Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have transformed how people travel, where you download an app and gain access to inexpensive, convenient, and fast transport. However, like any other motor vehicle on the road, rideshare services are also susceptible to car accidents. Besides, people injured in a rideshare accident can sustain serious injuries which can inhibit them from working and providing for their families.
At John Foy, we understand how difficult it can be when you or someone you love sustains injuries caused by someone else’s fault. Luckily, Georgia law allows rideshare accident victims to seek compensation from the liable party to cover all their losses and damages. If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft collision, contact our Ellenwood rideshare accident lawyer today.
Helping You Recover After a Rideshare Accident in Ellenwood
Although rideshare providers have changed modern transportation, rideshare accidents occur, and people injured have the right to seek compensation. However, pursuing a rideshare accident or wrongful death claim can be intricate since several parties are involved. This accompanies other challenges, such as rideshare companies refuting liability and personal insurers refusing to cover damage costs.
Working with an experienced Ellenwood rideshare accident attorney at John Foy can help you receive the settlement you deserve after a rideshare collision. In addition, we can help you navigate the legal process of seeking compensation and defend you aggressively against stubborn insurance companies. Besides, our legal team will handle everything on your behalf while representing your best interests, ensuring you receive comprehensive legal representation and peace of mind during your recovery period.
Get the strong arm
What to Do After a Rideshare Collision in Ellenwood, GA
Whether you were a pedestrian or a rideshare passenger, getting into a car accident with an Uber or Lyft can be devastating. Luckily, it is essential to follow specific steps to protect your legal rights and increase your chances of recovering money for your damages:
- Call the police: Contact the police and request emergency services for anyone injured. Besides, calling the police can also help determine fault.
- Remain calm and never discuss causation: Be mindful of your actions and what you say immediately after the accident. Admitting fault or being empathetic may be used as evidence to proclaim you as liable.
- Document the scene: Use your camera or smartphone to take photos and record videos of the accident, including your injuries and damage. This helps provide proof when determining your claim.
- Provide a detailed recount of the crash for the police: Once the police arrive, ensure you detail everything you remember about the accident. It lets you create a valuable police report that can support your claim.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible: Consult your doctor immediately to see whether you are injured or not. A doctor can determine the extent of your injuries or if you have any damage that may appear after several days or weeks.
- Contact a qualified rideshare accident lawyer in Ellenwood: Working with an Ellenwood personal injury lawyer is essential after a rideshare collision. Therefore, contact a lawyer after the accident to help you with all legal matters when pursuing compensation.
When Is a Rideshare Driver Liable for an Accident?
If you were a passenger in a rideshare car during an accident, your damages should be compensated by the commercial liability insurance policy, despite who was at fault. But if you were a pedestrian or in your vehicle and a rideshare driver caused the accident, you must prove negligence when seeking compensation. This is because Georgia is an at-fault state, and you can prove negligence if the accident occurred due to:
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to yield
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while distracted
- Failure to fully maintain the vehicle
Working with an experienced Ellenwood rideshare accident lawyer at John Foy can help you gather and present crucial evidence to prove who is liable for your losses. Besides, we will ensure you receive the full amount depending on your damages and injuries.
Can You Sue a Rideshare Company?
After a rideshare accident, you might consider suing the company directly with the intent of being compensated for your losses. However, Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare apps have covered their services, making it difficult to sue them. Besides, rideshare drivers are independent contractors, which makes rideshare companies indirectly liable in an accident.
Fortunately, rideshare providers provide drivers with insurance policies that may cover your damage, but not entirely. Hiring a rideshare accident attorney in Ellenwood ensures you understand your legal options and access full legal representation to pursue fair compensation.
Types of Recoverable Compensation After an Ellenwood Rideshare Accident
If you have been hurt in a rideshare accident caused by someone else, you can seek compensation for different types of injuries and damages sustained from the crash. In Georgia, you may be eligible for the following damages:
- Past, present, and future medical costs
- Out of pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages
- Interference with daily living
- Wrongful death benefits such as funeral costs
How Our Qualified Ellenwood Rideshare Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries after a rideshare accident in Ellenwood, GA, contacting a lawyer as soon as possible is essential. Typically, going through the process of seeking compensation can be challenging, especially when you suffer life-threatening injuries. Luckily, our Ellenwood rideshare accident lawyer can help you in various ways throughout the process:
- Gather critical evidence to support your claim
- Determine if your claim qualifies for compensation
- Defend your rights and fight on your behalf at all levels of the case
- Negotiate your claim with the party at-fault
- Ensure you receive a maximum and full settlement
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
Contact an Ellenwood Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
Whether you sustained injuries or not in a rideshare accident caused by someone else in Ellenwood, a rideshare accident lawyer can help you. We can evaluate your claim and determine if your case qualifies for compensation. Contact an experienced Ellenwood rideshare accident lawyer and schedule a free consultation with us today.
404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form