Incorrect lane changes are common actions from careless drivers in Stonecrest. Failing to signal, not leaving enough room, or drifting into lanes can cause severe accidents. If you or a loved one were injured in this type of crash, you might deserve compensation for your injuries.
Contact our Stonecrest car accident lawyers after an accident caused by improper lane changes. With 20-plus years of experience, we at John Foy & Associates know how to win cases. After an accident you didn’t cause, call the “Strong Arm” for help.
Call us at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for a FREE consultation. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
Georgia Lane Change Laws
The state of Georgia has several laws for drivers when changing lanes:
- According to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §40-6-123, drivers should give a continuous “signal of intention” when changing lanes. The signal should last long enough for other motorists to know the driver intends to change lanes.
- According to OCGA §40-6-48, vehicles should stay “as nearly as practicable” within a single lane. Drivers shouldn’t move from their lane until it’s safe.
- Georgia also has a “Move Over” law to protect emergency vehicles. Drivers should move into the next lane when coming upon a stopped emergency vehicle with its lights on.
Disobeying Georgia’s lane-change laws can lead to severe accidents. Besides the legal penalties, these accidents can cause terrible injuries or deaths.
If you or a loved one were injured in an unsafe lane change accident, talk to a lawyer. You might be eligible for compensation to recover your costs. You should not have to pay for the losses from an accident you didn’t cause.
to find a John Foy office near you
Causes of Improper Lane Change Accidents
There are many reasons a driver might change lanes incorrectly. Common causes include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Excessive speeding
- Failing to yield to other vehicles
- Not checking blind spots
- Failing to signal properly
- Taking too long to change lanes
- Merging in an unsafe area
- Drifting in and out of lanes
You must be able to show how your accident happened. If the crash involved improper lane changes, you’ll need evidence.
The at-fault driver’s insurance company is likely liable for your accident injuries. However, you’re responsible for bringing a claim for what you deserve. You’ll need solid proof of the driver’s actions causing your collision.
At John Foy & Associates, we can help. We know how to gather strong evidence of the driver’s fault and your damages. To learn more today, call (404) 400-4000 for a FREE consultation. You can also fill out one of our online contact forms.
Stonecrest Improper Lane Changes Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Common Damages that Victims Deserve
If another driver caused your accident, you have rights. The negligent driver might owe you compensation for the suffering they’ve caused. Most of the time, the driver’s auto insurance covers the costs.
Your insurance claim should outline each damage from your accident, including:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- All prescription drug costs
- Repair or replacement costs for your vehicle
- Lost income from having to miss work time
- Loss of future earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A personal injury claim strives to “make you whole” as if the accident hadn’t occurred. However, you must provide proof of what you’ve lost. This requires you to gather evidence of your damages from the accident.
If possible, it’s best to wait until you’ve completed all treatment before filing your claim. You will need to know all of your costs, including future medical care. The at-fault driver or their insurer should compensate you for your losses.
If the insurance company won’t settle, you might take your case to court. Our lawyers can help determine if a lawsuit is the best course of action. If so, we’ll be there every step of the way to fight for you.
Benefits of Working with an Improper Lane Change Lawyer
After a car accident, most victims benefit from working with a Stonecrest car accident lawyer. A lawyer helps ensure you’re treated legally while fighting for the fullest compensation possible. Your legal team can help by:
- Gathering evidence from your car accident
- Determining who is at fault for the crash
- Interviewing eyewitnesses and experts
- Planning the best legal strategy
- Communicating with the insurance company for you
- Negotiating for a fair insurance settlement
- Helping take your case to court, if necessary
Legal cases are often challenging, even after minor accidents. Improper lane changes are also sometimes difficult to prove. When you’re dealing with injuries, a legal claim is probably the last thing you want to think about.
An experienced lawyer can handle the details for you. Your attorney will help with your case from beginning to end. Plus, insurance companies are more likely to offer a fair settlement if they see you have legal help.
Insurance companies will look for any way to pay you less. However, insurers also do not like dealing with lawsuits. Hiring a lawyer shows the insurance company that you’re serious about getting the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a improper lane changes car accidents lawyer serving Stonecrest, call 404-400-4000
What to Do After an Improper Lane Change Collision
After an accident, there are ways you can document what happened. The following steps can help you build your claim:
- Report the accident to the police.
- Get a copy of the accident report.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Save copies of all bills, receipts, and other documentation of your damages.
- Do not discuss fault or negligence with anyone but your lawyer.
Avoid apologizing or admitting any blame for the accident. Even if you’re worried about your own fault, talk to a Stonecrest car accident lawyer first. Many accident victims are surprised to find that they hold no fault in the crash.
Talk to a Stonecrest Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Improper lane changes can easily lead to severe accidents. If you or a loved one were injured, contact John Foy & Associates. We can help you seek the compensation you deserve after your collision.
We have been helping accident victims and their families for over two decades. We also work on contingency, meaning there is no charge unless we win you money.
To get started with a FREE consultation, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online. Reach out today to get the power of the “Strong Arm.”