If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident in Macon, you should talk to a lawyer right away—even if your injuries seem minor. Those minor injuries can turn into painful, long-term conditions needing months of expensive treatment and physical therapy. And a major accident can leave you with hundreds of thousands of thousands of dollars in medical bills. You don’t have to pay for an auto accident you didn’t cause. A Macon car accident lawyer can help you get the money you deserve.
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve been helping car accident victims for over two decades. We began as a small law office with a simple idea: accident victims deserve affordable legal representation, so they can get the largest financial recovery possible. Since then, we have helped thousands of accident victims get the money they need to pay for treatment and avoid falling into medical debt. We’d like to give you a free, no obligation consultation to explain how we can help you too. Call us at 478-217-7042 and get your free consultation today.
What can a Macon car accident lawyer do for me?
After a car accident, you may receive a call from the other driver’s insurance company. The insurance agent will probably sound friendly and sympathetic, and this may lead you to believe that the insurance company has your best interest at heart and will handle everything. Nothing could be further from the truth. Insurance companies are out to make a profit, and they do this by paying out as little as possible after an accident. The money the insurance company offers may not be nearly enough to cover your initial medical bills, let alone the cost of long-term treatment. Insurance company tactics include:
- Asking you “friendly” questions about your injuries and how you’re feeling. They then use your answers against you when processing your claim.
- Offering you money as soon as you report the accident. They hope you’ll take this quick cash before you have a chance to find out the true extent of your injuries and their long-term cost. If you accept this money, you sign away your right to recover anything else.
- Delaying processing your claim. They may wait months before doing anything, hoping that you’ll grow desperate and take anything they eventually offer.
- Blaming you for the accident to avoid paying anything; or claiming your injuries aren’t as serious as you say they are.
Without a lawyer, it’s hard to recognize these tricks and fight against them. Insurance companies have plenty of lawyers and trained representatives, and most accident victims have never had to deal with a situation like this before. This puts you at a disadvantage unless you have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. Sometimes, the insurance company will immediately offer more money as soon as they see you’ve hired a lawyer.
What kinds of costs can I win in a car accident case in Macon?
In Macon-Bibb County, you can recover just about every expense you can think of, plus additional damages in certain cases. We commonly recover these types of costs for our clients:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of prescription drugs
- The cost of fixing your car or buying a replacement
- The cost of the time you lost from work because of the accident
When an accident is especially serious, you may be entitled to recover even more. This may happen if you are facing a permanent disability, severe ongoing pain, or the loss of a close family member. In these cases, we know that money can’t begin to make up for what you’ve lost. But we also know that it can make it far easier to get the care and treatment you need and begin rebuilding your life.
How can I tell if I have a car accident case?
The short answer is, you can’t, unless you discuss your case with a professional. Many people come into our office thinking their injuries aren’t serious enough to make a claim. Or they’ve convinced themselves that they must have done something wrong, or that the accident was just “one of those things.” Legally, however, accidents don’t just happen. Chances are, someone was careless, or wasn’t paying attention, or broke a law. We call this “negligence.” When someone was negligent, you have a right to financial recovery.
We have won money for our clients in all types of auto accidents:
- Head on crashes
- Rear end accidents
- “T-bone” collisions
- Accidents involving hazardous roads or bad weather
- Distracted driving accidents
- DUI accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tires or other defective parts
- Accidents involving whiplash
You may be entitled to a financial recovery even if you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident, or if the other driver didn’t have insurance.
Will I have to sue somebody?
Not usually. Once in a while, an insurance company won’t negotiate. When that happens, we will explain your options and give you our honest opinion about the likelihood of winning in the local courts. If you decide to file a case in court, our litigation team will be with you all the way.
Most of the time, we are able to negotiate with the insurance company and resolve your claim without having to go to court. We can do this because we begin every case with a thorough investigation. We look at police reports, witness statements and medical evaluations to understand exactly what caused your accident and what you will need to make as full a recovery as possible. Once the insurance company sees our evidence and evaluation, they usually make a fair offer.
How do I find the best Macon car accident lawyer near me?
Many people think that any lawyer can handle any kind of case, but lawyers are like doctors: they tend to focus on one specific field. Just as you don’t want a foot doctor for a heart attack, you need a personal injury lawyer after a car accident. To find the best personal injury lawyer for your case, look for these qualities:
- Experience. An experienced lawyer knows how to build a case and present it to insurance companies. Experienced lawyers have connections with medical specialists and accident experts who can help make your claim stronger.
- Represents accident victims exclusively. A law firm that focuses only on helping accident victims is more likely to take an aggressive stance against insurance companies.
- Doesn’t charge up-front fees. Medical bills can pile up quickly after an accident, and you shouldn’t have to worry about legal fees too. Look for a lawyer who won’t charge you unless you win money. Legal fees should be taken out of the money you get from the insurance company.
It’s important to consult with a lawyer as soon as you can after your accident. The sooner your lawyer begins building your case, the sooner you’ll get the money you need to pay for your recovery.
Talk to a Macon Car Accident Lawyer for Free
You should never have to bear the cost of a car accident that wasn’t your fault. At John Foy & Associates, we are committed to getting you the financial recovery you deserve. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we’ll go over your case and explain your options. Call us at 478-217-7042 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.