Panera Bread is a fast-casual restaurant and bakery that aims to serve nutritious and ethically sourced food to its customers. If you slip and fall in a Panera Bread you could experience serious injuries.
Your injuries from a slip and fall accident could range from minor cuts and bruises to a life-altering traumatic brain injury. Severe injuries can result in emotional hardships, mounting medical expenses, and lost wages if your injuries have left you unable to work.
Fortunately, John Foy & Associates can help you collect financial compensation for your slip and fall injuries. Our law firm devotes 100% of our practice representing clients who were injured due to negligent companies like Panera Bread. Call us at 404-260-2412 to discuss your no-obligation consultation.
More About Panera Bread
The restaurant that would become Panera Bread first opened in 1980 as a cookie shop in Boston. As the company grew and merged with other businesses it added pastries, bread, and eventually soups and sandwiches to become a bakery-café by the mid-90s. Today there are more than 2,300 Panera Bread locations throughout the U.S. and Canada offering dine-in, carry-out, and catering options.
to find a John Foy office near you
Panera Bread Slip and Fall Hazards
Anything that causes you to lose your footing or trip and fall is considered a slip and fall hazard. These dangerous conditions happen if Panera Bread employees and management are not vigilant about creating and maintaining a safe environment.
Potential slip and fall hazards at Panera Bread include:
- Wet floors — Panera Bread serves coffee, iced tea, and soda in self-serve containers and fountain machines. These machines could leak, or customers may spill their drinks on their way back to their seats.
- Trash on the floor — If employees are delayed in cleaning the floor or garbage bins are neglected to the point of overflowing, trash could wind up in your path causing you to fall.
- Food — If food is dropped onto the floor and is not cleaned up right away, it may be hard to spot and cause you to fall.
- Chairs in the walkways — Some of the seating in Panera Bread includes freestanding chairs. These chairs can become a hazard if you turn suddenly and find one left in your path by an employee or another customer.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
What to Do After You Slip and Fall in Panera Bread
If you slip and fall in a Panera Bread restaurant, call, or have somebody call 911 for emergency medical care. Your health and safety are your top priority.
If you decide to seek compensation from Panera Bread, take the following steps to help strengthen your case:
- Take photographs of obvious physical injuries caused by your fall.
- Take photographs of the hazard that caused you to fall and the location of your fall.
- Look around for security cameras that may have captured the incident and ask for a copy of the video.
- Report the incident and the hazard to the manager on duty. He or she should file an official incident report. Make sure you ask for a copy of this document if one is not readily available.
- Ask witnesses who can corroborate the specifics of your accident to write down their names and phone numbers so you or your legal team can contact them later.
- If Panera Bread gives you any documents to sign, review them carefully and have an attorney look them over. They may try to get you to admit to being at fault for a portion of your accident. Under Georgia law this could reduce the amount of compensation Panera Bread would have to pay to you.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney as soon as possible. Georgia’s statute of limitations gives you two years to file your slip and fall lawsuit. Your lawyer will help make sure you meet this important deadline. He or she will also want to investigate your accident before evidence and memories fade.
Slip and Fall Compensation at Panera Bread
You could be entitled to compensation from Panera Bread, depending on the injuries you sustained. Compensation can help pay for:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Lost earning potential and lost wages
- Mental anguish, pain, and suffering
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication
- Surgeries and other medical procedures
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Georgia, call 404-400-4000
Committed to Slip and Fall Victims
John Foy & Associates is here to help if you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a Panera Bread restaurant. You do not have to face Panera Bread alone. Our law firm has been fighting for its clients against negligent companies since 1999.
At John Foy & Associates we do not get paid until we win your case. There is no risk to you. Call us today at 404-260-2412 to find out more about what the Strong Arm can do for you.