Motorcycle accidents have a reputation for being some of the most devastating types of motor vehicle accidents you can be involved in. If you suffered critical or life-threatening injuries after being involved in a motorcycle crash, you may have the right to compensation for your suffering. Proving negligence and liability will be essential if you hope to get the most out of your clan.
With help from a compassionate North Decatur motorcycle accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates, you can fight for your rights. Schedule your free consultation today to learn more about what is next for your motorcycle accident insurance and civil claims.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in North Decatur
Establishing the cause of your motorcycle accident is essential if you hope to be awarded compensation for all of your losses. For many motorcycle accident victims, proving negligence and liability is one of the only ways to recover their damages.
Although motorcycle accidents can occur in virtually endless ways, there are some causes of motorcycle accidents we see more often in North Decatur. Here are some of the more common causes of motorcycle collisions:
- Hazardous road conditions – If potholes are unfilled, street signs are not replaced, traffic lights are not repaired, construction zones are not secured, or the roads are otherwise deemed unsafe for motorists and passengers alike, they can cause debilitating motorcycle accident injuries.
- Negligent driving – Any type of driving that is considered unsafe could be considered negligent. For instance, drunk driving, drugged driving, aggressive driving, road rage, speeding, following too closely, failure to use a turn signal, failure to yield, and breaking other traffic regulations are all examples of negligent driving.
- Dangerous or defective vehicle parts – Motor vehicle parts becoming faulty or malfunctioning is not uncommon. Some of the parts that frequently face recall include tires, airbag inflators, fuel systems, brakes, ignition switches, wiring systems, and more.
to find a John Foy office near you
Liability for North Decatur Motorcycle Accidents
Once your motorcycle accident lawyer in North Decatur, GA has a better understanding of how your motorcycle accident occurred, we will be able to identify the at-fault parties. Generally, the type of accident you were involved in will point your attorney in the direction of those responsible.
For instance, here are some of the parties who will be evaluated for liability if your motorcycle accident was caused by dangerous road conditions:
- Road construction workers
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Safety inspectors
- Government agencies
You May Be Able to Sue the Manufacturer
However, if your motorcycle accident was caused by a drunk driver, the motorist, social hosts, and dram shops could be evaluated for liability. If your motorcycle accident was caused by defective motor vehicle parts, there are countless parties who could share fault. Virtually anyone involved in the chain of distribution of these parts could share liability.
Some of these parties include:
- Safety inspector
- Auto parts designers
- Auto parts manufacturers
- Retailers and dealerships
- Maintenance techs
For many motorcycle accident claims, there are multiple parties found liable. Although this may complicate your case, it also increases your chances of recovering maximum compensation for your suffering.
North Decatur Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How the Motorcycle Accident Claims Process Works
Every motorcycle accident claim is different. Some people may be able to settle their motorcycle accident claims outside of court. Others will need to pursue the insurance company in civil claims to maximize the compensation they are awarded.
However, once you understand more about how the claims process works for motorcycle accidents, you may feel empowered instead of overwhelmed as we move forward. Here is a general idea of what you can expect once you make the decision to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer in North Decatur, GA:
- Your motorcycle accident attorney in North Decatur begins investigating how your motorcycle accident occurred
- We gather the evidence we need to prove negligence and liability in your case, such as photos of your injuries, statements from witnesses, and reports from accident reconstructionists
- We go over your damages to quantify non-economic losses and calculate the value of your motorcycle accident claim
- We determine whether you have the opportunity to file a claim with your own insurance company, the defendant’s insurance company, your worker’s compensation insurance provider, or another insurer
- We file your insurance claim and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- We bring your case to trial if the insurer is unwilling to settle or your insurance settlement does not sufficiently cover your motorcycle accident damages
How Insurance Claims Work After a Motorcycle Accident
One of the top ways motorcycle accident victims recover compensation for their damages is by filing an insurance claim. However, motorcyclists are at an increased risk of being taken advantage of by the insurance company. It is common for insurance companies to blame victims for causing their injuries.
In doing so, they may be able to escape financial liability. However, your attorney will be by your side every step of the way to ensure you are not taken advantage of during some of the most challenging times in your life.
It is also common for insurance adjusters to attempt to make lowball offers or deny you the compensation and benefits you are entitled to. For this reason, it is always a good idea to have your attorney handle the insurance company on your behalf.
Your lawyer can show the insurance company how seriously you are taking your case. With your North Decatur motorcycle accident attorney on your side, you can avoid being pressured into accepting a settlement that is significantly less than you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving North Decatur, call 404-400-4000
Get Help from a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in North Decatur Today
Pursuing the compensation you are entitled to after a motorcycle accident can be a tremendous undertaking. Fortunately, when you retain the legal services of a powerful North Decatur motorcycle accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates, you can rest easier.
You do not need to worry about the legal details of your case. Instead, you can focus on recuperating while we work tirelessly to bring the liable party to justice. Fill out our online contact form or call our office to schedule your free consultation today.