Rome is the economic center of northwest Georgia and serves as the gateway to northwest Alabama. Each year, Uber collisions in Rome are high, leaving the need for a Rome Uber accident lawyer.
It is common for drivers to be stressed and in pain after an Uber accident, even if it is a minor one. Medical costs can add up quickly, and vehicle damage is almost always more expensive than expected.
It is important to know your options if you are in an Uber accident in Rome. Damages may be fully recoverable under the law. Consult an Uber accident lawyer in Rome to find out your options and obtain legal representation.
When to Call a Rome Uber Accident Lawyer
You probably have never gone through this process before if you are like most accident victims. We all want to avoid getting into a car accident. The next step you should take, such as how long you should wait, likely raises many questions.
It is highly advisable to speak with a lawyer immediately. Among the reasons for this are:
- If you delay investigating your case, you may lose or destroy crucial evidence.
- In dealing directly with the insurance company, you run the risk of inadvertently implicating yourself in the accident, compromising your ability to recover damages.
- Some states have strict statutes of limitations on personal injury claims, so waiting to file a claim can result in you being unable to collect compensation.
Get the strong arm
What to Do After an Uber Accident in Rome
An accident is a traumatic experience. The event that happened to you likely left you in shock or pain. As you try to remain calm, you will make sure your passengers are okay. Next, you will have to decide what to do. If the other driver tries to blame you or refuses to share their insurance information, how can you proceed? Does calling the police always work?
Many accident victims ask these questions. They are not alone in feeling uncertain. Here are a few important things to do after a car accident. Taking the right steps and gathering the right information will increase your chances of receiving full compensation.
Follow these steps after an accident:
- Contact the police: You must report an accident in Rome, Georgia, if there are injuries (or deaths) or if there is $500 or more in property damage. This will cover most accidents, except minor ones.
- Exchange information: Although responding officers will provide these details, you should ask the other driver personally for their name, phone number, and insurance information.
- Don’t accept fault: If you have not gathered all the facts, never admit responsibility or apologize for the accident. Before admitting to any fault, you should consult with a car accident lawyer.
- Take photos: Rome personal injury cases like this can benefit from photographic evidence. Photograph injuries, car damage, accident scene, and the other driver’s vehicle and license plate using your phone or camera.
- Get medical help: Don’t delay getting medical attention if your injuries are severe or life-threatening. Even if you have minor injuries, you should still see a doctor.
- Keep all records of payments: Medical bills, repair shop quotes, and other expenses resulting from the accident fall under this category. Insurers require proof of these expenses.
- Contact a lawyer: A lawyer can assist in dealing with the insurance company, as they will be looking for ways to pay you less than you are owed.
Uber Accidents vs Other Vehicle Accidents
The circumstances of an Uber accident are similar to those of other vehicle accidents. For compensation for your injuries, you have to prove the Uber driver was negligent. These claims differ in several ways, such as:
- More complicated issues. An Uber accident may present more complicated issues, especially in terms of insurance. You may have difficulty determining whether Uber drivers’ policies or Uber company policies cover your injuries, or they may cover both.
- Several parties may be liable. It is usually only the negligent driver of a passenger vehicle who is liable for compensating you in an accident. You may also need to file a claim with three insurance companies if both drivers were negligent.
- Insurance coverage. In an accident involving a passenger vehicle, you may have much less insurance coverage. Uber provides $1,000,000 in liability coverage, so if you are injured in an Uber accident you can potentially pursue a claim under the driver’s insurance as well as Uber’s.
Eligible Uber Accident Injury Compensation
Lawyers get higher compensation than people who do not hire them. There is no doubt about it. Accident victims with attorneys receive an average of 3.5 times more compensation.
It is unlikely that Uber will make you a fair offer until you consult with a qualified Uber accident attorney. You might get compensation for:
- Additional therapy or other future treatments
- Lost wages as a result of time away from work
- Inability to perform certain services during recovery
- Considerable pain and suffering
What Happens if an Uber Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
Insurance is a legal requirement for all vehicles. Unfortunately, some drivers cancel their policies. Even drivers with expired licenses operate cars. People can find ways around the rules to become Uber drivers.
You may be faced with severe medical bills on your own if the Uber driver doesn’t have insurance. But there are other options available to you. We can go after Uber as long as the driver was working. We recommend that you speak to an attorney immediately if you have any questions regarding these cases.
Uber Accident Statistics to Know
Uber’s positive economic impact should be acknowledged, but the service has been controversial and has had a negative impact in other cities across the nation, where numbers have surfaced about its impact:
- Approximately 2-3% more traffic deaths have occurred in cities since Uber and similar apps were introduced, according to the University of Chicago.
- The result is that more than 1,100 people have been killed.
- More Uber drivers were involved in accidents in New York City than taxicab drivers.
Call an Uber Accident Attorney in Rome Today
If you have been injured in an accident involving a ridesharing service, medical treatment and property damage can be compensated through a personal injury claim. A lawsuit involving ridesharing is, however, more specialized than other accident lawsuits and a Rome Uber accident attorney at John Foy & Associates with specialized knowledge, skills, and experience in this field would be the best choice.
Count on us to get you the best compensation by filling out our online contact form or calling our office to schedule a no-cost, risk-free, confidential consultation.