Heavy truck traffic increases the risk for truck accidents in Lithonia. Personal injuries you sustain as a result have the potential to be severe. To get the compensation you need to cover your medical costs, lost income, and other expenses, reach out to John Foy & Associates.
Our Lithonia truck accident lawyers have decades’ worth of practical experience helping clients throughout our community in these types of cases. Knows as The Strong Arm of Georgia, we get big wins, with results totaling more than $1 billion in jury awards and settlements. To get the respect and superior client service you deserve from a lawyer who is at the top of their field, call or contact our office online and request a free consultation today.
Truck Accidents in Lithonia Can Cause Catastrophic Personal Injuries
Sharing the road with flatbed trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs carries certain risks. Truck accidents in Lithonia are common and can leave other motorists involved suffering serious, potentially catastrophic personal injuries. Common ways in which truck accident injuries can occur include:
- Jackknife truck accidents
- T-bone truck crashes
- Rollover truck accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Blindspot accidents
If you are injured due to any of the above or another type of truck accident, reach out to our Lithonia truck accident attorneys right away for help in filing a claim.
Get the strong arm
A Truck Accident Lawyer in Lithonia Can Help Determine Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that over 10% of all traffic accidents involve large trucks. Negligence, either on the part of truck drivers or trucking companies, is often to blame. This includes:
- Lack of experience or proper certification: Truck drivers must be certified through the state. Not having proper licensing and general inexperience increases the likelihood of a crash.
- Reckless driving: Even experienced truck drivers may engage in reckless behavior, such as speeding, running red lights, and distracted driving.
- Poor truck maintenance: Lack of maintenance and routine repairs increases the likelihood of tire blowouts, brake failures, engine seize-ups, and other problems.
- Improper loading practices: Shifting and under or oversized loads destabilize trucks and make accidents more likely to happen.
- Trucking company negligence: Not properly monitoring drivers, using defective equipment, and overscheduling all increase truck accident risks.
Truck accidents are complex events. At John Foy & Associates, you can count on our experienced truck accident attorneys in Lithonia to determine exactly who is at fault and, therefore, liable for the damages you suffer in a claim.
Follow These Steps If You Are Injured in a Truck Accident in Lithonia
Truck accident injuries can impact you and your loved ones for years into the future. If a truck accident in Lithonia happens, take these steps to protect yourself and your rights to compensation:
- Report the accident immediately to law enforcement so an incident report can be filed.
- Get contact and insurance information for the truck driver and any others involved.
- Make note of the trucking company and their location.
- Gather evidence, such as taking photos and getting contact information for witnesses.
- Get medical treatment right away and follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Contact a Lithonia truck accident attorney before making any statements or signing any documents.
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys standing by, ready to defend them and their drivers against claims. To get the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries, get our legal team on your side.
Get Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
You have just one chance to get compensation for your truck accident injuries. Once you accept a settlement from the truck company or their insurers, you are waiving your right to file any additional claims. To prevent settling for less than you deserve and having to face high out-of-pocket costs, reach out to a Lithonia truck accident lawyer.
While you recover from your injuries, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf. If the circumstances surrounding your claim are disputed, or your damages exceed insurance coverage limits, we can help you take those at fault to court. Common types of compensation, referred to as ‘damages’ under the Georgia Code, that you may be entitled to in a truck accident lawsuit include:
- Economic damages: This covers your property damages, current medical expenses, future treatment costs, lost wages, future losses in income or benefits, and funeral costs, in the event truck accident injuries prove fatal.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates truck accident victims and their loved ones for pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, lost enjoyment in life, and loss of consortium or companionship in the event of death.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for if the trucker driver or trucking company acted in willful or gross negligence. It can represent a sizable portion of your claim, with awards of up to $250,000 or more.
Discuss Your Case with a Lithonia Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Do not deal risk settling for less than what you are entitled to or need to recover from your truck accident injuries. When dealing with trucking companies, their attorneys, and insurance representative, get The Strong Arm of Georgia on your side. You can count on John Foy & Associates to provide the professional legal representation, respect, and superior service you deserve.
We win big, and you do not pay unless we win for you. To discuss how we can help, give us a call or contact a Lithonia truck accident lawyer today and request a free consultation.