If you’ve been injured in a Jonesboro car accident, you need to speak to a lawyer. Even if your injuries seem minor, they can cost you substantially more than you expect—and the insurance company will try to pay you as little as possible. Some car accident victims get left holding medical bills for tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. A good Jonesboro car accident lawyer can help you get the full amount you need.
At John Foy & Associates we want to help. We have 20 years of experience helping car accident victims, and have come to be known as one of the most reputable law firms in the state. We’ve built this reputation by putting our clients first—by listening, caring, and helping them win the biggest financial recovery possible. Your car accident does not have to take over your life. Talk to us about your case for free. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get a free consultation today.
What should I do if I was injured in a car accident?
We urge every accident victim to be your own best advocate. This can start at the scene of the accident itself. Here are some basic, easy things you can do to protect your rights from the moment the accident occurs:
- Take pictures. Use your phone to snap pictures of the damage to the vehicles, any injuries you have, and the overall accident scene. This can help establish what happened later.
- Do not minimize your pain. If people ask if you’re injured, you may have an instinct to say you’re fine. Don’t. It’s hard to know if you have any injuries in the moments after the impact. You could have pain the next day or even in a few hours.
- Talk to witnesses. Ask anyone nearby if they saw what happened. If so, ask for their names and contact information. Their testimony could help build your case later.
- Always call the police. Getting an accident report is the first step of any car accident claim. Never let someone talk you into working out a car accident “between the two of us.” Call the police and wait for them to arrive.
After your accident, talk to a lawyer. Do not sign anything from the insurance company or give them any recorded statements until you have gotten legal advice.
What can a Jonesboro car accident lawyer do for me?
Your lawyer’s most important job is to negotiate for you with the insurance company. Insurance companies are businesses, and your wellbeing is not their first priority—their profit margin is. Their only interest in your case is to pay you the lowest amount possible and close out your claim. We have seen insurance companies use many underhanded tactics to do this:
- Rushing you to sign papers before you know how serious your injuries are
- Delaying your claim for months while your bills pile up
- Calling with “friendly” questions and then using your answers against you
- Referring you to a doctor who you don’t believe has your best interests at heart
Insurance companies have armies of lawyers working for them. It’s very difficult to negotiate with them unless you have a lawyer of your own. Your car accident lawyer’s biggest job is to simply force the insurance company to the bargaining table and push them for the full amount you deserve.
What costs could I recover after a car accident in Jonesboro?
In the City of Jonesboro, you can potentially recover 100% of all the costs related to your accident. This may include:
- Any medical expenses to date, including doctor visits, surgery, lab tests and more
- The estimated amount of any future medical expenses related to the injury
- Cost of medication
- Physical therapy, speech therapy or other rehabilitation
- The full amount of any wages you lost because you couldn’t work
- Car repairs or a the cost of a new car
Additionally, you could could be awarded a much larger cash recovery if you suffered a serious loss such as a disability or severe physical pain. This extra money cannot undo what happened to you, but it can make a crucial difference in keeping you and your family financially stable going forward.
How do I know if I have a case?
The only way to know is to talk to a lawyer. Every car accident is different, but a good lawyer will have the experience of working on dozens or even hundreds of other cases like yours. This will allow them to tell you how strong your claim is.
The most important thing is not to blame yourself. After an accident, we all feel like we could have done something different. But sometimes it was just the other driver’s carelessness, and you did everything you could. We’ve seen many car accident victims who thought they had no case at all and ended up having a claim worth $20,000 or more.
Some of the types of car accidents we have successfully represented include:
- Head on collisions
- Rear end collisions
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Faulty tire cases
- Accidents involving distracted driving or drunk driving
- Hit and run
- Accidents with an uninsured motorist
Will I have to go to court?
It’s not common. Occasionally an insurance company will refuse to negotiate or negotiations will go nowhere, and your claim will go to the local courts. If this happens we will handle everything for you and work to make the entire process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Most car accident cases are resolved with a settlement, which is negotiated out of court. This can be handled almost entirely by your lawyer. The first step in any car accident case is to investigate the accident and put together hard proof of the extent of your injuries. We can build a strong case and use it to force the insurance company to bargain. Often this is all it takes to get you a much larger offer.
Is there a deadline for filing my car accident claim in Jonesboro?
Yes, Jonesboro courts use deadlines set at the state and federal level. These deadlines are strict and if you miss one, it usually means you cannot file your case at all—or recover any money. The exact deadline depends on your case. It could be as much as two years from the date of the accident or it could be only weeks. This is why it’s important to talk to a lawyer right away.
Speak to a Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Don’t miss your chance to get the money you deserve. John Foy & Associates was founded to help the victims of accidents, and we will give you a FREE consultation to discuss your case. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.