After suffering critical injuries in a bus accident in North Decatur, you may be left feeling overwhelmed, severely traumatized, and worried about your future. You do not need to let the financial strain and psychological distress of what you have been through take over your life.
Instead, contact a reputable North Decatur bus accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates for help. With our legal support on your side, you can demand justice and total compensation for your suffering. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more about what your next steps should be in the bus accident claims process.
Steps to Take After a Bus Accident in North Decatur
After you have been involved in a bus accident, your next steps will be critical. There are specific actions you need to take to protect yourself and begin building your bus accident lawsuit from the beginning. These steps include:
- Getting medical attention and following your physician’s treatment plan
- Obtaining evidence to support your case at the seat of the bus accident
- Contacting a bus accident attorney in North Decatur, GA, for help
Once you have reached out to your bus accident lawyer for help, we will handle all of the legal details surrounding your case. All you need to do is tell us your story. From there, we will open up an in-depth investigation into how your injuries occurred, who is responsible, and how to recover maximum compensation for your bus accident damages.
Get the strong arm
Possible At-Fault Parties for Your North Decatur Bus Accident Damages
It is difficult to say without having reviewed your case who is responsible for your injuries. However, you can expect your bus accident lawyer in North Decatur, GA, to thoroughly investigate. Generally, bus accidents occur due to dangerous road conditions, inclement weather, defective bus parts, and negligent driving.
However, no matter how your accident occurred, there may be multiple parties who could share the blame for your damages. Examples of parties who are frequently named in bus accident insurance and civil claims include:
- Negligent and irresponsible bus drivers
- Government agencies and municipalities responsible for maintaining the roads in North Decatur
- Road construction workers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Bus maintenance professionals
- Bus company safety inspectors
- The bus company and executives
- Other motorists and passengers on the roadways
- Bus part designers and manufacturers
These are only a few of the parties who could be responsible for causing your damages, depending on the circumstances of your bus accident claim. Your bus accident attorney will carefully evaluate the circumstances of your case to ensure all parties who contributed to your injuries are held accountable.
How Much Is Your Bus Accident Claim Worth?
To find out how much your bus accident damages are worth, your attorney will need to speak with you in detail about all of the ways your life has been affected by your bus accident damages and the accident itself. You might be interested in recovering compensation for your loss of income, your medical expenses, and perhaps the costs of your vehicle repairs.
However, you might be shocked to learn there are a wide variety of other damages you also have the right to recover. Such damages could include:
- Compensation for the emotional distress you experienced, including the psychological trauma of the accident, residual nightmares or insomnia, extreme anxiety and fear, and depression
- Restitution for your loss of income and ability to earn a living in the future, including potential retirement savings, paid time off, bonuses or salary increases, and other employee benefits
- Full coverage of your medical expenses, which is not limited to your hospital bills, and could also include transportation costs, medical equipment expenses, making accommodations to your home, ambulance bills, co-pays, and even covering the costs of your prescription medications
These are only a few of the different losses you may have the right to recover after your bus accident in North Decatur. You can find out more about how much your damages are worth when you go into detail with your lawyer about your bus accident losses.
Georgia Personal Injury Laws and Your North Decatur Bus Accident Lawsuit
There are several personal injury laws your bus accident lawyer may need to inform you of as we begin the claims process. Some of the most important ones you need to know include:
- The statute of limitations – The statute of limitations for personal injury and bus accident lawsuits is just two years under the law. If your personal injury claim is not filed before the deadline expires, the court system will be obligated to prohibit you from seeking compensation in civil court.
- Georgia shared fault laws – Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence system. If you are found more than 50% responsible for causing your injuries, you may lose your opportunity to recover compensation for your damages.
- How insurance works – When you are involved in any type of motor vehicle accident, you will file a claim with the liable party’s insurer as opposed to your own. However, if you purchased your own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, you may have the right to file a claim with your own insurer as well.
Meet with a North Decatur Bus Accident Attorney Today
Fighting for your rights is never easy, particularly when the liable party is unwilling to take ownership of their negligence and compensate you fairly. You can get help making them pay when you contact a dedicated north Decatur bus accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates.
Our firm will work diligently to prove negligence and liability so you can get the most out of your claim. Fill out our online contact form or call our office to schedule your no-cost, risk-free case review today.