When you have suffered critical injuries in a bus accident, the thought of dealing with an insurance company or going to court can seem like too much to handle. You should be able to recuperate without the burden of a legal case.
However, if you hope to recover the compensation you deserve, pursuing legal action now may be in your best interests. Reach out to an experienced Milton bus accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates for a free consultation today and get a professional working on your case.
Types of Bus Accidents You Can Sue For
Bus accidents can take multiple forms. After your collision, you may not be sure what your rights are and whether you have the opportunity to sue. Some examples of bus accidents you may be able to sue for include:
- Bus versus pedestrian accidents
- School bus accidents
- Bus versus car accidents
- Public transportation bus accidents
- Bus versus motorcycle accidents
- Shuttle bus accidents
- Bus versus bicycle accidents
- Intercity bus accidents
- Bus versus commercial truck accidents
- Passenger van accidents
If you were involved in another type of accident involving a bus, you may still have the right to sue. Your right to sue will be based on the severity of your injuries and the impact or injuries that have on your life. Traditionally, the more impactful your injuries, the more you can expect to be awarded.
Your Milton bus accident attorney will also need to show that someone else’s negligence or misconduct is the cause of your injuries. A thorough investigation into the liability in your case will uncover the truth.
to find a John Foy office near you
Common Bus Accident Injuries in Milton
There are countless types of injuries you could sustain following a bus accident in Milton. Although the type of injury you were diagnosed with will not determine whether you have the right to file a lawsuit, there are some types of injuries that you may be able to sue for more often than others.
Some examples of bus accident injuries include:
- Emotional injuries, including the development of a panic disorder, agoraphobia, depression, anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, nightmares, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), flashbacks, extreme weight loss or gain, and other signs of trauma
- Compound fractures and broken bones, loss of limbs, spinal cord injuries, broken vertebrae, paralysis, quadriplegia, tetraplegia, hemiplegia, monoplegia, and soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries, including diffuse axonal injuries, concussion, hemorrhage, stroke, penetrating brain injuries, closed brain injuries, hematoma, and second impact syndrome
These are only a few of the different injuries you may have sustained following a collision with a bus in Milton. If you are dealing with another type of injury we did not include above, you may still have the right to pursue compensation for your suffering. With help from a Milton, GA bus accident attorney, you could get justice.
Milton Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How a Milton Bus Accident Attorney Can Help You
After everything you have been through after your bus accident in Milton, an experienced personal injury attorney at John Foy & Associates may be able to help. Focus on recovering while we handle the legal details of your case. Here is how we can help:
- Our firm will begin your case by investigating liability to prove negligence.
- Throughout the course of our investigation, we will gather powerful and compelling evidence that can help prove the defendant’s negligence and liability.
- Your attorney will go over your losses in detail to calculate the value of your attorney will go over your losses in detail to calculate the value of your bus accident damages.
- We will evaluate the details of your case to determine if you have the right to file a claim with the insurance company; your bus accident attorney will handle the negotiation process on your behalf.
- Your case will go to trial if the defendant is uninsured or the insurance settlement does not sufficiently cover your damages.
How Much Is Your Bus Accident Claim Worth?
Determining the value of your bus accident claim in Milton is critical if you hope to hold the liable party accountable to the fullest extent of the law. You have the right to be compensated for all of your losses. Not only can you be repaid for any out-of-pocket or upfront financial costs, but you should also be compensated for the emotional trauma you experienced and your physical injuries.
Essentially, you should be repaid for all of the ways you have been affected by your bus accident injuries if someone else is responsible. Examples of damages you could recover as part of your bus accident loss can include:
- Costs of personal property damages
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Reduced quality of life
- Inability to participate in your favorite hobbies or activities
- Inability to engage in personal or intimate relationships
- Skin scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of future potential earnings and wages
- Loss of income
- Your current medical expenses and the costs of future medical care
- The damage to your personal or professional reputation
It is important to go over even the most sensitive of details to ensure you are compensated fairly in your claim. If you do not, you may find yourself lacking the compensation you need to truly take back control of your life.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Milton, call 404-400-4000
What to Expect from the Insurance Company After Your Bus Accident in Milton
Georgia is a fault state for car accidents and insurance claims. This means when you have been involved in a bus accident in Milton, you will typically file a claim with the liable party’s insurance provider.
However, since the insurance company will likely fight back, and your settlement will be based on the defendant’s insurance coverage, always be prepared to bring your case to court in addition to filing an insurance claim.
Meet With a Milton Bus Accident Attorney Today
You do not need to deal with the claims process on your own. With help from a reputable Milton bus accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates, you can ensure the negligent party is held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Learn more about what is next for your bus accident claim when you contact our office for a free consultation. You can reach us through our quick contact form or by phone to get started as soon as today.
Call or text 404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form