Did you suffer a car accident, fall from heights, work-related injury, or another tragic accident that left you with significant bank injuries? If so, you may be worried about what the future holds. As some of the most complicated personal injury cases, it is critical that you have a well-recognized, experienced Smyrna back and spinal cord injury lawyer available to you before you try to seek compensation for your losses.
The personal injury attorney at John Foy & Associates is committed to helping you. These cases often involve serious financial loss, long-term pain and injury, and loss of quality of life. Let our professionals support and guide you now.
Set up a consultation with us for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. We can provide you with very specific insight into your legal rights.
Why Spinal Cord Injuries Are so Worrisome
Working with a back and spinal cord injury lawyer in Smyrna, GA, is critical if you are facing a case like this. The reason is simple – these cases often have significant losses and damage that can last a lifetime. Spinal cord injuries can impact every facet of your life.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are several types of spinal cord injuries that can occur. We work with people facing challenges from any and all of the following:
- Complete injury: This occurs when a person loses all or almost all of the feeling and movement below the injury site.
- Incomplete injuries: In these situations, a person may have some sensory function and motor functionality, but they have significant compromises as well.
For those who have paralysis of any level, this can mean a significant change in your life. We work with people who have all levels of paralysis as well, including:
- Paraplegia: This occurs when a person’s torso, legs, and pelvic organs are impacted.
- Tetraplegia or quadriplegia: This term describes a situation where a person’s arms, legs, hands, torso, and pelvic organs are impacted
How Spinal Cord Injuries Present
These injuries typically carry long-term, serious consequences. Your spinal cord injury could present itself in multiple ways with various signs. Some of the most common include:
- Exaggerated muscle spasms
- Loss of sensation in any area of the body
- Loss of movement in any area of the body
- Limited or loss of control over bowel movements and bladder function
- Difficulty with breathing
- Changes in or a lack of sexual function
- Neck and back pain and limited functionality
- Tingling or sense of numbness in the hands, arms, or other extremities
- Inability to walk or maintain balance
Get the strong arm
Common Causes of Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
Numerous accidents can cause spinal cord and back injuries. Our attorneys have helped people with a wide range of instances. Consider a few of the most common causes of these incidents:
- Car accidents
- Bike or motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Falls from heights
- Assault cases
- Personal injury
- Other acts of violence
- Medical or surgical errors
- Sports-related injuries
What happened in your case? Our back and spinal cord injury attorney in Smyrna, GA, wants to help you. Allow our team to work with you to determine who is at fault in your case as well as what legal rights you may have to compensation.
Seeking Compensation for Your Losses
Our Smyrna back and spinal cord injury attorney works closely with our clients to manage these types of tragic incidents. We want you to focus on healing and allow our team to handle the insurance companies and other complications. We can help you in several ways:
Determine Who Is to Blame
Whether you were hurt at work due to the negligence of a driver or due to incompetence by another party, a big part of our goal is to determine who is at fault. This then allows our legal team to pursue compensation for the losses you have.
Determine What All of Your Losses Are
One of the most complex components of your accident claim is this one. Determining what your losses are is often hard because there are many components to consider including your current medical bills but also the future impact that this incident can have on your life. Some of the types of damages that you may be eligible for include:
- Medical bills right after the accident
- Ongoing hospital stay and treatment costs
- Medications and procedure costs
- Ongoing physical therapy and recovery services
- Pain management services
- Mobility changes often include the need for wheelchairs or supportive devices
- Costs related to the modification of your home
- Lost time at work
- Loss of ability to engage in work
- Loss of quality of life
We also look at factors like how this incident is going to impact your ability to obtain a career, engage in activities you love, or even get back into the hobbies you have. Many people also struggle with emotional distress and depression after these incidents.
Pursue Compensation on Your Behalf
Once we evaluate your situation and losses, our back and spinal cord injury attorney will then work to file a claim with the insurance company. Our goal is simply to help you to obtain the most compensation possible in your case. To do that, we will negotiate on your behalf, and if the insurance company is not willing to be fair, we will take them to court for you.
When that is necessary, we stand by your side throughout the entire legal process, ensuring you can continue to focus on your healing and recovery.
Set Up a Free Consultation to Speak to Our Attorney Today
Our Smyrna back and spinal cord injury lawyer is committed to working with you to provide you with hands-on support as you pursue compensation for your losses. Your life may be very different right now due to no fault of your own. Our goal is to do everything we can to help support your best life.
Reach out to us now to get that started with a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day to provide you with guidance and support after an accident occurs.
Set up a free consultation today. There is no obligation to work with us and nothing to pay if you do not win your case.