When someone is driving aggressively in Alpharetta, they put everyone at risk. Aggressive driving can cause catastrophic injuries and damages in an accident. If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of an aggressive driver, speak with an Alpharetta aggressive driving accident lawyer today.
At John Foy & Associates, we have 20-plus years of experience helping aggressive driving accident victims. We work tirelessly to get our clients the compensation they deserve. Plus, we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
To get a FREE consultation, call (404) 400-4000, or contact us online.
What to Know About Aggressive Driving in Alpharetta
Aggressive driving is unsafe driving behavior. When someone drives aggressively, they are being careless towards others’ safety. According to the AAA Exchange, research shows over half of deadly accidents involve at least some aggressive driving.
Examples of aggressive driving can include:
- Excessive speeding
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Cutting quickly in front of another car, then slowing down
- Running red lights
- Honking at other drivers obsessively
- Not yielding the right of way
- Changing lanes without signaling first
- Keeping other drivers from changing lanes
- Racing with other drivers
Aggressive drivers are often taking out their life frustrations on other drivers. The driver could be stressed or upset about something in their life.
No matter the reason, aggressive driving is never okay. The behavior is incredibly dangerous for all drivers on Alpharetta roads. If an aggressive driver caused your accident, they are responsible.
You have the right to seek compensation for your accident damages (Georgia Code Section 51-12-4). An Alpharetta aggressive driving accident lawyer can help you do that with an injury claim.
Aggressive Driving Can Become Very Serious
If aggressive driving escalates, it can turn into road rage. Although aggressive driving is severe, too, road rage is a crime.
Examples of road rage include:
- Bumping against another driver’s car
- Chasing another vehicle
- Using the car as a weapon
- Brandishing a weapon at another driver
If road rage leads to your accident, you could have even more recovery options. Talk to an experienced lawyer about seeking compensation today.
How to Determine Fault in an Alpharetta Aggressive Driving Accident
If you were not at fault for your accident, you can seek compensation. But first, you must know who was responsible. Thankfully, it’s usually pretty easy to determine fault in an aggressive driving accident.
The aggressive driver is almost always responsible for the accident. However, you will need to prove that:
- The driver owed you a duty of care.
- The driver breached their duty of care.
- The driver’s negligence caused your accident.
- You suffered injuries and damages from the crash.
All Alpharetta drivers have a duty of care to other motorists. You must act in a way that does not cause harm. If a driver does act carelessly and causes an accident, they are at fault.
You can file a personal injury claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Your claim will need to show how the driver was responsible. You’ll also need to provide proof of your damages like:
- Medical bills
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Car damage
- Pain and suffering
An aggressive driving lawyer can help you show all of the above in your claim.
Handling the Insurance Company After an Aggressive Driving Accident
After you file your claim, the driver’s insurance company might contact you. Keep this in mind: Insurance companies are not on your side. Even if the insurance adjuster seems nice, they are not your friend. Their job is to save the insurance company money on each claim.
The insurance company might use tactics like:
- Downplaying the seriousness of your injuries
- Offering you a lowball settlement upfront
- Trying to get you to say something they can use against you
- Asking you to give a recorded statement
It’s best if you do not talk to the insurance company without a lawyer. Otherwise, the insurer can easily take advantage of your situation. Also, do not accept a settlement without speaking to a lawyer first.
The first settlement offer will be a lowball amount. The insurance company is hoping you’ll accept the low offer out of desperation. But if you take any money, you’ll bar yourself from seeking additional recovery.
To protect your legal rights, talk to an Alpharetta aggressive driving accident lawyer. At John Foy & Associates, we can connect you with the best attorney for your needs. Call us at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
How to Handle an Aggressive Driving Accident in Alpharetta
After an aggressive driving accident, there are things you can do to protect yourself. Here are some steps we recommend taking:
- Call 911 to report the accident to the police.
- Do not exit the car if you feel the driver is dangerous.
- If it’s safe, use your phone to record the driver’s behavior (from inside your vehicle.)
- Take pictures of your injuries, vehicle damage, and the entire accident scene.
- Talk to any witnesses and ask for their contact information.
- Have a doctor evaluate your injuries as soon as possible (even if you feel fine).
- Document all of your medical costs and other crash-related expenses.
If you contact a lawyer immediately, they can help you with all of the above. Most of all, you’ll protect your rights to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Talk to an Alpharetta Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer for Free Today
Aggressive driving accidents are severe and scary. You should not have to bear the burden of someone else’s negligence. Contact John Foy & Associates to get the help you need today.
With over 20 years of experience, we know what it takes to win cases. Plus, we do not charge you a fee unless we win your case.
To schedule a FREE consultation today, call us at (404) 400-4000, or contact us online.