Trucking accidents are known to produce devastating consequences, including debilitating injuries, excruciating pain, and astronomical medical expenses that can forever impact your life. However, if this accident was due to another person’s wrongful actions, you should not have to deal with all these catastrophic consequences on your own.
That is why following a South Fulton trucking accident, you should reach out to a skilled and knowledgeable accident attorney as soon as possible. These experienced legal professionals are here and ready to help you fight for the financial recovery you are entitled to and the justice you deserve.
Proving Negligence Following a South Fulton Trucking Accident
Before you can recover money after a trucking crash, you first need to show that another person was responsible for your accident and injuries, either through their negligent actions, intentional actions, or recklessness.
However, to prove negligence, you have to show that the liable party not only acted in a way that puts another individual at risk of harm because they failed to exercise a reasonable standard of care, but you also need to establish the following elements of negligence:
- The liable party had a duty of care to be reasonably careful
- The liable party breached this duty of care
- This breach resulted in significant injuries
- These injuries resulted in substantial monetary losses
Due to the complexity of proving fault following a South Fulton trucking accident, it is recommended you reach out to an experienced South Fulton trucking accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident. A truck accident lawyer in South Fulton can take over this investigation process for you and secure the evidence needed to demonstrate each of these elements, helping you prove that another party was liable for your South Fulton trucking accident.
to find a John Foy office near you
Which Parties Can You Hold Responsible for a South Fulton Trucking Accident?
In general, when it comes to a trucking accident, there can be numerous parties found responsible for the accident, including those who were not even present at the crash scene at the time of the accident. These parties include:
- The at-fault truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck’s owner
- Manufacturers of the truck or its parts
- The truck’s mechanics, who were responsible for maintaining the truck
- The cargo company in charge of loading and securing the cargo in the truck
- Governmental agencies responsible for road design and maintenance
- Other negligent parties who contributed to the accident, such as other motor vehicle drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists
Yet, if you have been involved in a South Fulton trucking accident, and it is not clear who was responsible for your collision, it may be in your best interest to contact a skilled South Fulton truck accident attorney as soon as you can. South Fulton truck accident lawyers can not only perform their own independent investigation into your collision, but they can also help you determine who was responsible for your injuries and ensure that all those liable for the accident are held accountable for the losses and harm you endured.
South Fulton Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Compensation You Can Pursue Following a South Fulton Trucking Accident
If you were seriously injured in a South Fulton trucking accident because of another person’s wrongful actions, you may be eligible to obtain financial damages for the losses and harm you sustained. In Georgia, this generally includes both economic and non-economic damages, which refer to compensation for the following losses:
- Past and current medical expenses related to the accident, such as doctor visits, hospital stay, surgeries, prescription medications, and assistive medical devices
- Future ongoing medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Personal property damages, including replacement costs and repair expenses
- Emotional anguish
- Reputation loss
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Loss of compassion
However, because these damages include both easily measurable and hard-to-prove losses, it is crucial to work with a knowledgeable South Fulton trucking accident attorney following your accident. These attorneys can determine which of these damages you may be able to pursue, make sure to prepare the strongest legal case on your behalf, and help you fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
How an Experienced South Fulton Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help Fight for the Justice You Deserve
Proving what happened and who was at fault for your South Fulton truck accident is not easy. It often requires a thorough understanding of the state laws, the ability to obtain detailed evidence, and prepare strong legal arguments proving your case.
Yet, after this tragic collision, you already have enough on your plate. The last thing you want to worry about is tackling this complex legal claim on your own. Thankfully, with an experienced trucking accident attorney in South Fulton on your side, you will not have to.
These lawyers can:
- Evaluate your legal claim, figure out if you have a viable legal case, and determine what legal options you can pursue.
- Thoroughly investigate the incident and secure the evidence needed to show what happened and who was responsible for the crash.
- Ensure that legal motions and documents are prepared correctly and filed with the court before time expires.
- Retain experts to help validate your case, including accident reconstructionists, doctors, economists, and engineers.
- Handle all the discussions and negotiations with the other side and go after a just settlement offer.
- Proceed to trial if the other side is not willing to negotiate fairly and fight for a successful resolution to your case.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving South Fulton, call 404-400-4000
Contact John Foy & Associates Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a South Fulton trucking crash, do not wait to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact John Foy & Associates today for a free case consultation and let our lawyers show you how we can help you fight for your rights and the outcome you need.