Car accidents are incredibly stressful experiences. While no one ever expects to end up in a vehicle accident, the fact is they happen more frequently than we would like, and, in some cases, severe and long-term injuries ranging from paralysis to death can be the outcome.
When we get behind the wheel of a vehicle or get in a car with another driver, we don’t expect to get into an accident. But when it does happen, a Rome uninsured motorist accident lawyer can help us piece together whether the driver’s insurance provider will cover the accident and compensate the losses.
What to Do After an Uninsured Motorist Accident
If you have experienced an uninsured motorist accident, you might feel as if there are very few options. But this is where an uninsured motorist accident lawyer in Rome can help. Taking the following six steps in an uninsured motorist accident can help eliminate a lot of roadblocks along the way:
- Get medical attention immediately. After an accident, serious injuries can be hidden by a major adrenaline rush. Go to the nearest urgent care facility for an evaluation and avoid putting it off.
- File a report of the traffic accident to the proper authorities, including the police. You may not feel like filing a report of the accident with the local police, especially not, if the driver pleads with you not to do so. Failing to file a police report properly and immediately could prevent you from getting the compensation you need and make it difficult to prove that an accident happened.
- Make sure to collect evidence of the vehicle accident at the scene. Take pictures of the damaged vehicle, both the other drivers and yours. Having pictures from the scene can help to prove an accident and determine the cause of the accident in some cases.
- Don’t accept liability. Accepting full or partial liability for the accident can be hurtful to your accident claim and cause the process of getting compensated for damages to take longer. Instead of accepting liability, answer questions from the police, fire department, or other local officials honestly but do not incriminate yourself.
- Contact your insurance company and healthcare provider. It is important not to waste time contacting your insurance company and your healthcare provider or primary care physician, especially if you sustained injuries as a result of the accident. Specifically, when dealing with your insurance company, it is important to get your attorney involved at that point and let them help you through the claims process as much as possible.
- Get a Rome uninsured motorist accident lawyer. Now is the time to ensure you have an uninsured motorist accident attorney in Rome on your side who understands your case and gives valuable information to help you throughout the process. In addition, a Rome uninsured motorist accident lawyer can review your insurance policies and ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Don’t walk away from an accident without knowing the opportunity for compensation for your injuries, and following the steps above which will help you faster in the long run.
Get the strong arm
When to Obtain a Rome Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in an uninsured motorist accident, a good lawyer can help you obtain full compensation to cover damages, pain, distress, and injuries. There are a couple of situations that could involve uninsured motorist cases. Some of these include:
- Drivers who allow their insurance to lapse or who cannot afford to buy insurance. According to the Financial Responsibility and Insurance Committee of the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators, 82% of uninsured drivers don’t have a vehicle that is operable or simply cannot afford to purchase insurance. As of 2019, according to the Insurance Information Institute, nearly 13% of drivers remain uninsured.
- Hit-and-run accidents. If you are injured or damaged by someone who committed a hit-and-run and you were not able to capture the identification of the person or get their license plate information, you will more than likely need to use uninsured motorist coverage. If you are injured in this type of car accident, you would want a lawyer to assist you with your case and be the intermediate person between you and your insurance company.
- People driving someone else’s vehicle without permission. Sometimes, vehicles are stolen, or someone is driving another person’s vehicle without their knowledge or permission and without being on their insurance policy. Depending on the scenario, having a lawyer who can assist you in verifying coverage of the other driver can be very useful when you end up needing to use your uninsured motorist coverage.
If you are the victim of any of the previously mentioned types of situations involving uninsured motorists, you might have the right to financial compensation. Find out whether you have the opportunity to pursue your case by contacting an uninsured motorist accident attorney in Rome.
What Is Uninsured Motorist Accident Coverage?
Uninsured motorist accident coverage is a section in an automotive insurance policy that operates as a substitute when the policyholder is in an accident with another driver who does not have an auto insurance policy. The policyholder can send their auto accident claim to the insurance company and be compensated for damages. In Georgia, uninsured motorist coverage is not mandatory as it is in some other states.
Call a Rome Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Today
The process of recovering compensation after an uninsured motorist accident can be lengthy and frustrating. But the dedicated Rome attorneys at John Foy & Associates are committed to advocating for your rights and getting the right compensation. When you are ready to get started on your uninsured motorist accident case, fill out our online contact form or call our office to schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation.