other hazards. If your or a loved one tripped, fell, and were injured because of clutter, you might have a legal case.
You might deserve compensation if:
- The property owner or business knew or should have known about the clutter
- The owner or company did not remove or fix the problem
- You suffered injuries because of the cluttered walking space
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can help you seek the compensation you deserve. Contact John Foy & Associates today for a free consultation. We’ll discuss what happened to you and what options you have.
Call us at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Injuries from a Fall Can Be Serious
When a property is not safe, visitors can trip or slip and fall, suffering injuries. In some cases, slipping and falling can lead to deaths.
The severity of your fall injuries may depend on:
- How and where you fell
- Your physical health conditions and age
- The type of object you slipped or fell on
- How hard you fell
- Whether or not you could catch yourself while falling
A slip and fall might not sound like a big deal, but fall injuries are actually very common. According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), falls are the leading cause of hospital emergency room visits. Slips and falls make up over a million of these visits.
Injuries from a trip and fall or slip and fall accident can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken hands, arms, hips, or other bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe bruising
- Sprains and strains
Older adults are especially at risk of serious fall injuries. However, anyone can become badly injured after tripping and falling unexpectedly. And the financial and emotional costs can be very great.
The Huge Costs of Trip and Fall Accidents
Trip and fall accidents can lead to injuries or death. If you are severely injured from a trip and fall, you might have losses like:
- Medical bills from doctor visits, hospital stays, and procedures
- Future medical expenses based on what treatment you’ll need
- Lost income from missing work time because of your injuries
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from working as you could before
- Property damage if the fall damaged something you own
- Pain and suffering for the physical and emotional effects of the accident and your injuries
Even when an accident seems minor, the consequences can be more serious than you realize. Many victims are shocked at the costs of treatment and missing work. Some injuries can leave you with pain or disabilities that never entirely go away.
Wrongful Death from a Trip and Fall
If you lost a loved one in an accident, you might have a wrongful death claim. Certain family members can bring a case on behalf of their deceased loved one. Your claim might include damages like:
- Medical expenses from the loved one’s last injuries
- Pain and suffering the loved one experienced
- Lost wages that impact the loved one’s family
- Loss of companionship that you no longer have from the loved one
- Funeral and burial costs resulting from the loved one’s death
If you or a loved one were victims of a trip and fall, you might have a legal case. Call John Foy & Associates to speak with a cluttered walking spaces lawyer today. We’ll help you know your options and what you deserve.
We only work on contingency. That means you don’t pay anything unless we win you compensation. To get started with a free consultation, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
Common Tripping Hazards
Many situations can lead to trip and fall accidents on properties. Property owners and business managers should be careful to watch for:
- Cluttered merchandise in walkways
- Large or intrusive store displays in aisles
- Boxes or other items that visitors would trip over
Owners should also regularly check for hazardous conditions that could lead to injuries. Even low lighting or torn rugs can increase the risk of trips and falls.
If a property owner’s negligence leads to your accident, you might have a premises liability claim. This type of claim holds a property owner responsible for the damages from an injury on their property. The owner can be liable for costs if they don’t do enough to prevent an accident.
Where Trip and Fall Accidents Happen
A trip and fall can occur just about anywhere, including at:
- Department stores
- Grocery stores
- Movie theaters
- Hotels or motels
- Private properties
If an owner’s or manager’s carelessness could have caused the fall, you likely have a case. Talk to a lawyer today if you have questions about your potential case and compensation.
We provide assistance helping clients hurt in Holiday Inn slip and fall accidents caused by clutter. We also understand Pep Boys slip and fall injuries and Walgreens slip and fall cases. All of these businesses often have minimal room to move between shelves.
You can even contact us for help with a Marshall’s slip and fall incident or a Dave and Buster’s slip and fall accident. We even help if you want to file a Sprout’s slip and fall lawsuit.
What a Trip and Fall Lawyer Can Do
A trip and fall lawyer is a type of personal injury lawyer. It’s best to work with someone who has hands-on experience winning trip and fall (or slip and fall) accident cases.
A trip and fall lawyer will work to get you compensation for your accident costs. They can help you by:
- Evaluating your accident and the strength of your case
- Answering any questions you have about your accident or the legal process
- Determining who was at fault for your fall and injuries
- Building a strong premises liability claim against the responsible person or business
- Handling the insurance company and negotiating for what you deserve
- Representing you if your case needs to go to trial
Trip and fall injuries can leave you with a lot of pain and stress. You deserve the fullest compensation possible, but you don’t have to fight for it alone. Reach out to a lawyer today to get assistance with seeking justice.
Talk to a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Our slip and fall lawyers are not afraid to fight for what our clients deserve. With over 20 years of experience, we can identify a valid case and your best options.
Call John Foy & Associates today to get started risk-free. You don’t pay us any fees unless we win your case. We’re always on your side, and we never work for insurance companies.
To learn more during a free consultation, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.