Ridesharing companies have increasingly been involved in car accidents in the Savannah area since entering the market. Despite being so new, ridesharing can still pose a challenge in adequately compensating victims of accidents involving these vehicles.
In addition, the avenues for recovery can vary based on the specifics of each case. If you were involved in a collision with an off-duty rideshare driver, you might have different rights than a driver. Such claims can become extremely complicated.
John Foy & Associates can represent you inside and outside the courtroom in a rideshare accident case. If you enlist the help of an experienced Savannah rideshare accident lawyer, you can rest assured that your interests and rights are protected.
Contact a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Savannah for Help
The laws governing rideshares are relatively new, making personal injury cases involving them difficult. It is possible to build a winning legal strategy for your case with the help of a rideshare accident attorney in Savannah. It can be stressful and challenging to deal with insurance companies representing rideshare companies. The at-fault driver’s insurance company settles your claim in a regular car accident.
There could be complications in rideshare accidents if the driver was at fault or not on duty. If you are handling your case on your own, finding out who will pay out your claim can be confusing.
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, you should contact a Savannah rideshare accident attorney right away. When it matters most, you will want a driven and inspired lawyer to fight for you. Your claim will have a high chance of success if the team finds the evidence and legal reasons required.
How to Move Forward After a Rideshare Accident in Savannah
You should take steps if you are involved in an accident with a rideshare driver, either as a passenger or as a pedestrian struck by a rideshare vehicle. Generally, rideshare accidents are no different than any other accident. In this case, you will want to know whether the driver was using the app while on the clock or not.
The taxi company’s insurance policy usually covers taxi drivers, but rideshare drivers are often independent contractors. Following a car accident can be scary and confusing, but these steps can help:
- Get emergency assistance: If someone has been injured, this is the most important step they can take to get the quickest medical treatment. To prepare the police report, an officer will arrive at the scene to identify the details of the accident.
- Consult a physician: Other minor injuries can worsen slowly if not treated, and some injuries do not manifest themselves for days after being injured. After a car accident, seeing a doctor is always a good idea and, for your accident claim, keep documentation of your injuries, medical treatment, and medical expenses.
- Get the contact details of everyone involved: Get as much information as possible from the other driver and any other passengers. This information will be collected by the police if you can’t go due to your injury.
- Make notes and take photos: You can take photos and write down details of the accident if you can do so safely. Record what time it was, what speed you were traveling, where you were going, where the other driver was going, and approximately how fast he or she was traveling, as well as how long it took the police to arrive.
- Inform your insurance provider: Do not admit fault and do not give a written statement or record a statement without consulting with a personal injury accident lawyer first.
Uber Accidents vs. Lyft Accidents – Are They the Same?
Accidents involving Uber and Lyft are more complicated than those involving personal vehicles. Because rideshare drivers are independent contractors, determining liability can be challenging.
Uber or Lyft may dispute their responsibility for an accident depending on the circumstances surrounding it. In an accident in which the ridesharing driver was not carrying any passengers, the company may not be held responsible for any property damage or injury.
In addition to the insurance coverage provided by the company, rideshare drivers are required to carry personal insurance coverage. The driver’s insurance applies only if the accident occurs while the driver is not transporting or picking up passengers.
to find a John Foy office near you
Eligible Rideshare Accident Injury Compensation
It can be difficult to determine who to blame for these accidents. Depending on the circumstances, liability may shift.
Rideshare drivers must carry insurance. To work for a rideshare company, drivers must have their insurance. In addition, a driver is covered by a liability policy if an accident occurs while driving for the company.
If a driver’s app is activated, liability shifts accordingly. It is tough to determine which insurance company to file a claim with, but both Uber and Lyft have insurance policies designed to help cover victims’ expenses.
Depending on who is at fault, liability may also differ. A claim could be filed against the other driver’s insurance if an Uber passenger is hit by another car. To determine liability, a Savannah rideshare accident lawyer will look at the specific facts of the case.
Savannah Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 912-400-4000
Uninsured Rideshare Drivers in Savannah
The liability insurance policy in place at the time of your accident may compensate for the damages you sustained due to a rideshare accident in Savannah.
A rideshare company’s large liability policy will cover your injuries, expenses, and other damages. Rideshare provides either contingent liability insurance coverage or primary liability insurance coverage for their drivers throughout the entire ride, which means an insurance policy is in place at every stage of the ride.
Rideshare Accident Statistics – It’s Not Always Safe
- Based on Uber’s 2019 Safety Report, 0.57 per million vehicle miles traveled in 2018 resulted in fatal accidents involving Uber vehicles.
- The fatal motor vehicle accident rate is 1.13 per million vehicle miles traveled.
- Rideshare services contributed to a 2 to 3 percent increase in traffic fatalities in the United States between 2011 and 2018.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Savannah, call 912-400-4000
Call a Savannah Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
No matter how the accident occurred, you are entitled to compensation for the injuries you sustained due to someone else’s actions.
Rideshare companies are liable if the driver’s insurance policy does not adequately reimburse you for medical expenses and other associated costs if you were a passenger, pedestrian, or another driver on the roadway. Contact John Foy & Associates today if you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident. Experienced personal injury attorneys know how stressful and overwhelming it can be to recover from injury.