Traffic signals are crucial for safe driving in Dunwoody. Drivers must obey all official traffic signs and signals. If someone ignores a signal and causes an accident, they’re responsible for the costs.
Drivers might disobey traffic signals because they’re distracted, reckless, or drunk. No matter the reason, you shouldn’t pay for someone else’s carelessness. Our Dunwoody car accident lawyers can help.
John Foy & Associates helps those injured by a failure to obey traffic signals. We know how to build strong cases. Our lawyers have been working with accident victims for over 20 years. Discuss your case during a FREE consultation by calling (404) 400-4000 or contacting us online.
We Hold Drivers Who Disobey Traffic Signals Responsible
All Dunwoody drivers have a legal duty towards each other. That duty includes following all traffic laws. According to Georgia Code §40-6-20:
- Drivers must obey all official traffic-control devices unless a police officer provides different instructions.
- Failure to obey traffic signals is a misdemeanor violation.
Ignoring traffic signals is careless behavior. If that action leads to an accident, the driver is at fault. As an accident victim, you have a right to recover your costs.
Our lawyers are on the side of accident victims. If another driver’s actions caused your injury, we’ll help fight for your rights. You will need to build a personal injury case to recover your costs—and we can handle each step for you.
Our process involves:
- Investigating the facts of your accident
- Getting copies of the police crash report
- Identifying who is at fault for the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Working with different experts to support your case
- Calculating your total damages
- Filing your claim with the driver’s insurance company
- Negotiating for the fullest settlement possible
- Taking the case to court (if necessary)
We’ll stop at nothing to pursue justice for injury victims. If the other driver injured you, it’s best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
to find a John Foy office near you
How Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Causes Accidents
Disregarding traffic signals puts everyone at risk. Unfortunately, it happens every day. A driver might ignore a traffic light because of:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving (like texting while driving)
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Speeding or being in a hurry
Many drivers will run red lights because they’re impatient. They’re hoping to make it through the intersection with no consequences. But running a red light can be deadly. Many intersection crashes happen because a driver ran a red light or stop sign.
Both drivers and pedestrians suffer serious injuries from these types of crashes. If a pedestrian gets hit, their injuries are often deadly.
Dunwoody Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How to Know if You Have a Personal Injury Case
You probably have a case if:
- The other person was careless
- The carelessness led to your accident
- You suffered injuries and damages from the accident
The driver responsible for your accident must cover the costs. If the driver has insurance, their insurance company should pay. You can file a personal injury claim to request money from the insurance company.
Car Accident Damages
Your damages are your losses from the accident. You might have damages like:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Vehicle or property damage
- Pain and suffering
Your injury claim should outline your damages and the amount of money you deserve. But it’s tough to build your claim alone. It’s best to contact an experienced lawyer for help.
With a car accident lawyer, you can understand your legal options and what you deserve. Your lawyer will look at all of the details. They’ll help you build the strongest case possible.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to obey traffic signals accidents lawyer serving Dunwoody, call 404-400-4000
No Upfront Costs
Many injured clients worry about the cost of a lawyer. This is entirely understandable, but we have good news. Our car accident lawyers only work on contingency. That means:
- There are no upfront costs to work with us.
- You don’t pay at all unless we win you compensation.
- Any legal fee comes from a successful case—not your pocket.
We’ll aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies if they give you trouble. Our lawyers do not settle quickly just to end a case. We fight for what you deserve.
Call today for a FREE consultation. To discuss your case now, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
Types of Traffic Signs and Signals
All drivers must obey traffic signals in Dunwoody. Georgia Code §40-6-21 covers what each traffic signal should mean to drivers.
Important signs and signals include:
- Round lights: green, yellow, and red
- Arrow lights: green, yellow, and red
- Guide signs, such as for rest stops, good, and gas
- Warning signs, such as for construction zones and railroad crossings
- Regulatory signs, such as for yielding, speed limits, and parking
Drivers ignore or disobey traffic signals for many reasons. But you shouldn’t have to pay for it. If a driver’s carelessness caused your accident, you have rights.
Actions to Take After the Accident
After your accident, start gathering information to show what happened:
- Call the police to report the accident
- Take pictures of the accident scene
- Get the names and contact information of witnesses
- Exchange information with the other driver
- Call for an ambulance if you need it
- Avoid talking about fault with the other driver
Contact a lawyer as soon as you can after the accident. Your lawyer will help you get additional information for your case. Also, don’t wait to see a doctor if you haven’t already.
The driver’s insurance company will look for ways to pay you less. If you don’t get medical care soon, they will use it against you. Be sure to see a doctor and document all of your costs.
Talk to a Dunwoody Car Accident Lawyer for Free Today
If another driver didn’t obey traffic signals and injured you, you aren’t alone. John Foy & Associates has helped countless clients in your situation win what they deserve. We have over 20 years of experience, and we know what to do.
Call today to discuss your case options. We’ll give you a free consultation with the best attorney for your needs.
Call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online to get started for FREE.