Have you or a loved one been involved in a crash with a truck or semi in Covington? The experienced Covington truck accident lawyers at John Foy & Associates are dedicated to helping you receive the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover. Whether you have medical care, lost wages, or other expenses, our skilled attorneys will guide you through your case, from start to finish.
We are known as The Strong Arm across Georgia, and our lawyers have recovered over $1 billion in jury awards and settlements over the past 20 years for our clients. Call or contact our office today to discuss your case, learn about your options, and schedule a free consultation.
Our Covington Truck Accident Attorneys Work to Protect Your Rights
Big rigs pose a significant risk to motorists because their large size and heavy loads make it difficult to navigate highway traffic in the Covington area. With thick traffic congestion on multiple lanes, one careless move from a truck driver can affect many drivers in seconds, resulting in possibly devastating personal injuries.
When you or a loved one is involved in a truck accident in Covington, depend on John Foy & Associates to help you receive the maximum amount you are entitled to in a claim or settlement. Our Covington truck accident lawyers work to protect your rights and those of your family in these types of cases:
- Rollover truck accidents: Poorly distributed loads and shifting cargo can cause a truck to roll onto other vehicles.
- Side impact truck accidents: Also called t-bone crashes, these mostly occur within intersections.
- No-zone truck accidents: Large trucks have “no-zones,” areas of significant blind spots behind, beside, and in front of the truck. If a motorist is caught in these no-zones, a rear-end or sideswipe accident can occur.
- Head-on truck accidents: Local interstates and major highways, such as those around Covington, are common sites for these accidents.
- Underride truck accidents: If a vehicle crashes into the back of a truck, it can go completely underneath unless special guards have been installed.
- Jackknife truck accidents: Poor road conditions, extreme weather, and heavy traffic can cause a truck driver to slam their brakes, causing the trailer to ride alongside the truck. This puts vehicles all around the truck in significant danger.
to find a John Foy office near you
Truck Accidents Must Be Litigated Different from Car Accidents
While every accident has the potential to cause serious personal injuries, truck accidents in the Covington area have a much higher chance of truly devastating harm and loss. A passenger vehicle is no match for a fully loaded semi-truck and trailer weighing as much as 80,000 pounds. Commercial trucks also bring other risks, such as:
- Trucks are more difficult to maneuver in tight spaces and make turns in places such as parking lots or narrow roads.
- In heavy Covington traffic, drivers often have to make unexpected sharp turns or brake suddenly to avoid collisions with other vehicles.
- Commercial trucks are much harder to handle during bad road conditions, such as construction or heavy rain.
- Many trucks in this area carry dangerous cargo marked with a hazard or flammable sign, and these loads pose a risk for the entire community when a truck accident occurs on busy highways.
Although most truck drivers are well-trained and carefully obey the law, even these professionals can make mistakes. Long hours of driving with little time to rest allows fatigue to play a role in causing potentially catastrophic errors in judgment and commercial truck driver reaction to unexpected circumstances.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports many factors that contribute to truck accidents. Failing to maintain the truck properly, driving while distracted by texting or social media, driving while impaired, and speeding can all create risks for truck accidents. When any of these factors play a part in an accident, the driver and the trucking company can be held accountable for damages and loss to other individuals.
Covington Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Feel Secure With an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Covington on Your Side
Newton County follows Georgia law, which empowers truck accident victims to receive full financial recovery for injuries and loss of wages. Dealing with insurance companies can be very challenging for the individual, and that’s where John Foy & Associates can help.
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, which means they will pay you as little as possible to ensure they have a bigger bottom line. This could result in difficulties recovering your costs from a truck accident unless you know how to work with them.
Our truck accident attorneys in Covington are extensively experienced in working with insurers and trucking companies. We are The Strong Arm in Georgia, negotiating forcefully with insurance representatives to get you the maximum amount you need and are entitled so you can recover from your injuries. Whether we are working out a settlement or taking your case to court, our main goal is to acquire the full compensation available for you.
Some common types of compensation available from a truck accident lawsuit or trucking company insurance claim are:
- Repayment for lost job wages and future income due to ongoing injury or impairment
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses and care
- Repair or replacement costs for your vehicle
- Compensation for scars or disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, pain, and suffering resulting from your injuries
We Take the Worry Out of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer in Covington
At John Foy & Associates, our entire practice is focused on helping truck accident victims. You should pay nothing out of pocket to use a truck accident attorney, so we make it easy to hire a Covington truck accident lawyer without worrying about the costs. We have a fee system designed to give you the help you need during this difficult time:
- There is no cost to consult with us.
- You pay nothing out of pocket.
- You only pay if we win your case.
You keep the majority of the jury award or settlement when we win. We deduct only a small portion that covers our fees.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Covington, call 404-400-4000
Call Today for a Free Consultation With a Covington Truck Accident Lawyer
With a reputation as The Strong Arm throughout Georgia, we aggressively negotiate with insurance companies, truck drivers, and trucking companies to ensure the maximum award or settlement for you. Rest easy knowing that you pay nothing unless our Covington truck accident attorneys win for you.
Georgia has important deadlines for filing truck accident claims, so you must act quickly. The attorneys at John Foy & Associates stand ready to help you. Call or contact us online to request a free consultation now.