Tropical Smoothie Café offers fresh smoothies, wraps, and sandwiches at 861 locations throughout the U.S. With a mission to inspire a healthier lifestyle through their unique smoothies and made-to-order food options, Tropical Smoothie Café encourages their customers to eat better so they can feel better.
Negligence at a Tropical Smoothie Café, however, can lead to potentially serious health problems for its customers. Business establishments have a duty of care to watch for and remedy hazards like wet floors or uneven pavement in the parking lot. If they neglect to do so, Tropical Smoothie Café can be held liable for your injuries if you slip and fall. This is called premises liability.
Slip and fall injuries can leave you unable to work, and when combined with medical bills for your treatments this can lead to real financial hardship. Thankfully, the experienced slip and fall attorneys at John Foy & Associates are here to help.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at one of the 37 Tropical Smoothie Café locations in Georgia, contact us today at (404) 400-4000 to discuss your options for financial compensation.
Tropical Smoothie Café Slip and Fall Compensation
If negligence contributed to your fall on Tropical Smoothie Café property you may be owed financial compensation. Your slip and fall lawyer will help you calculate the amount of compensation to seek. Factors to consider when coming up with this figure include:
- Cost of medication to treat your injuries
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency room bills
- Other medical expenses from doctor visits, therapy, and medical procedures
- Lost wages if you were unable to work during your recovery
- Lost earning potential if your injuries continue to prevent you from doing your job
- Emotional damage from pain and suffering
to find a John Foy office near you
Dangerous Conditions at Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Slip and fall hazards are any factors that could cause you to trip or lose your footing. These could include wet floors or objects left out in high traffic areas. Some things that could create a slip and fall hazard at Tropical Smoothie Café include:
- Freshly mopped floors
- Trash on the floor
- Spilled food or drink
- Tables or chairs blocking a walkway
- Shoes or umbrellas bringing in moisture on a rainy day
- Broken equipment or freezers
- Restroom or water fountain plumbing issues
- Dim lights from burned-out light bulbs
- Uneven parking lot or sidewalk pavement
Georgia Tropical Smoothie Cafe Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
After a Tropical Smoothie Café Slip and Fall Accident
Once your urgent medical needs are addressed, there are a few actions you can take to begin gathering evidence that could help your case.
- Take pictures of the area in the café where you fell to document the scene. Be sure to include the hazards that caused your fall before anyone has time to remedy the dangerous situation.
- Ask witnesses if they are willing to write down their recollection of your fall. Collect their names and contact information so you and your attorney can reach out to them later if needed.
- Photograph your injuries right away if there are visible signs such as a cut, bruise, or bleeding.
- Talk to the manager on duty to file an incident report. Ask for a copy of this report if one is not offered to you.
- Ask for a copy of the security camera video footage that may have recorded your fall.
- Visit your doctor as soon as you can so your injuries can be evaluated and treated. Save copies of your medical bills and reports.
Rules that Affect Your Georgia Slip and Fall Case
If your case goes to trial, the jury could decide that you are partially at fault for your accident. For example, you may have been looking at your cell phone while walking instead of paying attention to your surroundings. Because of Georgia’s modified comparative negligence rule, this could reduce or eliminate your damage award.
Every state has a law that dictates how much time can pass between the date of your accident and the date that you file your personal injury lawsuit. This is called the statute of limitations. In Georgia (Code § 9-3-33), the deadline to file your slip and fall claim against Tropical Smoothie Café is two years.
It is important to have an experienced Georgia slip and fall attorney on your side to help you navigate these legal complexities. John Foy & Associates e can negotiate on your behalf and make sure you meet your important legal deadlines.
For a free legal consultation with a tropical smoothie cafe slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Georgia, call 404-400-4000
Dedicated to Georgia Slip and Fall Victims
John Foy & Associates has been serving Georgia residents since 1999, exclusively representing injured parties who were victims of negligence. You do not have to fight Tropical Smoothie Café on your own!
We charge no up-front fees, and we do not get paid until we win your case. Call us today at (404) 400-4000 for your no-risk consultation. Associates are now available to take your call.