Most people prefer rideshare services and consider them a more convenient transportation method than traditional taxi companies. But with Uber and Lyft steadily gaining popularity, accidents involving rideshare services have also increased. This is because rideshare drivers are susceptible to causing or becoming victims of auto accidents like any other driver on the road. Besides, rideshare accident injuries can be fatal and hinder the victim from living a normal life.
If you or someone you love was injured in a rideshare accident caused by a negligent rideshare driver in Decatur, GA, you have a right to seek compensation. An experienced Decatur rideshare accident lawyer at John Foy can help you navigate the legal process and achieve a positive resolution to your claim. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with our legal team today.
What to Do After a Rideshare Collision in Decatur
Involving in an auto accident can be confusing, especially when riding in an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare app accident. However, as a passenger, there are critical steps to follow that let you gather evidence to support your claim, protect your legal rights, and increase your chances of a positive outcome. Immediately after a rideshare accident, follow these steps:
- Call the police: Contacting the police as soon as possible is critical after a rideshare accident to help you acquire documentation that shows who was at fault. In addition, the other party may deny the claim if you fail to call the police.
- Speak to witnesses: Get information from anyone who witnessed the accident while collecting their addresses and contact information to help testify if you file a rideshare accident claim.
- Take pictures of the scene: Take several photos of the accident scene and injuries you suffered. If you are unable to do so, find someone to take pictures on your behalf since it helps provide proof of the accident and damages after an accident.
- Seek medical attention: Whether you sustain severe or minor injuries, it is essential to consult a doctor as soon as possible after the rideshare accident. This helps determine the extent of your injuries and the settlement amount you should receive to cover your losses.
- Contact an experienced Decatur rideshare accident attorney: It is crucial to call a rideshare accident attorney in Decatur immediately after a rideshare accident caused by someone else. This ensures you receive comprehensive legal representation throughout the process of pursuing compensation.
Get the strong arm
Who Is Eligible to File an Injury Claim for a Rideshare Accident?
Several people might be injured after a Decatur rideshare accident and require medication. In addition, a crash may result in property damage and other losses. Typically, Georgia law allows anyone injured in a rideshare accident caused by someone else to pursue an injury claim. A plaintiff could include:
- A rideshare driver
- A passenger in a rideshare vehicle
- A pedestrian
- A driver or passenger of another vehicle
Decatur Rideshare Accident Injuries that Qualify for a Claim
Like any motor vehicle accident, rideshare collisions may cause multiple life-threatening injuries to the driver, passenger, or other road users. Some common Decatur rideshare accidents that qualify for a compensation claim in Georgia include:
- Head or neck injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones, fractures, and joint damage
- Eye injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
You can sustain serious injuries in a rideshare accident or lose a loved one due to the rideshare driver’s fault. In this situation, it is essential to hire a reputable lawyer to help you file a wrongful death claim. At John Foy, we have a skilled legal team dedicated to representing families who lose a loved one in a rideshare accident caused by someone else. Contact us and let a Decatur rideshare accident lawyer help you.
Determining Liability in a Rideshare Accident in Decatur, GA
In Georgia, whoever caused the crash through negligence, recklessness, or careless act is held liable for the losses and damage other people experience. The driver is often responsible based on the situation. For instance, a rideshare passenger can be liable if the individual’s irresponsibility contributed or led to the accident, such as being out of control due to drug or alcohol use.
The rideshare service provider could be held liable if an unsafe driver is allowed to pick up rideshare passengers. At John Foy, we can help you prove the liability of the defendant after a rideshare collision by providing evidence that holds the other party accountable:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed a duty of care at the time of the accident.
- Breach of duty of care: The defendant breached their duty of care and caused the accident.
- Causation: Careless or negligent conduct of the defendant caused the collision that injured you or damaged your property.
- Damages: The accident resulted in recoverable damages.
Recoverable Compensation in a Decatur Rideshare Accident
Injuries suffered in a rideshare crash deserve compensation, helping injured victims to cover various costs associated with medical treatment. Georgia law allows various damages to be awarded to victims of rideshare accidents caused by someone else’s fault. Recoverable damages include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Chiropractor costs
- Wrongful death benefits
You can also pursue punitive damages in addition to the economic and non-economic damages you receive for a rideshare accident. This often occurs when an accident happens due to the rideshare driver’s reckless and aggressive behavior, prompting the judge to order punitive damages. A John Foy rideshare accident lawyer in Decatur can help provide proof to help you receive punitive damages.
Contact an Experienced Decatur Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
If you suffer an injury as a passenger on an Uber or Lyft rideshare caused by someone else, you deserve to get compensated for all your damages and losses. At John Foy, we have an experienced rideshare accident lawyer who can help with your claim, ensuring you receive a maximum reward to cover all your losses. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with us today.
404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form