Accidents can happen fast in Lithonia, and if you’re injured, they often have a devastating impact. Hospital bills and doctor’s fees can add up quickly, and you could be off from work for days, months or even years as a result of an accident. But you have rights. If your accident was not your fault, you may be entitled to a full financial recovery. John Foy & Associates can help. We have such a strong success rate winning personal injury cases that we’ve earned the nickname “the Strong Arm of Georgia”—and we have been helping injury victims for over 20 years.
We are committed to protecting the rights of accident victims. Our experienced team of legal professionals knows how to pursue maximum recovery to pay for your medical costs and other losses. Let us sit down with you for a free consultation. Your consultation is your chance to get your questions answered and understand if you have a case. Call us to get your free consultation today at 404-400-4000.
What should I do if I’ve been injured in Lithonia?
Serious injuries can cause unimaginable pain and suffering. You may be concerned about when you’ll be able to return to work or how you’ll be able to pay the doctor bills. We’ve helped many clients that have faced the same challenges. We understand that money cannot undo your injury, but we also know it can help you stay financially stable as you work to rebuild your life.
While the weeks after your accident can be difficult, there are steps you can take to help protect your own rights. Here are two important steps to take after any accident:
- Call a reputable Lithonia personal injury lawyer. Getting your financial recovery means dealing with an insurance company, and these companies have large teams of lawyers dedicated to minimizing your claim. Do not assume that you can negotiate with them on your own. A good personal injury lawyer can evaluate accident reports, interview witnesses, and bring in experts to establish the strength of your personal injury claim. We’re not confused by the insurance company’s tactics to keep payments to a minimum. We work aggressively to help accident victims obtain the money they need and deserve.
- Don’t accept anything from the insurance company until you’ve spoken to lawyer. Insurance companies are notorious for swooping in with an offer of fast cash. Do not be fooled—they’re looking out for their own bests interests, not yours. In many cases the money they are offering is only a fraction of what your medical expenses and time off of work could end up costing you. They know this and they want you to sign away your rights as soon as possible. Contact a lawyer and seek legal counsel as soon as possible after your accident injury.
How do I know if I have a case?
The best thing to do is to seek the advice of a legal professional. A lawyer can decide if any evidence you gathered, witnesses you spoke to, or photographs or videos taken constitute a personal injury claim. They can also help you build a case if you don’t have any of this evidence.
Often we talk to people who don’t think they have a claim at all, only to find out their recovery could be tens of thousands of dollars or more. Even what seems like a complete accident could be a viable claim if someone else’s negligence carelessness contributed to it. If someone else’s negligence is a factor, their insurance may cover the cost of your claim. The following are the most common types of accidents that qualify as personal injury claims:
- Car accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Slips, trips and falls
- Criminal assault resulting in injury
- Misfilled prescriptions
Will my case go to court?
The majority of personal injury cases never see the inside of a courtroom. When we agree to take your case, we enter a partnership with you. While you begin the healing process, we begin interviewing witnesses, evaluating evidence, and negotiating with the insurance company. Often, we can negotiate an equitable settlement amount that is much more than what the insurers were initially willing to offer—without a trial.
In the event the insurance company rejects our settlement offer, we may advise you to pursue the case in the local courts. If we do go to court, we will be right there with you every step of the way. Our goal is to make this experience as stress-free for you as possible, while you get back to living your life.
How much will it cost me to hire a personal injury lawyer in Lithonia?
At John Foy & Associates, any and all consultations we have with you are always free. Protecting your legal rights and representing your best interests are our top priority. We have seen other law firms that do charge up-front fees, meaning they get paid whether they win or lose. At John Foy & Associates, we don’t believe this practice is in your best interest. Our payment terms are clear:
- All consultations are FREE
- You pay nothing out of pocket—ever
- You pay nothing if we don’t win you money
Is there a deadline for filing an injury claim in Lithonia?
Yes. In the City of Lithonia, you have a limited time window to file a personal injury claim. That’s why it’s so important to act quickly after an accident injury. In some cases, it could be a few weeks from the date of the accident. In other cases, a few years. The deadlines will vary, and they are governed by Georgia state law and federal law. Don’t risk missing the deadline. Speak to an attorney as soon as possible after your accident, so that you can get the legal counsel you need and deserve.
Speak to a Lithonia Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates has over 20 years of experience fighting and winning cases for accident victims and their families. We offer a free, no-risk consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000, or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.